Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Winn Dixie better than Publix? Where are you?
Probably in one of the locations where Winn Dixie has remodeled into one of it's new concept stores, which are a tad nicer than Publix in my opinion. For those familiar with Wegman's there's a similarity with the new Winn Dixie stores. Winn Dixie Opens Eighth Transformational Remodel | Winn-Dixie Stores content from Supermarket News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Probably in one of the locations where Winn Dixie has remodeled into one of it's new concept stores, which are a tad nicer than Publix in my opinion. For those familiar with Wegman's there's a similarity with the new Winn Dixie stores. Winn Dixie Opens Eighth Transformational Remodel | Winn-Dixie Stores content from Supermarket News
Not here in Palm Bay. LOL They remodeled the front section of the store , then boom when you get back to the meat section , you walk into the old floor, the old shelves and meat cases, and the old food that is past the date to sell in a lot of cases. I tried going there when they first remodeled because of the gas program they had and it just got worse as time went by. Rarely go there now even though they are right on the way home from work.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Not here in Palm Bay. LOL They remodeled the front section of the store , then boom when you get back to the meat section , you walk into the old floor, the old shelves and meat cases, and the old food that is past the date to sell in a lot of cases. I tried going there when they first remodeled because of the gas program they had and it just got worse as time went by. Rarely go there now even though they are right on the way home from work.
They need to work on the one on US192. Screams ghetto before you even walk in

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Have you been in any newer or remodeled Publix stores? They've done a good job with them, and I can't imagine Winn-Dixie would be better if they were even equal.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM

457 posts, read 627,217 times
I don't think (and didn't say) that Winn Dixie is better. They're pretty much the same. When I first moved in, I first went to Publix. The cake from their bakery sucks, so I thought I'd try the Winn Dixie cake (which also sucked) and went there. Neither store carries everything I buy (sadly), so I went to both frequently.

Then I found myself, more and more often, choosing Winn Dixie over Publix. I don't know why, exactly. I honestly don't. I just prefer the Winn Dixie, as far as those two stores go.

I don't love Wal-Mart, but nobody else carries the yellow-capped Downy or the Brach's gummies.

I have to say that I am wildly disappointed in grocery store cakes at all three places. Also, the stores need better selections. IMO. I'm tired of having to go to two or three places to shop.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Wow, the cakes from the Winter Garden and Clermont Publix stores are delicious!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM

457 posts, read 627,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Wow, the cakes from the Winter Garden and Clermont Publix stores are delicious!
I guess it's a matter of opinion, lol. I'm not a fan of Publix or Winn Dixie for cakes.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Quote:
Have you been in any newer or remodeled Publix stores? They've done a good job with them, and I can't imagine Winn-Dixie would be better if they were even equal.
They remodeled some stores? Hmm I've always liked the way most of them looked.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Here's a glimpse of their new prototype stores. Apparently after the dust settles with their merger with Bi-Lo they'll continue with the remodels around the state. The store on 434 in Longwood is the closest I know of. Winn-Dixie's Awakening - Cover Story - Supermarket Chain |Grocery Chain | Grocery Store Chain | Supermarket News

Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Winn Dixie better than Publix? Where are you?
Uhh the new remodeled ones are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando