Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM

12 posts, read 57,275 times

Advertisements

I need suggestions on neighborhoods to live in. I plan on renting a home. I do not know anything about the area. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any rental companies to use.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Default What area?

Since the Orlando area is very spread out, let us know a few details 1st. Central Florida is very diverse.
Where is work?
How long/far are you willing to commute?
What is your budget?
What is important to you in a neighborhood?

I can't help you on rental agents but I can help you pick a neighborhood.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:46 PM

12 posts, read 57,275 times
My fiance will be opening a new restaurant at mall at millenia. I know this is not a safe area from what I have heard. He does not mind a 20-30 commute. We are in our late 20- early 30's. I am looking for a safe neighborhood.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:17 PM

26 posts, read 118,997 times
You want to stay closer to exits 68-75 off 4 for the quickest time.

As far as safest stay out of Pine Hills and Metrowest.

I used to live in Kissimmee, they have their problems but no one was shot on a daily basis.
There are always going to be problems especially since it is a tourist area so you get ppl that aren't native to the area.

A new restaraunt is ALWAYS awesome! When I get back to FL I will eat there, can you priv msg me when you get set up? I estimate about 6months of torture before I can come home.

It is VERY diverse here.
My recommendations are Kissimmee (if your bilingual this is a plus), Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs.
Lake Mary and Altamonte Springs your looking at a reasonable to delayed commute.. 4 is just a parking lot at certain times but it hits the heaviest at least for me after the bridge by the 408 and downtown connectors.

Metrowest is an area to avoid at least for me and Pine Hills.
However some ppl financially that is their only option.
If you want out of the way and newer places Haines City and Davenport are an option, they are little out of the way but reasonable distance.

Sanford is very far and consist mostly of rent income restrictions.

The snow birds all tend to go towards Davenport/Haines City and the British as well.

Hope this helps more so.
Best of luck! and don't forget to msg me where to go and what i'm looking for when I get back home!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM

239 posts, read 799,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseinthehouse View Post
You want to stay closer to exits 68-75 off 4 for the quickest time.

As far as safest stay out of Pine Hills and Metrowest.

I used to live in Kissimmee, they have their problems but no one was shot on a daily basis.
There are always going to be problems especially since it is a tourist area so you get ppl that aren't native to the area.

A new restaraunt is ALWAYS awesome! When I get back to FL I will eat there, can you priv msg me when you get set up? I estimate about 6months of torture before I can come home.

It is VERY diverse here.
My recommendations are Kissimmee (if your bilingual this is a plus), Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs.
Lake Mary and Altamonte Springs your looking at a reasonable to delayed commute.. 4 is just a parking lot at certain times but it hits the heaviest at least for me after the bridge by the 408 and downtown connectors.

Metrowest is an area to avoid at least for me and Pine Hills.
However some ppl financially that is their only option.
If you want out of the way and newer places Haines City and Davenport are an option, they are little out of the way but reasonable distance.

Sanford is very far and consist mostly of rent income restrictions.

The snow birds all tend to go towards Davenport/Haines City and the British as well.

Hope this helps more so.
Best of luck! and don't forget to msg me where to go and what i'm looking for when I get back home!
Go to orlando apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist and search for homes to rent in Winter Park, Thornton Park, Lake Eola, Dr. Phillips, Windermere, and possibly College Park.

Mall at Millenia is convenient, so you should not have more than a 20 to 35 minute commute from these places.

Good luck!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:41 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,388 times
No nice single family homes near mall at millenia...there are a few decent apartments and condo's right across the street from the mall though.

East orlando where I live is very nice, and way back when I worked at a restaurant in point orlando the commute was not bad (restaurant hours usually kept me out of rush hours)

If your interested I have a friend with C21 that does property management and could find you a house to rent. email me at gregt@exitorlando.com

Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
greg, since you work at exit realty in orlando, when can i move the hell outta here and sell my house??? 2 yrs ago it was listed at 330k brand new. when are we gonna be able to get 2005 prices again???

Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Back to 2005 prices and activity?? don't hold your breath I performed a whole analysis based off verifyable statistics in the orlando market. The articles that come out everyother day from the nat'l association, the fed, and "experts", are all circle talk and mean nothing. If your really interested I'd be glad to share.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
sure... do you think it will be in 2009 or 2010 like projected? i wanna move northward while i can still get a good price on a home up there...

Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 PM

I don't know the stats up north, different areas are going to recover quicker and slower than others.
I agree the market should be back to "normal" by late 2009. It's the time between now and then that is going to be fun. You have PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando