Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Where did you hear that the Lake Mary Kmart is closing? It's the first I heard of it.
Internal company documents. Not sure it's been publicly announced yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 01:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
www.searsmedia.com

Quote:
Where did you hear that the Lake Mary Kmart is closing? It's the first I heard of it.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:58 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Internal company documents. Not sure it's been publicly announced yet.
That's a shame. They just couldn't get it together. Everything was overly priced and they didn't have a good selection. I'd like to see Walmart go there or even Walmart Market. I doubt it though. I know some won't agree with me.

Don't want to get off topic. Davie keep us updated.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:49 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
That's a shame. They just couldn't get it together. Everything was overly priced and they didn't have a good selection. I'd like to see Walmart go there or even Walmart Market. I doubt it though. I know some won't agree with me.

Definitely, will do.

Luckily the Kmart on OBT is a very busy store, they told me its one of the few that is still making money

Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I agree. Not sure what your argument is. I have issue with people thinking that minimum wage job = automatic ticket to the middle class. It's an entry level job. Period
Exactly its not a ticket to the middle class but it will keep my car note up to date and put a little food in my stomach and help my mom with her bills. And considering the direction Sears/Kmart is headed I dont want to make a career out of working there. This will be a paycheck until I graduate UTI next summer

Its sad to see Sears Holdings head in the direction it has been going, especially since both stores have awesome products (ie Craftsman tools, their clothes, shoes, etc)

My position will be in the electronics department, a department I already have lots of knowledge about. I go in Monday AM to finalize paperwork and will be starting Friday most likely

Old 02-26-2012, 08:32 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:

Ohh skip the Wal-mart though please. I'm not sure what can go there but a:that plaza would be swamped with a WM and b: I cannot stand that company as example #1 of what retail shouldn't be. Yes other companies practice the same things as well, but in my protest of such practices, I've targeted the best.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:17 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Ohh skip the Wal-mart though please. I'm not sure what can go there but a:that plaza would be swamped with a WM and b: I cannot stand that company as example #1 of what retail shouldn't be. Yes other companies practice the same things as well, but in my protest of such practices, I've targeted the best.
The thing with Target is that some things are reasonably priced but others are too expensive IMHO. Most things at Walmart are reasonably priced. I knew I'd have people who disagreed.

We shall see.......

Old 02-26-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
The thing with Target is that some things are reasonably priced but others are too expensive IMHO. Most things at Walmart are reasonably priced. I knew I'd have people who disagreed.

We shall see.......
I would much rather spend the extra dough at Target then to sacrifice service for price at Wal-Mart

When I worked at Publix my district manager had a saying. "Publix will charge $1.29 for a can of green beans, Walmart will charge $1.15, considering the service Wal Mart provides, how much extra are you really getting with that 14 cent savings?"

And it makes sense and that's why Publix does so well. Sure they are a little bit more expensive but the service is outstanding, and its the same way at Target. You cannot say that about Kmart, Wal-Mart, Winn-Dixie, or Albertson's

Its weird shopping at Wal-Marts and Kmarts here in Orlando compared to Las Vegas. Out there, Wal-Marts are clean and neat, the employees are knowledgable and everybody speaks English, they also had plenty of cashiers working the registers. Going to Wal-Mart Superstores in Vegas was actually a nice experience, same with Kmart

I cant say that about Kmart or WalMart here in Orlando

Old 02-27-2012, 11:16 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
Target is by far the best discount retailer IMO. It is a much more enjoyable environment than Wal-Mart aesthetically and from a customer service standpoint.

As to which is cheaper, it really depends on what you are buying. However, this study says Target is cheaper overall. That doesn't even account for the Target card which gets you 5% off your entire purchase every time you visit. You can't beat that.

Target beating Wal-Mart on prices - Mar. 8, 2011

Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Target is by far the best discount retailer IMO. It is a much more enjoyable environment than Wal-Mart aesthetically and from a customer service standpoint.
I find the selection at target to be lacking, compared to WMT, especially when it comes to groceries. I won't buy meat or produce there, but for packaged and frozen foods, no one beats them on selection and price.

Also, WMT has more selection in general. In many of them, you can get discount gas, tires, batteries, even motor oil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando