Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 AM

4 posts, read 5,915 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,
We are a family from Italy that is going to come to Orlando on vacation with a 3 years old child. It has been 15 years that we travel in Usa and we think it's the most beautiful country in the world but now we are a bit concerned about safety.
I am searching for info about Orlando safety because I read on this site many discussions on high crime rate in Orlando and now as also other European tourists we begin to have fear.
1. Is the area of ritz Carlton Grande Lakes safe?
2. Is the Mall at Millenia safe and also there are some roads to avoid to get there?
3. Is safe for us driving to the parks everyday from the Ritz ?
Anyway any advise on the city safety is welcome.
Sorry for my english and thanks to all that wil have the patience to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 09:27 AM

7 posts, read 13,057 times
These areas that you mentioned are all very safe as is Orlando in general. I-4 is the road you would drive to and from the parks and is at least 3 lanes each way and the average speed limit is at least 55 mph. If the parks are you main reason for visiting, I would suggest you stay nearer to Disney, either at one of their resorts or somewhere in the Lake Buena Vista area. Extremely safe, and hotels that are just as nice as the Ritz, without the 45 minute drive.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Thank you very much for your answer. I chose the Ritz to have some relax from Disney parks and we are also interested in Sea world, but you said 45 minutes roundtrip to go to WDW resort or 45 minutes to go and 45 to come back?
Thanks again

Old 11-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Why is there only one person that has answered? May be because I am not American?
I know I am not a resident but I think tourists are an important part of Orlando. A great part of Orlando business depends on tourism. So anyone can explain a such silence?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Bushrod already answered most of your questions and you posted on a bad day. The board is not very active on weekends. The only thing I would add is that if you go to Millenia Mall stay directly in the mall area. Do not stray our you could end up in some bad neighborhoods. Use I4 to get directly to Millenia mall.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Thank you very much Crane's Rooster.
I am happy to read an answer from someone. I am sorry for the last post but
I am going to live in Usa next year and You can understand that as a non American family we were a little bit frightened of such difficult to enter in contact with local people.
Thanks again

Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
As Crane's Rooster answered Sundays are a very slow day....you also didn't give really that much time between posts for anyone to answer.
I hope you bring more patience with you on your vacation.

That being said, you original question has been answered but you also might want to check out Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor for a more active discussion for tourist related questions.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:57 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
Enjoy your trip. No one would not respond to you because you are from another country. Don't worry. Americans are usually friendly and you will do fine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando