Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
The corner of Orange and Colonial is a new upscale apartment complex. It will likely be similar to the other apartments in the area. Scheduled to be completed next year. That area of downtown was once planned to be an extension of the business/financial district but as time goes on it's slowly becoming Downtown's residential neighborhood for young singles. Even this new apartment complex will include only 1br and 2br units as they expect their tenants to be mostly singles or young couples. All they need in this area is few more dining options, a CVS and maybe a supermarket and it would be ideal.
Orange and Colonial? And Upscale apartment complex? I though the O & C Hotel was going there?

Is there another project in the works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
I was referring to the Steelhouse on the other corner already under construction.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Skyhouse has been approved. Slated for construction this fall. Good news for downtown.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Skyhouse has been approved. Slated for construction this fall. Good news for downtown.
Wow, really? That's fantastic!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Wow, really? That's fantastic!
It's on the downtownorlando.com/development column. I guess they approved it.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM

Looks like they knocked down the two small houses/law offices next to the Greek Orthodox Church and across from Lake Eola. This is the future site of another downtown hotel.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
The central station development project is a complete joke. It's small, designed like a Metro West type building of the 90's., and it's tallest tower is 9 stories? YOU SERIOUS? That huge lot and that all Orlando can think of. It's a joke, a complete joke. No wonder cities like Miami are better than Orlando,. What kind of piece of crap project is this? I'd much rather seen Ajax Stadium go here. This sucks. As Well as the small ass 8 story hotel on Orange and Colonial and the small as 4 story steel house project. Orlando is a joke downtown. I at least thought they wanted to see the city grow but I guess not.
You know, after seeing the new renderings I am changing my stance on the central station development. It's pretty bad. Half of the space is going to be a apartment complex! I really don't know who would want to live right on top of the largest bus terminal in the city, so I think the apartments are going to bomb big time. I was thinking it would have more of a promenade from the station looking toward the courthouse. However, it looks like a small corridor with a grass partition between the tracks and the development.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Looks like they knocked down the two small houses/law offices next to the Greek Orthodox Church and across from Lake Eola. This is the future site of another downtown hotel.
Is that Cambria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
You know, after seeing the new renderings I am changing my stance on the central station development. It's pretty bad. Half of the space is going to be a apartment complex! I really don't know who would want to live right on top of the largest bus terminal in the city, so I think the apartments are going to bomb big time. I was thinking it would have more of a promenade from the station looking toward the courthouse. However, it looks like a small corridor with a grass partition between the tracks and the development.
And Pete exactly. Actually wait let me argue one of your points. The point about living on top of a bus/train terminal.

Here is my position. I'd love to live as close to Transit as possible. However being only 6-8 floors up as an only option is totally unacceptable. Thats why I was bitching about a High-Rise. The higher up, the more faint noise is and the better privacy. Gosh I don't know how to contact Rida but they need to understand that. I hope this project fails Severely.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:14 PM

Lymmo is supposed to undergo a route changing that would split right through SuNRail Central station, so they can not have the correct rendering.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Is that Cambria?
Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando