U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 AM

237 posts, read 636,776 times

Advertisements

We live in the courtyards at Solivita and have been very satisified with living here. Avatar does a good job through Pro-Scape to keep the grounds looking nice. We don't golf. There are many clubs for people to have contact with others. We enjoy the pools. Sam's is available nearby on Vine Street, we also shop at Publix and Wal*Mart. As for speaking Spanish, I've found the most useful words are Por Favor (please) and Gracias (thank you).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 7,392 times
Default solivita

solivita is just an "OK" community

Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 PM

167 posts, read 902,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbolson View Post
solivita is just an "OK" community
I beg to differ with you. Solivita is an exceptional community with 2 golf courses, 2 club houses, 3 restaurants and activities that go on 24/7. Once you enter the gates, you say "this is paradise". The only way one will concede to this, is to physically explore the grounds.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 PM

4 posts, read 21,917 times
Default Victoria Gardens / Active Adult Community in DeLand

Have you ever visited Victoria Gardens in DeLand. I am considering moving there. Of all of the active adult communites, this community has impressed me the moste. Their location is wonderful and they build green homes that can save me a lot of money on my electric bill.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:49 AM

8,233 posts, read 11,267,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpleon View Post
Plain and Simple... If you're looking for a retirement community, by far Solivita is your best choice. It offers far more than any other retirement community. Well-maintained, safe community. Let me know if you need more information about it.
While it is nice, I would say the Villages on the North side would also warrant a look. They arent in Poinciana.. and have a wealth of activities. and golf like you have never seen. The second car is a golf cart there.... really its weird.
The one person is correct about how much is for sale in Solivita and te prices are really low. great to buy, not so great to sell in. If you do Solivita make sure you get a good value in what you buy otherwise you may be stuck with it for a long time.
I think the Villages moves homes a little easier.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 AM

800 posts, read 2,810,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODTOGO View Post
I beg to differ with you. Solivita is an exceptional community with 2 golf courses, 2 club houses, 3 restaurants and activities that go on 24/7. Once you enter the gates, you say "this is paradise". The only way one will concede to this, is to physically explore the grounds.

I agree that Solivita is lovely. However, with no hospital nearby and traffic exiting Poinciana, that could be a major concern.

As for the Villages, it's great, lots of shops, activities, etc. But it's big and crowded. And the long term plans include their own police and fire departments and that will be expensive.

Summerglen in Ocala has all the amenities of Solivita and is less expensive. It's in a growing area.

All three communities are distinctive. Go visit, spend time talking t people that live there, explore the areas. Check out other communities too. Then decide what suits your budget and lifestyle best. (However, communities must register to be in the directory so not all active adult communities are listed.)

Here is a link to a 55+ directory provided by the State of Florida. Housing Directory - Florida Commission on Human Relations. It's organized by County.

Good luck with your search!

Last edited by Dee2e; 11-22-2008 at 05:38 AM..

Old 11-28-2008, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 7,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajancw View Post
What is the racial composition of Solivita? I am of African origin and planning to buy a home there. I'd like an honest answer.
If you have move in already you may have learned that there is an Africian American Heritage Club in soliviata along with other great clubs and groups. I'm an owner, at Solivita and enjoy the great diverse community. when people ask me about Solivita, I tell them " It's like a Cruise Ship on Land" so much to do, there is soemthing you can enjoy almost every hour of the day and the surrounding areas have so much to offer.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,565,311 times
You might want to also consider Kings Ridge in Clermont. It's fully built out and overall consensus is that it's a great place to live. There are a huge number of activities, South Lake Hospital, a public library, Wal-Mart, and a variety of places of worship are 2-5 easy miles away, doctors, dentists, grocery, pharmacy, fire station and a variety of retail and restaurants within a half mile--many are accesible via golf cart, no need to go onto public roads.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 16,074 times
Default Solivita

WE LOVE OUR SOLIVITA HOME! Have you noticed that NO ONE who owns a home in Solivita has anything but praise for the community? It's gorgeous. You have to go there to understand why it's so wonderful. If possible, spend the night, walk around inside the community, enjoy the wildlife, play a round of golf, have coffee at the coffee shop, lunch at the club, or dinner at the town restaurant. The community is safe and happy. The makeup of the residents is a younger, more active crowd. There are margarita parties and movie nights and dancing. To see photos I took on a couple of walks, type this into your browser:

www .thishouseforlease.com/photos_of_solivita_nature .htm

Old 03-28-2009, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,796 times
the surrounding area is like a 3rd world latin country..... language, culture, stores, shopping, driving, schools, etc....95% hispanic. Not that there's anything wrong with that....if you're ok with that, solivita is a good value, especially at the lower prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando