Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 11,610 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy a home in the next 6 -8 months and are interested in buying a short sale in the Windermere area. Can anyone recommend a realtor? We want someone who isn't going to be pushy, and will listen to our wishlist. I am looking for the perfect house of course, and my husband is looking for the "deal". We are currently renting so we are in a lease until next July but we know that short sales/foreclosures can take some time so we want to get started.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 07:42 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
Greg Traub. He is a regular on this forum and has a very good understanding of the orlando market. He is not pushy and very patient. You just search his name and send him a direct message to get connected with him. He helped us a lot.

One thing surprised us is that there are not many houses on the market in our price range (Lake Nona, under $200K). Whatever on the market with relative good conditions went under contracts very fast. So be prepared.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:27 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Ling Ling, you are right that short sales do contract very fast. Lake Nona Has very few homes under $200k ... 9 as of 11/13/11. Windermere has even fewer in that price range ( only 5)

A lot depends on the neighborhoods liked, if one wants a gated area, and the size of home. There are some great deals and one should look at whats avaialble instead of limiting only to a short sale. often a better deal can be had in from either a conventional sale or a bank owned.

There are many caveates to short sales. Some of us have had great luck with them.

All the best,
Ken A

Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Greg Traub. He is a regular on this forum and has a very good understanding of the orlando market. He is not pushy and very patient. You just search his name and send him a direct message to get connected with him. He helped us a lot.

One thing surprised us is that there are not many houses on the market in our price range (Lake Nona, under $200K). Whatever on the market with relative good conditions went under contracts very fast. So be prepared.
Thank you for the recommendation! I would be happy to help, I will message you my contact information.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM

45 posts, read 112,670 times
I bought my shortsale with the assistance of Greg Traub. I recommend his services. He got us into Heathrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando