Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 08:47 PM

640 posts, read 1,292,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This has nothing to do with what everyone is PO'd about. Sure, he has his side of the story. Maybe it's true, maybe not. That's what jury trials are about, sorting out allegations and evidence to get at the truth, hopefully!

The point is that the police didn't arrest and interrogate Zimmerman, nor gather much of any evidence. They just decided he was telling the truth. That's criminally negligent police work, and in my opinion was racially motivated. I don't think for a moment that had Zimmerman ended up dead, Trayvon would simply have been believed and released.

GREAT POST!!! THIS IS THE POINT!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,801,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Police cannot "Arrest" every person that MIGHT have committed a crime before they Feel strongly that they HAVE committed a crime. That he shot him is not in dispute. What is in dispute is whether or not it was criminal.

If they did start arresting everybody suspected of a crime, before the proof is in, how many people would be suing for false arrest? Can you imagine the cost involved in litigation, let alone any awards that would be paid out. What if it were you in some other case that you were innocent of.
Are you kidding me? A young man ended up DEAD. If there were ever a time to arrest someone to sort out the facts, it is when someone shoots and kills another person.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:22 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,884,753 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? A young man ended up DEAD. If there were ever a time to arrest someone to sort out the facts, it is when someone shoots and kills another person.
The police may not have had enough evidence to make an arrest. But they definitely should have detained and questioned him. I would bet that had they done that, an arrest would have followed.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,568,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This has nothing to do with what everyone is PO'd about. Sure, he has his side of the story. Maybe it's true, maybe not. That's what jury trials are about, sorting out allegations and evidence to get at the truth, hopefully!

The point is that the police didn't arrest and interrogate Zimmerman, nor gather much of any evidence. They just decided he was telling the truth. That's criminally negligent police work, and in my opinion was racially motivated. I don't think for a moment that had Zimmerman ended up dead, Trayvon would simply have been believed and released.
Exactly. Perhaps, Trayvon saw the gun and tried to take gun from Zimmerman but failed.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,073,359 times
It shows the character of the person involved. More facts on this young mans short life are starting to surface. He was no angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Perhaps, perhaps not. Anyone care to give valid explanation as to what the school suspension for an empty marijuana baggie means to this case? Furthermore the article alludes to "police information" and interview of witnesses. Which police? The Sanford Police Department? Oh, that sounds credible...

Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 AM

593 posts, read 887,823 times
I have attempted (although it has little bearing) to profile Trayvon who since that innocent picture has grown up a bit. He might have emulated and stereotyped himself in Sanford where he was new in the neighborhood and of
course had to wear his hoodie!. Was he portraying a West Coast Gangsta? His twitter @ No Limit ***** and his
association with a peer group of dogs that paints a picture of a kid wrapped up in rapper-like tattoes gold teeth and slang. That said I still cannot condone tha actions of Zimmerman who may have been influenced by the mystique
of what was behind that hood....a bad black guy? I'm upset as to why Trayvon had been suspended in a very vague (hanging out in a unauthorized area) 10 day suspension instead of maybe a detention? Whats up with that?
He would be alive if that suspension wasn't so odd? Anyway, Although Trayvon wasn't perhaps the angel portrayed in earlier pictures he is an angel now as I believe the Lord snapped him up like the skittles Trayvon had
snapped up (God's candy) May God bless the family and help them and the black community to heal and CHANGE THE LAWS!!!

Das

Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It shows the character of the person involved. More facts on this young mans short life are starting to surface. He was no angel.
Too late.

Minds are made up and the baiters have gathered their troops readying for riot.

And Baby Mama's gonna trademark the name so she'll be able to profit from her dead son.

Nice.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 AM

27,015 posts, read 43,613,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Ohhhh, so he deserved it in your mind. That makes it better.

You talk about "what this country has come to" in another thread, take a good look in the mirror and think about that.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 AM

27,015 posts, read 43,613,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Too late.

Minds are made up and the baiters have gathered their troops readying for riot.

And Baby Mama's gonna trademark the name so she'll be able to profit from her dead son.

Nice.
Speaking of minds made up...you don't exactly seem open-minded.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 AM

862 posts, read 518,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Ohhhh, so he deserved it in your mind. That makes it better.

You talk about "what this country has come to" in another thread, take a good look in the mirror and think about that.
I dont think it so much "that he deserved it" more like, why weren't these details available at the start of the case?

The media portrayed him as a innocent 12 year old kid from the onset in order to gain sympathy.

Say what you will about the case, but the media has been biased from the start, trying to make it all about race... A "white hispanic"... really!?!?! I had never seen that term in an article before. Anything to make it about race though and get people all riled up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando