Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,717 times

Advertisements

Relocating to Florida next month and I am currently in search of a good nursing school. Anyone know of any? When I search online, I get bumbarded with online schools....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 03:59 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytoflagirlm View Post
Relocating to Florida next month and I am currently in search of a good nursing school. Anyone know of any? When I search online, I get bumbarded with online schools....
Central Florida Institute

Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Another one is Keiser, which is also nationally accredited. Florida Nursing Schools - Degrees | Keiser University
A word of caution concerning the public universities like Valencia or UCF....they have far more interested students than what the programs can hold, so even if you fulfill all of your pre-requisite requirements and maintain a good GPA you're NOT guaranteed a seat in the practical education segment of the program. Thanks to state educational budget cuts the classes have gotten smaller and smaller, so it's highly likely you could wait 2 to 3 years before you get into a two-year program. Unfortunately trade/technical schools are the way to go. Unfortunate in that they're much more expensive (though they do have financial aid) and also in that many of your credits aren't transferrable to public universities for a BSN, though many of these trade/technical schools now have accelerated RN-to-BSN degrees should you want to go back. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Keiser is ridiculously expensive. Florida Hospital is a huge employer in the Central Florida area and they also have a college affiliated with them; Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences.

If you want junior colleges there is Valencia or Seminole State. All will get you to the same place it just depends on the waitlist at the state schools or the expense of private ones.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:37 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Keiser is ridiculously expensive. Florida Hospital is a huge employer in the Central Florida area and they also have a college affiliated with them; Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences.

If you want junior colleges there is Valencia or Seminole State. All will get you to the same place it just depends on the waitlist at the state schools or the expense of private ones.
Keiser is expensive, however inexpensive doesn't do much good if one has to wait a few years in order to get in. I think FHCHS is also on a waitlist and quite expensive as well.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:51 AM

640 posts, read 1,295,304 times
First of all skip x-ray tech very limited employment openings. Go with Nursing all the way way more job openings. The x-ray tech market is flooded.

In central florida all the nursing programs have a waitlist at valencia,seminole and FHCHS. Ucf program i'm not sure about. Keiser is like 20,000 a year FHCHS is like 6000 a year Seminole and valencia are about 3000-4000 a year and UCF is like state tutiton which is 5000 a year i think

Looking into the therapy programs OT and PT the waitlist are shorter and job opening are there here in florida lots of seniors....

X-ray poor Nursing good therapy good.

Look into Florida hospital college might be the best kept secret in the area they dont have the long wait list and the price is comparable to the Seminole and Valencia community colleges. www.fhchs.edu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: