U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who is your favorite meteorologist/s?
Tony Mainolfi - from NBC WESH2 3 11.54%
Jason Brewer - from NBC WESH2 1 3.85%
Malachi Rodgers - From NBC WESH2 1 3.85%
Amy Sweezey - From NBC WESH2 2 7.69%
Tom Sorrells - from CBS WKMG-TV channel 6 6 23.08%
Troy Bridges - from CBS WKMG-TV channel 6 0 0%
Julie Broughton - from CBS WKMG-TV channel 6 0 0%
Elizabeth Hart - from CBS WKMG-TV channel 6 2 7.69%
Tom Terry - from ABC WFTV, channel 9 4 15.38%
Eboni Deon - from ABC WFTV, channel 9 1 3.85%
Kassandra Crimi - from ABC WFTV, channel 9 1 3.85%
Brian Monahan - from ABC WFTV, channel 9 0 0%
Brian Shields - from ABC WFTV, channel 9 0 0%
Glenn Richards - from WOFL, channel 35 2 7.69%
Jayme King - from WOFL, channel 35 0 0%
Rob Eicher - from WOFL, channel 35 0 0%
Liz Horton - from WOFL, channel 35 1 3.85%
Jeff Day - from CF New13 2 7.69%
Peter Caggiano - from CF New13 0 0%
Dave Cocchiarella - from CF New13 1 3.85%
Danny Treanor - from CF New13 10 38.46%
Ali Turiano - from CF New13 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 PM

69 posts, read 83,921 times

Advertisements

Hi all I thought it would be fun to do a poll as to who is your favorite weather person in Olrando and why did you chose that (or those) person/s as your favorite?
Please be kind!
Peace.
BTW If I forgot someone I am truly sorry.
I chose Tony Mainolfi and Danny Treanor, Danny has the best personality. Tony is very enthusiastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,396,598 times
Use to be Glen Richards when he was with Channel 9. I despise Tom Terry.
But I have to go with Jim Van Fleet because of his name lol.

And during Hurricanes and emergency storms. Danny Trainer. he's a classic lol.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 AM

12,379 posts, read 12,331,456 times
Danny Treanor is unique and definitely my favorite of the group though I usually watch the Weather Channel versus the local affiliates because I hate how they make you wait through the newscast for the extended forecast. I do realize CF News 13 doesn't but I don't have Brighthouse any longer.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,551,748 times
I like Tom Sorrells from WKMG.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 AM

69 posts, read 83,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Danny Treanor is unique and definitely my favorite of the group though I usually watch the Weather Channel versus the local affiliates because I hate how they make you wait through the newscast for the extended forecast. I do realize CF News 13 doesn't but I don't have Brighthouse any longer.
Yeah he really has creative unique way of doing the weather. Fun stuff!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 AM

3,247 posts, read 4,055,076 times
Danny Treanor is like the old uncle everyone turns to.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM

2,076 posts, read 2,642,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Use to be Glen Richards when he was with Channel 9. I despise Tom Terry.
But I have to go with Jim Van Fleet because of his name lol.

And during Hurricanes and emergency storms. Danny Trainer. he's a classic lol.
Jim Van Fleet for his music on weekends, but don't watch his news casts because of the rest of Fox News.

Danny has been here almost as long as me and he is pretty right on usually.....doesn't try to scare the old folks like some of the younger meteorologists.........some seem to be in the "just can't wait to blow up a storm into a hurricane mode 24/7.

Danny and Jim Van Fleet seem to be the ones I run into out and about at festivals etc. Both are very personable men and you just can't help but like them.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,674,528 times
Kassandra Crimi, OMG she is so beautiful! Can easily compete with the anchors in Dallas.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 AM

1,735 posts, read 924,952 times
Jim Van Fleet was my favorite just because he was so kooky and down to earth. He left town, took a Chief Meteorologist position on the west coast and I don't blame him, he was promoted to Chief Meteorologist then demoted when Glen Richards came aboard, there is way too much drama/turnover on Fox News Orlando...I imagine there is a lot of turmoil in this workplace. Jim Van Fleet said something to the effect that working at the station was a "roll coaster ride"

Danny Treanor just because he has been around so long (he did, from what I heard & could see) do the weather on WFTV back in the day a little tipsy. A source said he kept a small fridge in his dressing room stocked with beer. BTW Marla Weech is back! (News 13) I wonder how they get along? (She got a raw deal at WFTV)

Glen Richards seems like a nice guy...

Tom Sorrells He did a great job during the '04 hurricane season

I can't stand Tom Terry! He is a real jerk!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,396,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Jim Van Fleet for his music on weekends, but don't watch his news casts because of the rest of Fox News.

Danny has been here almost as long as me and he is pretty right on usually.....doesn't try to scare the old folks like some of the younger meteorologists.........some seem to be in the "just can't wait to blow up a storm into a hurricane mode 24/7.

Danny and Jim Van Fleet seem to be the ones I run into out and about at festivals etc. Both are very personable men and you just can't help but like them.
Danny and Jim are the best. I'm happy for Jim moving though, he deserved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Jim Van Fleet was my favorite just because he was so kooky and down to earth. He left town, took a Chief Meteorologist position on the west coast and I don't blame him, he was promoted to Chief Meteorologist then demoted when Glen Richards came aboard, there is way too much drama/turnover on Fox News Orlando...I imagine there is a lot of turmoil in this workplace. Jim Van Fleet said something to the effect that working at the station was a "roll coaster ride"

Danny Treanor just because he has been around so long (he did, from what I heard & could see) do the weather on WFTV back in the day a little tipsy. A source said he kept a small fridge in his dressing room stocked with beer. BTW Marla Weech is back! (News 13) I wonder how they get along? (She got a raw deal at WFTV)

Glen Richards seems like a nice guy...

Tom Sorrells He did a great job during the '04 hurricane season

I can't stand Tom Terry! He is a real jerk!
I believe him. I despise fox 35 for any NEWS! They are are full of shyt!
hahahah I heard the same about Danny! I know he use to sub at Chain of Lakes!

Tom terry on the other hand, I despise along with the rest of the new Channel 9 news crew. I love Bob Ophsal or whatever and Vanessa Echols. They are the Originals! Kept it real!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando