U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 AM

8,830 posts, read 14,685,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I also live right by it. I'm usually there mulitiple times a week. It's very convenient. At normal malls you have to park and walk through a whole mall to just to get something from one store. I like how in Waterford if you just need to hit one store you can drive right up to it and get in and out fast. Where else can you park 5 feet away from the front door of a Buckle or Victoria Seacret? Of course the best time to go is during the week. Its a mad house on weekends, the week before school starts and the holidays. I do like all the events they have though. a weekly farmers market and an endless list of big community events. Including a month long Christmas fair with ice skating, taste of Orlando festival, wing break, to name a few. The IMAX movie theater is also nice (avoid fri and sat nights, it's a middle school hangout).
That's what I liked about it, how everything was in one area and you can pull right up to the store you wanted. It was a madhouse on Saturday though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 AM

7,948 posts, read 7,036,587 times
this shopping area is just one of the things that makes Waterford, Eastwood, Northwood,Stoneybrook such nice places to live.
I have gone there for years and watched as it continues to grow. there is much more to come.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,768,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
this shopping area is just one of the things that makes Waterford, Eastwood, Northwood,Stoneybrook such nice places to live.
I have gone there for years and watched as it continues to grow. there is much more to come.
Yup they finally started to finish the construction of the toys 'r' us/ baby's 'r' us and looks like they plan on building more in the surrounding empty area.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 PM

5,441 posts, read 7,072,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I was there today and all I can say is WOW! It's huge and it has every store imaginable in one parking lot. I love that It was busy but that doesn't bother me one bit.
You might like (though its on the OPPOSITE end of town) Fowler Grove at Winter Garden Village. Not as big as Waterford but definitely a great shpooing center

Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 AM

651 posts, read 1,149,608 times
It's a zoo and their parking lots are poorly designed...see my other post.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 424 times
Ok...now I am worried! My husband and I are relocating to Orlando area and have secured a lease in a Waterford Lakes subdivision. I have read old and not so old posts re: rudeness and road "ragers"...have we made a mistake? I am a Southerner who always looks forward to meeting new people and getting involved in the community I live. Should we just resign ourselves as the outsiders new to town with no hopes of an occasional "hello...how are you?" HELP!!! We were hoping for a nice welcome to the area!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 AM

896 posts, read 587,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I also live right by it. I'm usually there mulitiple times a week. It's very convenient. At normal malls you have to park and walk through a whole mall to just to get something from one store. I like how in Waterford if you just need to hit one store you can drive right up to it and get in and out fast. Where else can you park 5 feet away from the front door of a Buckle or Victoria Seacret? Of course the best time to go is during the week. Its a mad house on weekends, the week before school starts and the holidays. I do like all the events they have though. a weekly farmers market and an endless list of big community events. Including a month long Christmas fair with ice skating, taste of Orlando festival, wing break, to name a few. The IMAX movie theater is also nice (avoid fri and sat nights, it's a middle school hangout).
Wait. What? There is a farmer's Market?

Old 10-25-2012, 10:31 AM

5,722 posts, read 6,046,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla.bound View Post
Ok...now I am worried! My husband and I are relocating to Orlando area and have secured a lease in a Waterford Lakes subdivision. I have read old and not so old posts re: rudeness and road "ragers"...have we made a mistake? I am a Southerner who always looks forward to meeting new people and getting involved in the community I live. Should we just resign ourselves as the outsiders new to town with no hopes of an occasional "hello...how are you?" HELP!!! We were hoping for a nice welcome to the area!

It's not too bad... there is a certain group of folks that do tend to drive like idiots, but they are usually younger and that's no surprise... I'm just not a big fan of East Orlando overall.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 PM

102 posts, read 98,703 times
Quote:

By "Southerner" do you mean South of the border? Si tu hablas espanol, estas lista para vivir en Waterford y East Orlando. If you didn't understand my crappy Spanish, it was my poor attempt at humor to let you know that East Orlando and Waterford is very diverse and a lot of Hispanics have moved to the area. Don't worry, Hispanics are some of the nicest and warmest people you will ever meet, as if you did not know that already. I've spent a lot of time in that part of town, it's alright. However, very transient, a lot of students live around there up and down Alafaya. It's not like it was about 5-7 years ago.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 PM

651 posts, read 1,149,608 times
Quote:
I just moved out of East Orlando after living there for almost 15 years. It was more peaceful when I just moved there. The development was nice with Waterford Lakes Town Center, but the growth seems to suffocate the area. The convenience of the shopping center is there, but as others have said, it's a mad house on weekends, as thousands of other people congregate there on weekends, and teeny boppers on Friday nights. Try getting in and out of the Lake Underhill Rd., Waterford Chase area around 7:30 to 8:00 AM, and again around the end of the day, 5-6 PM, it's not very conducive to being in a residential area if you ask me. Whoever heard of a traffic jam in a neighborhood subdivision? I've been in more peaceful areas with the conveniences. Near the end of my days over there, I did most of my shopping in more peaceful Titusville, I'd rather drive the extra 15-20 mins to be in the peace and quiet over there (where there's Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) rather than the mayhem of Waterford Lakes. I'll have good memories of living in Orlando, FL, and I'll always come back to visit and vacation, but I'm glad I no longer live there. There are some good people over there, but you will have your run-ins with inconsiderate and discourteous people both on and off the road. Good luck, hope it turns out to be what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando