Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 03:13 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times

Advertisements

i couldnt believe it. in my neck of the woods? it really wasnt a big deal, but someone (young male) was riding this guy's butt, and the guy in front slammed on the brakes. the kid behind him had to as well. the guy in front got out, and began yelling and gesturing, pointing his finger close to the guy's face. the kid was younger, probably 18 or so, and had a michigan plate. at first, i thought the man who stopped b/c he was being followed so close was an a#$hole, but really, he may have just got tired of it. it's like 25 mph back here, and who knows, maybe there was a baby in the backseat. who knows? even if someone is riding your butt, it still isnt an excuse to get out of your car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i couldnt believe it. in my neck of the woods? it really wasnt a big deal, but someone (young male) was riding this guy's butt, and the guy in front slammed on the brakes. the kid behind him had to as well. the guy in front got out, and began yelling and gesturing, pointing his finger close to the guy's face. the kid was younger, probably 18 or so, and had a michigan plate. at first, i thought the man who stopped b/c he was being followed so close was an a#$hole, but really, he may have just got tired of it. it's like 25 mph back here, and who knows, maybe there was a baby in the backseat. who knows? even if someone is riding your butt, it still isnt an excuse to get out of your car.

i know lots of people feel a sense of fear when seeing someone get out of the car, but 98-99% of the time there is no police or anyone else to make the person in the back car stop tailgating so therefore we are on our own out there and someone has to teach some of these tailgaters to start driving normal and give them something to think about next time they think of getting on the azz of another car....there is no absolute logical reason to be that close to the person in front of you if they are going the speed limit or a little above it...i have gotten out a couple times because i was run of the road by a tailgater once and got hit-n-run another time and i still have damage to my car that no one is going to fix and i could have been seriously hurt in the first inncedent....so when i see someone even getting near the back end of my car being aggresive it just sets something off in me and i dont even care about a gun or anything in that stage....i just get enraged at the stupidity of the guy tailgating me when im already over the speed limit and also mad because he sees the damage to the back end of my car but yet he doesnt care enough to stop and think that there could be a kid in my car or that i could have to pay even more money to fix more things out of my own pocket...

Old 08-16-2007, 08:32 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,388 times
I know too many people that are licensed to carry guns in their cars in this area.....I'd never get out of my car.
Though I admit, I get a little road rage around here with drivers the way they are. Now that UCF is back in sessions in the next week, I'm super attentive.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:01 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,769 times
oh, no kidding. ucf area is bad to drive in. i have a gun, but dont keep it in my car. not in orlando. not a good idea b/c i got pissed of daily.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:23 PM

88 posts, read 264,760 times
Default Love that honesty about the traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
oh, no kidding. ucf area is bad to drive in. i have a gun, but dont keep it in my car. not in orlando. not a good idea b/c i got pissed of daily.
I am very laid back but find that within 20 seconds of leaving my neighborhood there is some car stuck to my rearend. I've found that flipping up my rearview mirror works for me. Zen, practice zen. I'm leaving here shortly so that helps to calm me down too.
We've noticed in the last 5 months that there are more cars zooming by our area than ever before. Late at night the racing begins.
I was packing up clothes the other day and got to the "Good Will" box and realized how much I despise this place at that point. I decided NOT to give away my beautiful Land's End jacket nor my Timberland boots to Orlando. This place isn't worthy. Some of you will get this. Sigh, moonbeam

Old 09-05-2007, 11:36 AM

85 posts, read 365,707 times
i am a VCC student and I go to school at 7pm. traffic is ridiculous. parking is horendous. i hate my life lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: