Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,027,401 times

Advertisements

I was there today and all I can say is WOW! It's huge and it has every store imaginable in one parking lot. I love that It was busy but that doesn't bother me one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,330,008 times
If it wasn't outdoors or set up more like a traditional mall like the outlets I would be there more often. But the current setup, just too hot. It's nice during the holidays.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,744,119 times
Yep. It's a great shopping center. Apparently, it was supposed to be a traditional indoor mall, but then the announcement for Oviedo Marketplace was announced and plans were changed to make it an outdoor complex with a mix of regular stores and mall stores.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 AM

27,119 posts, read 43,790,642 times
I too had hoped it would be a different set-up when I heard about it, only to find it out it was basically a large strip mall with lots of traffic. It has too much concrete/asphalt and too little trees/greenery/shade for Central Florida heat and in such the developers kind of missed the boat conceptually in my opinion, gearing it more toward automobiles versus pedestrians as well as limiting to big box stores-only versus a mix of smaller specialty retailers with larger ones.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I too had hoped it would be a different set-up when I heard about it, only to find it out it was basically a large strip mall with lots of traffic. It has too much concrete/asphalt and too little trees/greenery/shade for Central Florida heat and in such the developers kind of missed the boat conceptually in my opinion, gearing it more toward automobiles versus pedestrians as well as limiting to big box stores-only versus a mix of smaller specialty retailers with larger ones.
That's exactly what I was getting at Kyle. I don't mind it being outdoors, but I wish they would have built it more like the outlet malls with covered walkways and those mist fans. And it would be nice to go to all the stores without having to leave the shopping areas, it's just to hot to be walking across hot pavement. On top of that it's so busy that sometimes it doesn't make sense to re-park your car. During the cooler months though it much better and you can get alot of shopping done in one place. I like the Christmas parade they have there also.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,049,556 times
If they had to go outdoor, which for some reason is the new fad, they should have made it like St. John's Town Center in Jacksonville...built for pedestrians. That is the nicest outdoor mall I have ever seen. At the end of the day though, it's too hot here for outdoor malls!! I just don't get it. I guess rents are lower since they don't have to share the cost of A/Cing the common space?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM

Well non AC works in the tourists corridor because those tourists just love the heat. I don't know what other explanation there is for there Lobster complexions.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,027 times
I live a couple miles from there and shop there quite often. I'm not a fan going there on weekends at all. It get so busy that the whole experience becomes a pain in the arsh. I do like having so many different places near home though.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,683,156 times
I also live right by it. I'm usually there mulitiple times a week. It's very convenient. At normal malls you have to park and walk through a whole mall to just to get something from one store. I like how in Waterford if you just need to hit one store you can drive right up to it and get in and out fast. Where else can you park 5 feet away from the front door of a Buckle or Victoria Seacret? Of course the best time to go is during the week. Its a mad house on weekends, the week before school starts and the holidays. I do like all the events they have though. a weekly farmers market and an endless list of big community events. Including a month long Christmas fair with ice skating, taste of Orlando festival, wing break, to name a few. The IMAX movie theater is also nice (avoid fri and sat nights, it's a middle school hangout).

Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,683,156 times
Oh and construction has picked up again on the new plaza across the street. There was a thread for it somewhere. It's been sitting unfinished for almost a year now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando