U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Taylors, SC
8,416 posts, read 13,456,391 times
Reputation: 2568
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Haven't tried that yet but will on your recommendation!
FYI, it's inside the Marriott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2012, 08:15 PM
 
3,149 posts, read 3,645,514 times
Reputation: 1388
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
I just had my first pulled pork from Yellow Dog. It was good!

Cranes Rooster-What food at Bosphorous is making you want to go back?

Also, I think Goodfella's on Colonial & Alafaya is very good. Stromboli is excellent.
It's Turkish/Mediterranean cuisine. The bread they give you with the dips is addictive and the there's a mixed grill plate that is crack to carnivores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Winter Park, FL
1,834 posts, read 2,397,927 times
Reputation: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
that is my problem too. Decent food is down in the tourist area. or drive to Sanford for a German fix
I think the best food in Orlando is in Winter Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Taylors, SC
8,416 posts, read 13,456,391 times
Reputation: 2568
We love Patio Grill in Sanford. Although it's not so fancy, the food is delicious. We enjoy sitting on the patio outside while we have dinner. They also offer a decent selection on the menu. They have $9.99 dinner specials and a salad bar. They also have a delicious breakfast buffet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 03:13 PM
 
4,636 posts, read 3,778,442 times
Reputation: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I think the best food in Orlando is in Winter Park.
Agreed, although there are some decent offerings downtown in the eola/thornton park area, as well as some good ethnic food (Indian and japanese/sushi) in Dr Phillips and the I-drive tourist corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 PM
 
57 posts, read 70,839 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
It's Turkish/Mediterranean cuisine. The bread they give you with the dips is addictive and the there's a mixed grill plate that is crack to carnivores.
You have definitely got my interest on this one, Crane's Rooster. Just curious, but do they, perhaps, make traditional Turkish doenners there? And if not, does anyone know where I can get them in Orlando? Most of the Greek/Turkish places sell "gyro sandwiches", which, to me, are just not the same.

But I have to admit, even if they don't, I'm curious to try this place. It sounds awesome!

As for the OP of this thread... I wish I could answer your question, but I rarely eat out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
 
3,149 posts, read 3,645,514 times
Reputation: 1388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulchinmae View Post
You have definitely got my interest on this one, Crane's Rooster. Just curious, but do they, perhaps, make traditional Turkish doenners there? And if not, does anyone know where I can get them in Orlando? Most of the Greek/Turkish places sell "gyro sandwiches", which, to me, are just not the same.

But I have to admit, even if they don't, I'm curious to try this place. It sounds awesome!

As for the OP of this thread... I wish I could answer your question, but I rarely eat out.
When I went for dinner they didn't have anything resembling a gyro that I can recall. I think during lunch though they have something called a Pide (I think it's the Turkish Pita). Most of dinner is grilled hot entrees and hallow bread. Groupon occasionally has some good coupons so check it out before heading there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Status: "Go big, or go back to Kissimmee!!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Orlando Metro Area
3,151 posts, read 2,742,323 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
We love Patio Grill in Sanford. Although it's not so fancy, the food is delicious. We enjoy sitting on the patio outside while we have dinner. They also offer a decent selection on the menu. They have $9.99 dinner specials and a salad bar. They also have a delicious breakfast buffet.
I like the one in Longwood on 434. Cheap and delicious prime rib from a local chain, I can deal with that even though Patio Grill is not the quintessential good eats place in many people's minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM
 
388 posts, read 336,476 times
Reputation: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I think the best food in Orlando is in Winter Park.
I agree too. Luma and Prato are some of the best restaurants in Orlando. It's a shame that there aren't more places like Prato in Orlando. I can walk out of there stuffed after putting together a tasting menu with a nice bottle of wine for 2 for around $100. They make their own fresh pastas and everything is seasonal, local, and organic when possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Winter Park, FL
1,834 posts, read 2,397,927 times
Reputation: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
I agree too. Luma and Prato are some of the best restaurants in Orlando. It's a shame that there aren't more places like Prato in Orlando. I can walk out of there stuffed after putting together a tasting menu with a nice bottle of wine for 2 for around $100. They make their own fresh pastas and everything is seasonal, local, and organic when possible.
Those places are awesome. Brandon McGlamery was chef de cuisine at Bacchanalia in Atlanta, a 5-star restaurant. Thus, Luma and Prato are not just 'Orlando good'...they are major city good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top