U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:39 AM

2,227 posts, read 7,836,996 times

Advertisements

i know i have posted a few road rage incidents and such on this forum, and this particular thing i saw i just couldnt pass up. i have to share it with you all. this way a fews days ago...

pretend you are stopped at a red light. there are 2 lanes side by side, and about 15 cars deep in each lane. before the light turns green and both lanes can proceed to the next traffic light, you notice something.

as you are stopped at the light, you notice a big landscaping truck 2 spots in front of you left about 10 or 15 feet in between him and the car in front of him. is it enough space for another car to fit in? maybe. but who would try to fit in there when the light is about to turn green and everyone is already in their spots? well, lo and behold, the car in front of me couldnt stand that there was a space that big in between the landscape truck and the car in front of him, so he came out of our lane to pass the landscapers truck so that he can fill that space. yes, that's right folks!!! he pulled out of the lane, just so he could get right back in the same lane, just to fill that open spot that was a tight squeeze!!! he moved one car link ahead of where he was at. how much time did this really save him?!?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 PM

orlando is comparable to s fla --- believe me.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 PM

170 posts, read 719,652 times
yes i too have seen people go though stupid manouvers to get one car length ahead.
in the case you mentioned, he could have been looking to make a turn a short distance ahead

Old 08-23-2007, 03:26 PM

rich renter, he stayed straight, and didnt turn off. besides he stayed in the SAME lane, he just got one car ahead of where he was. his whole theory behind this, is that he just couldnt stand it that there was a spot that he could fit into---even though it was only one car length ahead of where he was initially.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 10,579 times
Kind of reminds me of "Office Space" lol

Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 PM

1,572 posts, read 3,855,177 times
I've seen that myself, people will cut you off at the last minute in a light. Maybe they change their mind, maybe they just are trying to get ahead, I don't know. But it is annoying, especially if you are riding a motorcycle, you are slowing down on a red light that is about to go green and not sure if Paco in his POS Civic/Nissan is going to try and cut you off just to get ahead one car length.

I used to be an open-minded person. Now I'm a borderline racist. Frankly if I never saw another brown person again I would be a very happy person. Thank you Florida.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM

i know exactly what you mean, as i've said this to myself before. i didnt used to be like this, but orlando, without a doubt, has changed me. i look at most puerto-ricans differently now, as i've had such bad luck and then i see things going on in the news... i am now borderline racist, and i dont want to be ... it sucks.

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-28-2007 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: orphaned post

Old 08-28-2007, 02:31 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,573,960 times
When I heard FL does not require a Driver's Ed class...or at least didn't...I couldn't believe it. What the hell were the government big wigs thinking when they did that! I think that's a BIG reason for all the young drivers getting into trouble. They have NO practical driving experience.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 PM

47 posts, read 300,338 times
noone in florida knows how to drive. everyone lives in a bubble, drivers think they are the only ones on the road. they never let you in the lane even if you have your blinker on , even if there is more then enough room, they will purposely speed up to 80mph after traveling 30 mph just so you don't get in front of them or go in their lane. WTF???
They need to find Oz and ask for a brain.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 PM

nyc8, i believe you know what's coming doint ya??? where do most ppl that drive like this come from??? native floridians are not aggressive drivers, it's the newbies. sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: