Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times

Advertisements

And Maybe I'm tripping, but there should be a rail line, or a rapid transit line whether (BRT Bus or train service) from Orlando to the beach. Whether it's from Downtown Orlando to the east becahse or international drive to the east becahes. A Lot fo these tourist would love to go to the beach but not drive as Central Florida is too big. greyhound and Amtrak don't always have the best prices or timing. I don't understand this damn city. How do you have Express 200 that goes to Deltona but nto Daytona? WTF is in Deltona? That has to be the dumbest bus route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
^^^ I agree. A route from the Disney area express across the Beachline to Cocoa Beach would be a nice perk though I suspect Disney (and the City of Orlando) wants to keep tourists here and away from the beach at all costs, so I don't see that ever happening.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
^^^ I agree. A route from the Disney area express across the Beachline to Cocoa Beach would be a nice perk though I suspect Disney (and the City of Orlando) wants to keep tourists here and away from the beach at all costs, so I don't see that ever happening.
Thats true. See and thats what makes growing and expanding so slow here. If they worked together to create an overall better experience for people, then this place could and would go far. Not just for tourism but for living.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:52 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
And Maybe I'm tripping, but there should be a rail line, or a rapid transit line whether (BRT Bus or train service) from Orlando to the beach. Whether it's from Downtown Orlando to the east becahse or international drive to the east becahes. A Lot fo these tourist would love to go to the beach but not drive as Central Florida is too big. greyhound and Amtrak don't always have the best prices or timing. I don't understand this damn city. How do you have Express 200 that goes to Deltona but nto Daytona? WTF is in Deltona? That has to be the dumbest bus route.

Will never happen. Orlando people love driving. It isn't worth the investment.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post

Yeah but things change so to say it will never happen in inaccurate. And Orlando people drive because there are not many transportation options.
Unless you go and take a poll from everyone who own a car or has a valid license and ask if they love driving an would never consider any other methods of transit that statement is invalid in my book.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:52 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I love driving and I'm not giving up my vehicle anytime soon but I will ride mass transit if it is more convenient than sitting in traffic. I would take a shuttle to the beach and back just avoid driving after a long day of drinking in the sun.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 PM

206 posts, read 414,992 times
LYNX buses don't venture into Volusia County (they have Votran) except for that express bus. The The Express Bus basically goes to the first natural stopping point beyond the county line.

I think it's fair to say Deltona is far enough from Orlando that people will drive to a commuter parking lot there and won't say "Well I've come this far, I might as well drive the rest of the way myself." This is why that bus does well allthewhile similar approaches in Maitland or east of downtown do not.

I think the beach makes sense, but mostly as a tourist thing - which, as mentioned, would not be something the industry in Orlando/Orange County would jump up to support. I think it would need to be funded by a tourist district in Volusia or Brevard County.

I don't think it will be until a sizable number of people are living totally car free that we'll see an need for these rather boutique services in our area. Sunrail riders might love the train schedule for their 9-5, but when you want to leave the beach, you just want to leave the beach. It's sort of the opposite of routine.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:43 PM

206 posts, read 414,992 times
On that note - if all goes well with Sunrail and Debary and Deland are jumping for joy at the results - I think it won't be long until East Volusia starts looking at an extension to Daytona.

Also keep an eye on the East Coast Rail Line from Miami to Jacksonville. Daytona (or something closer to Cocoa/Titusville) could be a pivotal junction for travelers to get to Orlando from the North or South. Right now you have to practically go through Lakeland to go from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando via Amtrak.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Steve View Post
On that note - if all goes well with Sunrail and Debary and Deland are jumping for joy at the results - I think it won't be long until East Volusia starts looking at an extension to Daytona.

Also keep an eye on the East Coast Rail Line from Miami to Jacksonville. Daytona (or something closer to Cocoa/Titusville) could be a pivotal junction for travelers to get to Orlando from the North or South. Right now you have to practically go through Lakeland to go from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando via Amtrak.

An Extension to Daytona? Why not Extend The Line Into Winter Heaven?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:31 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Orlando doesn't need a 24 hours bus system. Very few cities the size of Orlando have one, and those that do have a specific need because they are truly 24 hour cities (Las Vegas is one of the few.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando