U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,336,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I see you live in South Orlando? What part, just curious? Im off JYP and Whisper Lakes Blvd

Back in 2009, I used to drive to the east side of town once a week to visit my best friend and I took 417 from John Young all the way to Curry Ford Rd. Just set the cruise at 70 and just relax I had my epass too, it was $2.75 one way to his house, than another $.75 cents to Waterford Lakes Town Center via the 408, 75 cents back to his house, than another 2.75 to go home. So in total I spent $7 in just one night on tolls!

If my epass ever got low, I just followed John Young up to I-4 and picked up 408, only cost $1 at the Lake Underhill toll plaza

BTW, I got back into Orlando yesterday afternoon right around rush hour I exited the Florida Turnpike at W Colonial in Winter Garden and followed it all the way to I-4 in Downtown Orlando, jumped on I-4 and drove at 20-30 mph ALL THE WAY to the 528 exit. John Young Parkway was not much better

Eastbound I-4 was even worse, they said on the radio that it was backed up from the Disney exits ALL THE WAY to the 436 exit in Altamonte Springs. OMG that traffic is comparable to LA

Yes I stay in South Orlando. Americana area.
Saturday I went to Disney and I-4, 192, International, Central FLorida Parkway, Universal Bvld, were all BACKED up. Wait times at Disney were 95-115 minutes for some rides. We thought we chose a good day to go. Turns out President's day is much more serious in other places than here.

It was HORRIBLE though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 PM

5,441 posts, read 6,882,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Yes I stay in South Orlando. Americana area.
Saturday I went to Disney and I-4, 192, International, Central FLorida Parkway, Universal Bvld, were all BACKED up. Wait times at Disney were 95-115 minutes for some rides. We thought we chose a good day to go. Turns out President's day is much more serious in other places than here.

It was HORRIBLE though.
I noticed Orlando roads have been MUCH more congested than normal since Friday, I dont see why. I never considered President's Day a major holiday personally...but like you said, others its serious to them

Oh yeah, you mentioned living in Americana before. My parents used to live at the Universal Suites (which I hear is now a homeless shelter) before they got their place at the end of 2009

Do you know where John Young Pkwy and Whisper Lakes Blvd are? I live right around there

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM

2,303 posts, read 2,336,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I noticed Orlando roads have been MUCH more congested than normal since Friday, I dont see why. I never considered President's Day a major holiday personally...but like you said, others its serious to them

Oh yeah, you mentioned living in Americana before. My parents used to live at the Universal Suites (which I hear is now a homeless shelter) before they got their place at the end of 2009

Do you know where John Young Pkwy and Whisper Lakes Blvd are? I live right around there

Nope I know in Orange County we use to go to school on presidents day but they gave it off this year

Anyhow it never mattered to me.

I know where that is. And It's something different I know that. That place was a good place for people needing somewhere decent to crash.

Yes I stay in this area unfortunately, but we didnt look well enough, we had 2 weeks to move :/

I know where that is though I don't venture much past CFP.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM

5,441 posts, read 6,882,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Nope I know in Orange County we use to go to school on presidents day but they gave it off this year

Anyhow it never mattered to me.

I know where that is. And It's something different I know that. That place was a good place for people needing somewhere decent to crash.

Yes I stay in this area unfortunately, but we didnt look well enough, we had 2 weeks to move :/

I know where that is though I don't venture much past CFP.
Orange County students also went to school on Veterans Day

Universal Suites was a decent place to crash for some people. At the time for my parents it kept them from sleeping in their car (my mom and dad lost their jobs at the same time, in 2008, i was already living on my own) My dad was real good friends with the management, they also owned the restaurant next door called "the Presidential Diner" which had good food, but a shame it never took off, now its a Mexican restaurant I think? I have no reason to visit that area anymore, but thats what I heard

Americana actually reminds me of a neighborhood I lived in Las Vegas about 1.5 miles east of the strip. The neighborhood was called "Paradise" it was everything but.....though my 3rd floor apt did have an awesome view of the strip from the balcony, my cross streets were Twain Ave and Swenson Street

When you have a chance to move, you should take a look into Whisper Lakes, PepperMill, or Sky Lake South in the 32837 zip code. Its very quiet down here and a lot of the older homes (my development is mid 80s construction) are very affordable, my family pays $825 a month in rent for our townhouse

And I dont venture much past Sand Lake Rd if Im driving on John Young, if I am close to your area, Im usually shopping at or around the Millenia Mall and I'll take I-4 to get there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando