U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,442,887 times

Advertisements

Just want to know if there are a few more areas of Orlando that ishould know about....Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,574,717 times
I live in NW Orlando out near Apopka and Ocoee. I think the closest ghetto area to me is around Silver Star and Hiawassee...which is about 2 miles down the road. That said...we rarely have any problems in my neighborhood and I really like it here.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 AM
ARC

181 posts, read 569,345 times
I live in Hunter's Creek and am close to Ghetto woods (Meadow woods) Kissimmee, and OBT, all undesirable areas, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Just want to know if there are a few more areas of Orlando that ishould know about....Thank You

Old 08-18-2007, 10:40 AM

1,052 posts, read 2,779,508 times
I live in East Orlando Waterford Lakes Area. I'd say the closest "ghetto" area would be just south of UCF where all the roads are named after scientists. Really not that bad. But the concentration of students in the area seem to bring higher levels of theft.

There are also a few neighborhoods I don't feel 100% in, just off hwy 50 just east and just west of alafaya.

All in all the area's aren't that bad, and I've never had a problem where I currently live

Old 08-18-2007, 11:02 AM

47 posts, read 238,752 times
is there any area that is safe that does NOT have a ghetto(s) around the corner?????????????

Old 08-18-2007, 06:26 PM

33 posts, read 59,628 times
Orange Blossom Trail is ghetto... it trickles into downtown orlando too.

I live outside of Orlando in Oviedo--- I'm actually at the corner of Oviedo, Winter Springs and Winter Park. Winter Springs is a nice town.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 AM

239 posts, read 554,335 times
I think I can make a template that will serve almost everyone who lives in the Greater Orlando area:

I live in _______________ and the sketchy area is within 3 miles of at least 2 directions from my home.

I'll bet this statement would fit 99% of everyone within 30 miles of downtown!

Last edited by Stupid Flanders; 08-20-2007 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Sp

Old 08-20-2007, 10:33 AM

2,227 posts, read 5,878,829 times
i too live in the waterford lakes area, and right off of 50 a couple miles down the road is a little sketchy to me. it is also just ugly. if you got 50 all the way down towards waterford lakes, the stretch right off 50 is not easy on the eyes if you get my drift.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:07 AM

89 posts, read 256,674 times
I live in west-O near Ocoee. closest ghetto/sketchy area is definitely Pine Hills and the Silver Star/Hiawassee area...but it doesn't bother me too much because I never have to go to that area of town anyways. It's all a good number of blocks from where I live and I feel completely safe in my neighborhood. I like the people I live near in my apartment complex and I love my location near almost everything I could ask for.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:00 PM

25 posts, read 57,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessizadorable View Post
I live in west-O near Ocoee. closest ghetto/sketchy area is definitely Pine Hills and the Silver Star/Hiawassee area...but it doesn't bother me too much because I never have to go to that area of town anyways. It's all a good number of blocks from where I live and I feel completely safe in my neighborhood. I like the people I live near in my apartment complex and I love my location near almost everything I could ask for.
I live in the same area and I have the same perception. I rarely go to Pine Hills or the Silver Star area.

Quote:
is there any area that is safe that does NOT have a ghetto(s) around the corner?????????????
Well sure..Dr. Phillips, South Winter Garden, Oakland, Windermere and most of Metrowest has a nice little pocket that does NOT have a ghetto around the corner. And then there's Winter Park, Baldwin Park, Maitland that has plenty of neighborhoods that don't have the ghetto around the corner.

And then there's Lake Mary, Heathrow and North Apopka/Sweetwater/Lake Brantley area.

Seriously it's not like you are thinking. I have to drive through certain areas for quite some time before I hit areas that are unsafe. Take for example Winter Park...you can drive around Old Winter Park for almost 15 minutes in a few different directions. Then there's Tuscawilla/Oviedo....plus plenty of self contained communites like Horizon's west/Summerport and Keene's Point and other gated communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando