Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Does Zimmerman dad and his whole defense team thinks the world is stupid. Shirt had no blood. Jackets no grass not even Wet at all. Really how many more lies will they tell????!!
OMG! He had to have sat in a car seat on the ride to HQ. Do you really think grass would still be on his (Red) jacket, on which you would never be able to see blood in that video.

You are so wanting this to turn into a race riot that you will grasp at anything that will lead in that direction.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Annerk, since hubby is an EMT, tell us this: How long does it take for bruises to start showing? I always thought they didn't show up for hours after a trauma.

Also, if he had blood on the back of his head, They would have to clean it up to some extent to get a look at his scalp to determine the extent of the injury, so I don't buy that they wouldn't clean it up at all. Also, he had a red and black jacket or sweater on. How can you be sure there wasn't blood on it?

My son is a paramedic, but he is in training today, so I won't be able to ask him about this until tonight.
He says that some injuries will begin bruising immediately. (I have to agree, I was injured in a fall a few weeks ago and within minutes I developed swelling and hemotomas--I'm still bruised and sore!)

Generally they just put a sterile cloth over it and apply pressure as needed than package for transport in the boo boo bus. Keep in mind that the job of a first responder is to keep a victim alive long enough to get them to the ER, not to inspect wounds or make a diagnosis in a case like this.

Obviously when you've got someone in anaphylactic shock, diabetic shock, stroke, etc., there is some diagnosis that needs to happen, but in this case, all they needed to do was throw and go.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
OMG! He had to have sat in a car seat on the ride to HQ. Do you really think grass would still be on his (Red) jacket, on which you would never be able to see blood in that video.

You are so wanting this to turn into a race riot that you will grasp at anything that will lead in that direction.
I have to say that after I fell, I was still picking grass and bits of leaves out of my clothes and hair until I was able to take a shower six hours later. That stuff will stick to your clothes a lot longer than you might think.

For the record, I don't want this to turn into a race riot, and I think the New Black Panthers were WAY out of line. I do feel that the investigation was poorly handled and that there was at least some cover up. I also think that Zimmerman has lied about how it all came down, the 9-1-1 audio reinforces that opinion.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM

I took a closer look at the ABC video. Most of it is poor, mainly because of stupid ABC putting their logo right over his head for most of the video. But, if you look at it in full screen, pay very close attention to his head at 1:04. Sure looks like something there to me.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I have to say that after I fell, I was still picking grass and bits of leaves out of my clothes and hair until I was able to take a shower six hours later. That stuff will stick to your clothes a lot longer than you might think.

For the record, I don't want this to turn into a race riot, and I think the New Black Panthers were WAY out of line. I do feel that the investigation was poorly handled and that there was at least some cover up. I also think that Zimmerman has lied about how it all came down, the 9-1-1 audio reinforces that opinion.
It was a smooth jacket. Yes, if you have a sweater on and fall into leaves and maybe even grass, it might cling to it for a while. I just don't buy the fact that since you cannot see it on that poor quality video, that it was never there to begin with. It is in the police report. Of course, anyone wanting to incite a race riot would say the police lied at this point. I don't, for a minute, think that that could never happen, but there are other witnesses that saw Zimmerman on his back on the ground with Trayvon on top of him, beating him. The fact that you might not see grass in the video does not stand up against an actual witness to the act.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
For the record, I don't want this to turn into a race riot, and I think the New Black Panthers were WAY out of line.
I wasn't responding to you, also for the record.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 AM

640 posts, read 1,295,410 times
Quote:

Okay I don't want a race riot two u only mention grass. Have u ever had a broken nose or nose bleed it's impossible not have any blood on your shirt. It's raining that night Zimmerman clothes look freshly pressed and iron. Man this was a cover up the 911 tapes and video. The gurlfriend testimony. Probable cause is here there more than enough evidence for arrest here.

It's all coming out more evidence points to Zimmerman acting a vigilante. Than in self defense. Witnesses say it was boy screaming for help.

Just arrest Zimmerman and bring the evidence to court. Cause someone is lying and it stinks

Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times
It's unfortunate that the black race will once again fall victim to exploiters that stir up racial tensions and incite hatred for their own personal/monetary gains like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. You can't get 15 minutes if there's nothing to talk about. These guys care about Trayvon Martin as much as a Japanese fisherman that's been in the Pacific for the last 3 months.

Will it be another Rodney King? Using this as an excuse for looting, stealing, and robbing people? The world will be watching the response in the upcoming months.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 AM

829 posts, read 2,088,639 times
Not one thing has come out yet to substantiate George's story of self defense. Had Trayvon been an assailant burglarizing homes and cars that night. Whether or not zimmerman was injured during the confrontation would be relevant. But, the fact just is Mr Zimmerman's assumptions were wrong. And everything unfolded that night around George's false premise that Trayvon was in his neighborhood to burglarize homes and cars. Trayvon was not in the neighborhood to burglarize homes and cars. He was there visiting a family acquaintance and just walking from the neighborhood store. It's unclear who punched who first and that will always be unclear. Because no witness saw it.

Unfortunately for George, he used poor judgement at the very least when having a loaded handgun outside in the neighborhood and putting himself in a situation of confrontation with a loaded handgun in his possession. He chose to use the handgun in the confrontation. In this country you are held responsible for using reckless judgement that results in another persons death even if you never initially intended for the outcome to turn out the way it did. I certainly wouldn't want someone with a loaded handgun confronting people in my neighborhood. The gun didn't just appear out of thin air.

Mr Zimmerman was wrong about his assumption that trayvon was in the neighborhood to burglarize homes and cars. Whatever the confrontation was that night, Mr Zimmerman was an active participant acting on what turned out to be a false premise. He clearly saw Trayvon as a criminal threat in his neighborhood. And that was the premise for getting out of his car and following Trayvon in the manner that he did with a loaded handgun.

There is no evidence that Trayvon was out looking for a fight that night or was not socializing well with others while walking to and from the store that night. The confrontation occurred because george was under the assumption that trayvon was a potential burglar and chose to either follow or confront him. We do know for a fact that he got out of his car. And we do know that George had a loaded handgun which he chose to use during this confrontation. Whether or not George had a permit to carry the handgun is irrelevant. He recklessly used it on someone he thought was in his neighborhood burglarizing, but that later turned out to be a false premise. End of story. The self defense thing does not ad up. Had George not taken the actions that he did that night, those two would have never even encountered one another.

Last edited by allen2323; 03-29-2012 at 09:13 AM..

Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM

Casey Anthony must be thrilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando