Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM

19 posts, read 47,329 times

Advertisements

I'll try to keep this as short as possible while still providing enough detailed information.

I am a male in my mid-20s moving from the Midwest. I am single, and only looking to rent. I work mostly from home so location near a job is not important. I want to live somewhere that is safe and has a lot of people my age in the area. I would like to be somewhat close to downtown just because I love basketball and will probably look at getting Magic season tickets starting next year.

As far as an apartment goes, I don't really want anything too fancy. I'd like to stay under 800/month for rent. I'm fine with a studio or 1 bedroom with a parking space. I also bike a lot, so an added bonus would be shopping areas close by and bike paths.

I've done some searching that seem to show I can stay under budget, but I really have no clue what areas are good and what are so-so. To give you some sort of idea, I've initially looked in Winter Park, Baldwin Park and Altamonte Springs. I figured the other side near Disney would be too crazy, but then again I could be totally wrong.

Please let me know any quality advice, and even message me if you recently went through a similar situation or seem to have similar interests. I could always use some new friends since I know all of about 3 people here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 04:21 PM

26,988 posts, read 43,547,091 times
Check out Douglaston Villas on Douglas Avenue in Altamonte Springs. Their one bedrooms rent for $750-$800 and is in a surprisingly quiet area given that it's just blocks from an entrance to the Seminole Wekiva Bike Trail, less than a couple of a minutes to either SR434 or SR 436 and one light from I-4. FYI in terms of social connections check out MeetUp.com where there are a lot of listings for singles social groups with all kinds of interests.

Douglaston Villas and Townhomes | Altamonte Springs, FL | Home
Social Networking Meetups near - Meetup
http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/park...semwekiva.aspx

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,040,423 times
You will want to check craigslist for a place downtown. If you only need studio size you can probably be downtown for $800 a month. If you can, that is definitely where you want to be. Search for Thornton Park, Eola Heights, and Downtown Orlando. Nothing beats driving around downtown looking for rentals though, since a lot of stuff is never listed online.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:38 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,912,300 times
SODO! It would be perfect for you, and rents are cheaper than downtown!

Old 02-18-2012, 02:28 PM

19 posts, read 47,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
SODO! It would be perfect for you, and rents are cheaper than downtown!
Going to have to be more specific than that. I have no idea what SODO is.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curveslidechange View Post
Going to have to be more specific than that. I have no idea what SODO is.
Google is your friend...

Sodo-Orlando.com | About Sodo

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 AM

335 posts, read 1,309,134 times
SODO units start at $995, a bit above his range. Altamonte, Longwood and Lake Mary have easy access to biking trails.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM

There are tons of apartments within a few blocks of there in his range.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:24 PM

89 posts, read 386,847 times
I lived at City View Orlando for 4 years and I loved every minute of it. Nice secure building, right across the street from the Amway, covered parking in a secure garage for no extra fee, rooftop pool, awesome management. Rent less than $800/month for a one bedroom place with large balcony. The only reason I left is because I started traveling for work and paying rent on a place I was never living in made no sense. Then I bought a house when I moved back as an investment for my family. If I didn't have my house now, I'd still be living there.

City View Orlando. 595 W Church St, Orlando FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando