U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:48 PM

292 posts, read 349,378 times
Default Brighthouse and Centurylink problems

Is anyone else having problems with Brighthouse other than random rebooting? We've been having problems for a couple months with the HD channels not always being available and the "data not available" (which requires a reboot) message. "Info" on the remote doesn't work more than it works.

We are also having problems with CenturyLink. They upped our dsl signal back in September which was supposed to make things better and faster. Not! Seems there is a dns problem. Lots of pages I go to (like facebook) either take forever to display or time out with a server not found error.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with both these services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 08:04 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,140,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzza View Post
Is anyone else having problems with Brighthouse other than random rebooting? We've been having problems for a couple months with the HD channels not always being available and the "data not available" (which requires a reboot) message. "Info" on the remote doesn't work more than it works.

We are also having problems with CenturyLink. They upped our dsl signal back in September which was supposed to make things better and faster. Not! Seems there is a dns problem. Lots of pages I go to (like facebook) either take forever to display or time out with a server not found error.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with both these services.

IDK what Century Link is, but bright house yes. My suggestion, take your equipment back and switch it. We had that same issue!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:39 PM

7,823 posts, read 6,489,535 times
I'd suggest switching to UVerse with AT&T

Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 PM

254 posts, read 472,285 times
I've been having problems with Brighthouse too since we moved here back in August. Seems like I have to call them atleast once a month due to internet outage. Getting tired of it and thinking of going back to DirectTv, w/c is what we had back in NoVa! Don't know if we have ATT U-verse here,,zip is 32828.

Last edited by nixau27; 11-13-2011 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the help.. I just realized they left a newer modem over here last time they were out, which is still in the box! I forgot all about that! Going to swap it out with the older one tomorrow and hope that solves it. CenturyLink is our landline and DSL provider out here in 32750. I don't know what's up with Brighthouse but I'll be glad when the phone company gets their fiber optic service out here.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 AM

11,449 posts, read 10,625,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixau27 View Post
I've been having problems with Brighthouse too since we moved here back in August. Seems like I have to call them atleast once a month due to internet outage. Getting tired of it and thinking of going back to DirectTv, w/c is what we had back in NoVa! Don't know if we have ATT U-verse here,,zip is 32828.
I have recommended DirectTV until I'm blue in the face but still listen to my neighbors complaining about Brighthouse and At&T. I'm like okay, have fun with that! I've had zero issues with DirectTV after many with both of the major cable providers.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:03 PM

9 posts, read 17,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I have recommended DirectTV until I'm blue in the face but still listen to my neighbors complaining about Brighthouse and At&T. I'm like okay, have fun with that! I've had zero issues with DirectTV after many with both of the major cable providers.
Who do you use for Internet?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 PM

Update: I got the new modem hooked up and that _seems_ to have improved the dns issues.

As for Brighthouse, a few weeks I happened to be listening to the Phillips Phile on 104.1 and Jim said he noticed that lately it was taking a long time to change the channels with Brighthouse and the HD channels weren't available even if he was just there. I then called Brighthouse and they came on out - said there were a lot of problems in the Longwood area (aha). He swapped out the box we had with another one. Things are a little better now… no more phantom rebooting, but it still takes a long time to go from one channel to another and the HD channels aren't always available.

As for DirectTV I thought about that too but hear it gets pretty expensive (we had Cox in NoVA - too many trees for satellite). I'm still holding out for CenturyLink's fiber optic service to get out to this neighborhood. It will cost about the same as it does now and I'm hearing good things about it, if only it would get here.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,630,432 times
brighthouse is always going out in my neighborhood. repair trucks everywhere

I switched to Direct TV and liked it but it got too costly. Switched to UVERSE and like it.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 PM

988 posts, read 739,681 times
+1 for DirecTV and Century Link - no probs with either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando