Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 PM

16 posts, read 26,117 times

Advertisements

I'm still pretty new in town and its so hard to find an honest, reliable auto service. Any recommendations? I reside in Casselberry but travel to Orlando daily for work, so I'm pretty open on location, more so for stellar reviews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 PM

129 posts, read 246,449 times
Might be a bit far out for you, but "Dairon Auto Master Corp." in Kissimmee is awesome. We are also relatively new and was honestly blown away by how the guy tried giving us tips to fix it ourselves or offered a great price on fixing (then did an excellent job) without feeling you were getting reamed.

Plus, I'd always rather help a "independent" than a big chain

Old 09-08-2011, 04:27 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
I'd recommend Action Gator Tire. They've been around a long time and have two locations in Casselberry. They carry a wide selection of tires and have never felt ripped off there. They work pretty quickly too which is a refreshing change in case you're planning to wait on the car versus come back later. Check out the coupons on their website also.

ACTION GATOR TIRE COMPANY : Home

Old 09-08-2011, 04:28 AM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
Plus, I'd always rather help a "independent" than a big chain
Excellent advise!!!

That being said, there is one large chain I have a good bit of faith in, and that is Costco. I don't know if they do brakes, but I know when I got tires from them last time I felt like I had gotten the best treatment and value for my money. They also have (or had) free rotation for life and other free programs to keep your tires going and in warranty.

Speaking of "chains" I would NOT recommend a chain that rhymes with "must rakes". I took my car in because the brakes had been squealing from day one when I got it used. When they pulled them out, they noted the shims were missing. Instead of recommending new pads and grinding the rotors* they insisted on over $450 in work be done. I got them down to $270, but I felt like I had been taken advantage of by a company that advertises under $100 lifetime brakes.

*In my experience you can't just order shims for the brakes, so it would have been ok if replacing the pads was the only solution.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Don't go to the king's tire dome either, because they will hound you about buying an alignment package before you even tell them what you came in to do. Some of their specials like buy 2 get 2 free require premium installation and an alignment package with it.

Oh. But I just read that you won't be going to a chain, so okay...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
I like M&S Auto. They're located off of S.Orange Ave a few miles south of downtown. The owner is very knowledgeable about most cars and is pleasant.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
I don't know if it's the same deal in Orlando, but Kaufman's does a good job on tires. They even repair flats for free... Even if the tire wasn't bought there. Saved my ass a couple of times when I was 18.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 AM

16 posts, read 26,117 times
thanks for all the tips! My truck actually broke down last week and I got a quick referral from a coworker. (unfortunately they don't do tires!) but I highly recommend Poole's Garage off Bumby and Curry Ford for auto repairs! Now, off to find some new tires.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando