U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM

288 posts, read 630,787 times

Advertisements

Situation solved. Today's Parade magazine says that Boston is the best city for online dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 02:23 PM

26,589 posts, read 53,038,435 times
Ironically he's probably about as good looking as Bill Gates and will soon be back here complaining that the hot women won't give him the time of day.

I know a lot of drop dead gorgeous women in the Orlando area, generally they can't be bothered with guys that are as shallow as the OP.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:18 PM

13 posts, read 32,990 times
there are plenty of "hot" girls in Orlanda. problem is, most of them have more class than you are looking for. Maybe try Miami. Down there if you throw enough money at them, they will go out with anything.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:27 PM

9 posts, read 57,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzza View Post
Aw, let him have his say (assuming it's a him). Although I do agree about getting away from the computer..

Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM

55 posts, read 87,780 times
lol@the responses. I've just got back from a visit and worries unfounded (if anything, met a decent gal at the plaza on the first night). Especially considering the average obesity rate in the States nowadays, imo I didn't think the Orlando area as a whole suffered too badly and found Miami to be a lot more shadier and rundown by comparison despite its reputation

Beautiful city that I hope does not go the way of Flint, Michigan but there is a clear need for a lot more commercial, especially in the downtown area. Wish I could have stayed in town longer to talk to more people. It actually surprised me considering how dead downtown was to see that people still came out there anyway. I would definitely recommend the city for anybody looking to start any kind of business, both online and physical as its immediately apparent the city needs it and the jobs. Aside from downtown I noticed that the city has grown too much residential sprawl and not nearly enough commercial, or various commercial areas outside of the dilapidated downtown core.

Myself the biggest problem is being stuck over in Canada just because the US lacks any kind of pro business immigration policy that would actually create jobs that isn't tied at the hip to illegal immigration reform (so basically nothing's going to get done and something like say startupvisa.com is going to ge buried), or I would have made the move already. The other problem is that while getting there is not insurmountable, I'm not getting any younger and it's clear that Orlando is a fixer upper and I'm running out of years myself and would like to enjoy a place like Santa Monica or LA before I get too old for it. But if I was talking to my fresh out of college self I would have said go out to Orlando and build an empire now in a heartbeat. It will be a tough decision in the coming months ahead.

PS I don't look like Bill Gates

Old 09-29-2011, 09:57 PM

17 posts, read 20,175 times
As a woman currently living in NY and buying a house in Orlando... this thread cracks me up. Thanks for that.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,181,563 times
Shallow Hal.....Meet City Data.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM

78 posts, read 96,944 times
Walkability? Great weather? are you nuts? The climate here is horrid. Orlando is also among the worst cities for pedestrians.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM

4,597 posts, read 3,229,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Shallow Hal.....Meet City Data.
I think the monicker Shallow Gal fits pretty well in Orlando as well. You can look like Bill Gates as long as your wallet is as fat as his. When my wife and I attend my daughter's school functions, I'm amazed at the number of extremely attractive women married to men who look like they were hit with the ugly stick at birth. A few questions asked and we find the men all have M.D. or D.D.S. after their names. True love in some cases ? Sure ... in most, it's the love of the almighty dollar.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,420,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
I think the monicker Shallow Gal fits pretty well in Orlando as well. You can look like Bill Gates as long as your wallet is as fat as his. When my wife and I attend my daughter's school functions, I'm amazed at the number of extremely attractive women married to men who look like they were hit with the ugly stick at birth. A few questions asked and we find the men all have M.D. or D.D.S. after their names. True love in some cases ? Sure ... in most, it's the love of the almighty dollar.
I don't really get your logic. How is it more shallow to go for the less attractive guy with a brain over a handsome face? Sure, the two aren't mutually exclusive and of course there are cases of obvious arm candy... but sometimes it's not all about the looks or the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or