U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM

20,205 posts, read 28,247,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
It's called Lake Forest and it's in the nice part of Sanford. In your price range, you'll be set.
Grrr, I keep transposing the words! Lake Forest...NOT Forest Lake!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 04:02 PM

6 posts, read 20,892 times
I'm sure this has probably been answered for me but can someone refresh my memory on Oveido? Nice for a family? Rural/town? Just widening our search and someone mentioned getting more "house for your money" there.

Thanks for all the input!
Christine

Old 05-02-2011, 10:02 PM

3,447 posts, read 5,585,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineinNJ View Post
I'm sure this has probably been answered for me but can someone refresh my memory on Oveido? Nice for a family? Rural/town? Just widening our search and someone mentioned getting more "house for your money" there.

Thanks for all the input!
Christine
Yes nice for a family, some parts rural, but majority suburban near UCF. It has been known for being a little expensive but overall I think it's a good choice.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 AM

I doubt you'll get more house for the money in Oviedo as it's been "discovered", the schools are excellent and it's a bit closer to Orlando. If you want more dollar per square foot look to DeBary or Orange City, though the schools take a bit of a dive in terms of quality however. Both areas are somewhat undiscovered by Orlando buyers though some are becoming attracted by lower prices for new-construction communities and far less crime/congestion. The bummer might be the commute, though many who have move to the area from elsewhere find 45 minute to an hour commutes normal.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,527 times
Be sure to check out Magnolia Plantation. It is in Lake Mary off Markham Woods Road. Very nice neighborhood, easy commute. A very good value for the area.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:47 PM

21 posts, read 54,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltsprite View Post
Be sure to check out Magnolia Plantation. It is in Lake Mary off Markham Woods Road. Very nice neighborhood, easy commute. A very good value for the area.
I second this! It's a very beautiful neighborhood and would be my top choice if it were more in my price range. My husband and I were very impressed with it.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 PM

4 posts, read 6,543 times
Sylvan Lake Reserve is a beautiful subdivision, not gated, light HOA requirements, we love it. It's in Sanford, so is Lake Forest and some of the homes in Heathrow. We've lived in the Reserve for a few years, five bedrooms, three baths, simple home, great yard, hubby works in LM, the five minute commute is almost too short LOL.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesmom View Post
Sylvan Lake Reserve is a beautiful subdivision, not gated, light HOA requirements, we love it. It's in Sanford, so is Lake Forest and some of the homes in Heathrow. We've lived in the Reserve for a few years, five bedrooms, three baths, simple home, great yard, hubby works in LM, the five minute commute is almost too short LOL.
^^^ Sylvan Lake is a great area! I also omitted previously the Astor Farms subdivision on Orange Blvd north of SR46, as well as a couple of other smaller subdivisions neighboring it. Quiet, safe areas with very easy access to I-4 and close to the Seminole Town Center area as well as Lake Mary/Heathrow.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,802 times
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and also thinking of taking a relo to Lake Mary for my current job. We have a small toddler but we are looking for something 200k or under. Does anyone know anything about mount dora or De Bary, seems to have really good home prices? Are they good place to raise a family and is the commute to LM doable? 45mins or under?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 PM

31 posts, read 48,336 times
We live in Sanford, three minutes from Lake Mary in a quiet subdivision. We love it here, and we purposely chose to not live in a gated community. We were planning on moving to Lake Mary but did find the lots to be a little small for our tastes and LMblvd a bit too busy for our liking. That said, we love LM and didn't plan on using any of the public schools for our kids so if that's a big deal to you check out the schools. Our kids take tests for college at LM High, it's large and busy. Seminole is pretty large as well, and busy. You will love living here in Florida, we relocated from Morris County three years ago and love, love, love it here. Our standard of living has changed for the better, and our love for outdoors has increased even more than it was in Jersey, which was a lot.

Check out Sylvan Lakes Reserve, Berington Club, Aston Farms in Sanford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or