Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 09:48 PM

20 posts, read 23,232 times

Advertisements

I have been searching for months for an apartment in Orlando. Me and my finace are both students going to UCF in January. We are moving to Orlando in early December but we cannot find a single decent apartment that is $750 or lower that has a nice floor plan in a safe neighborhood with no roaches or crappy management. Why does ever single apartment on apartment ratings have a crappy review? Is there not one decent priced, decent place in Orlando??? I need help! Please, if you are happy where you are and the rent is less than $750 and you don't have roaches, tell me the name of your apartment and the website. Please do not respond unless you have a name of a place worth looking at. P. S. We are open to other options, not just apartments, but we will not share our living space with anyone. My kitchen is my kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 AM

27,188 posts, read 43,886,661 times
For starters I would place little credibility on apartment ratings sites. They're typically a bitchfest for those who get evicted or have issues with property management. Very few rental tenants take the time to write a positive review. Also, most legitimate large property management firms won't allow bug infestations or poor management to thrive for very long. Apartment rental communities are a business, and the larger professional firms don't want to risk their reputation. That said, it's going to be difficult to find one of those in your price range in the Orlando market. The Chatham Pines apartments in Winter Springs are a good option. Prices there start at around $750 for a one bedroom which would obviously fit your budget and lessen the worry for riff-raff as most apartments there are priced around $850-$950 per month. You might also consider renting a condo, many fall in your price range and you won't have as many worries as a rental community. Just be very sure (ask for proof) that the condo owner is current with their monthly maintenance fee as renters are now responsible for it if the owner defaults.
Good luck!

Property Management :: Bridge Real Estate Group

Old 09-20-2011, 07:01 AM

81 posts, read 154,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rissak234 View Post
I have been searching for months for an apartment in Orlando. Me and my finace are both students going to UCF in January. We are moving to Orlando in early December but we cannot find a single decent apartment that is $750 or lower that has a nice floor plan in a safe neighborhood with no roaches or crappy management. Why does ever single apartment on apartment ratings have a crappy review? Is there not one decent priced, decent place in Orlando??? I need help! Please, if you are happy where you are and the rent is less than $750 and you don't have roaches, tell me the name of your apartment and the website. Please do not respond unless you have a name of a place worth looking at. P. S. We are open to other options, not just apartments, but we will not share our living space with anyone. My kitchen is my kitchen.
i was looking at apartment reviews and noticed almost all bad, too. i decided i'd rather try to rent a house. you can go to rentalhomesplus.com and find a few and the rent is around or less sometimes than these apartments. there are problems at apts because of all the different people around, and maintenance lacks due to the demand. at least in a house you don't have noises above, below, etc and nuisance tenants that create problems for the good ones. after looking into the apartments, they seem to be a lot more trouble than they are worth. not enough privacy. too many issues.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 AM

I agree with you about the apartments not being worth it. I think I will just stick with searching for a house or a condo. Maybe I'll hit up the bulletin boards at the campus when I go in October to see if anything will be available in December. I will definitely look at that website too.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissak234 View Post
I see that you work at that apartment Chatham Pines. I looked at it and it looks nice, but I would like more information about it. Firstly, the Bayberry is listed at $725 on the forrent website. What utilities does this include? How are the visitation and parking policies (how long can visitors stay and what is the parking situation for renters)? Is there a washer and dryer in the Bayberry unit? If not do you rent them out? How can I find out if there will be an apartment available on the day I need it? What is the exact square footage of the kitchen? I love to cook. Also, can you tell me about the deposit, administrative, and application fees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: