U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 PM

156 posts, read 355,536 times

Advertisements

IMO your first priority should be your business. What good is living in an area where the women are hot and you can't survive? Get your business off the ground and then go from there.

On a side note, if you do come here, I have mad adversiting/admin asst skills, let me know if you're hiring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,888,895 times
Well I'd say there are some pretty stunning women and men in this town. I'm thinking you haven't looked in the right places yet.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 PM

126 posts, read 590,310 times
There are gorgeous women everywhere. Any large metropolitan area will have a plethora of beautiful women, you just have to look! I don't know where the idea that there are no pretty women in Orlando came from, it couldn't be farther from the truth! Sure, there's plenty of fat and ugly tourists walking around Disney or at I-Drive, but I'd much rather look for women in Orlando than San Antonio (where I lived for 5 yrs, although small towns in Texas have lots of gorgeous girls) If there's a lack of pretty women anywhere in Florida, it would be Cape Coral (my hometown), it is seriously lacking down there. Glad I left

Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM

55 posts, read 87,213 times
No this isn't a troll. It's a legitimate question, or at the very least it's a guy question lol. I'm happy to see the incredulousness in this thread since it's in my benefit to be proven wrong lol. I wouldn't mind comparisons to other places as there are definitely some places more .. barren than others. In a nutshell from my POV right now , LA has the girls/culture but too expensive to start anything small, San Diego would be a half ass compromise and Orlando imo seems to have a lot going for it except the girls! but it's looking good that you guys are screaming murder on that already

Ive been through most of the major cities in North America as well as some in other countries but when I looked at Orlando online, and yes some of the Disney pics it was shocking. IMO the worst places in North America for singles are Seattle and Vancouver. They both have a cold and stand off-ish culture where Seattle is overpopulated with single guys and '5 or 6's in other cities' that suddenly find themselves a 10 in Seattle, while Vancouver can easily boast many of the hottest girls in North America there are MANY singles not connecting from the superficial/shallow, cold and unfriendly culture. Few true friends let alone relationships kinda deal.

As for the business, game dev is mostly a lot of work, endless overtime and often quite solitary so it can get even more lonely if the city itself is not accomodating. Lets keep it to the girls, and not derail tho. This is a *living* question, not a business one. I could almost do this anywhere and hire from anywhere but it's nice to have a strong local base too.

Last edited by fathamburger; 04-28-2011 at 03:20 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,433,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathamburger View Post
Hi,

I am still strongly considering relocating to Orlando to start a video game company. The city seems to have everything I need business wise, schools to recruit from i.e. DAVE school, Full Sail, and FIEA to hire from, low cost of living, beautiful all round weather and walkable/convenient areas. However the one gotcha is that when I do look at sites like POF and OkCupid, just finding someone somewhat attractive is an "OMG" moment. I also found another article that said that even the Magic cheerleaders aren't hot at all.

My other choices are San Diego and LA. Hotness is not 100% the factor but still.. pickings seem to be very slim. While Miami is nearby, it doesnt strike as a place where the women are particularly nerd friendly lol. San Diego would otherwise be the best compromise but lacks Orlando's film/video game focus.

This is pretty much the only dealbreaker factor, otherwise from an entrepreneurial pt of view, Orlando is a slam dunk. I will visit in August or as soon as I can, but until then, what do you guys think? lol
Beauty is (and always has been) in the eye of the beholder. Deciding based on something so shallow is not a good idea.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,086,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathamburger View Post
No this isn't a troll. It's a legitimate question, or at the very least it's a guy question lol. I'm happy to see the incredulousness in this thread since it's in my benefit to be proven wrong lol. I wouldn't mind comparisons to other places as there are definitely some places more .. barren than others. In a nutshell from my POV right now , LA has the girls/culture but too expensive to start anything small, San Diego would be a half ass compromise and Orlando imo seems to have a lot going for it except the girls! but it's looking good that you guys are screaming murder on that already

Ive been through most of the major cities in North America as well as some in other countries but when I looked at Orlando online, and yes some of the Disney pics it was shocking. IMO the worst places in North America for singles are Seattle and Vancouver. They both have a cold and stand off-ish culture where Seattle is overpopulated with single guys and '5 or 6's in other cities' that suddenly find themselves a 10 in Seattle, while Vancouver can easily boast many of the hottest girls in North America there are MANY singles not connecting from the superficial/shallow, cold and unfriendly culture. Few true friends let alone relationships kinda deal.

As for the business, game dev is mostly a lot of work, endless overtime and often quite solitary so it can get even more lonely if the city itself is not accomodating. Lets keep it to the girls, and not derail tho. This is a *living* question, not a business one. I could almost do this anywhere and hire from anywhere but it's nice to have a strong local base too.
LOL
I lived in Vancouver for 11 years it doesn't have the hottest women in north america. Not even close, to say so is hilarious in fact one of the many reasons why I left is how plain, bland and amish they all are.It didn't have an obesity problem, but it's plain jane central up there. Don't get me started on the attitude.it's only a couple hours north of seattle, the culture and lookswise are very similar. I doubt you have spent allot of time in Vancouver, if you had you wouldn't have said that, still it was good for a laugh. I am in Orlando now, and the women are much better here, One thing I notice is that they look allot less trashy here

Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 AM

157 posts, read 290,888 times
LOL Orlando and Florida in general definitely has loads of gorgeous women, beats San Francisco for sure!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:52 AM

2,535 posts, read 4,464,890 times
Wow. Doesn't every place have it's share of pretty and ugly women? How many do you need? Sheesh. I was gonna say that you only need one, but then realized that I might have a different perspective on life.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM

1,335 posts, read 4,205,299 times
there is no such thing as an orlando girl, they are all from someplace else....its just cleveland, pittsburgh, ny, nj, boston, etc girls living in orlando

Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM

570 posts, read 958,411 times
It's just like any other city, hot girls will be hot, ugly ones will be ugly. The host sounds like he doesn't see much action though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or