Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:20 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
Are you serious? So people who are moving to Orlando and have never been here should only hear your glowing reviews? That's a giant crock of garbage. I think I would want to know if a house I was buying could potentially have a cracked foundation due to rushed developing, but I guess you wouldn't.
Yea i would like to know that kind of information, anyone with the right mind would. You just like to tell everyone that only avalon has these issues and the "real" orlando up I-4 doesnt ever experience these issues. Avalon is a well thought out community, planned years before it broke ground. I know avalon homes werent just slapped together like you see in alot of "every house loks the same" kind of neighborhood. Avalon homes are very unique with lots of detail.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:56 AM

316 posts, read 1,037,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I never said orlando was great everywhere and i never said to support the developers. I said you should support Orlando as a whole. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say it. Some people actually like avalon park.
So what you are saying is - if he doesn't care for Avalon Park he should shut up and say nothing. He is not entitled to an opinion? ...and this is just because some people might actually like Avalon Park????

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country. That has to be the most rediculous approach I have ever seen.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM

131 posts, read 295,283 times
It is ridiculous. And the more people I save from investing their savings into a questionable neighborhood the better.

These homes were rushed by shady developers. They have problems in their foundations and also are squeezed so close together that your neighbors window is right next to yours. The only way to stop the super fast money grab development is to not buy these homes. If you go to Apark and like it..great..enjoy it. I lived there long enough to know I will NEVER do it again. And I know people who developed that property and gave me immense detail on how shady the people are who built these houses. These are greedy people who do not care if your home is not built to last.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM

228 posts, read 536,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
It is ridiculous. And the more people I save from investing their savings into a questionable neighborhood the better.

These homes were rushed by shady developers. They have problems in their foundations and also are squeezed so close together that your neighbors window is right next to yours. The only way to stop the super fast money grab development is to not buy these homes. If you go to Apark and like it..great..enjoy it. I lived there long enough to know I will NEVER do it again. And I know people who developed that property and gave me immense detail on how shady the people are who built these houses. These are greedy people who do not care if your home is not built to last.
So who are you accussing of being shady; the developer, the builder, or both? These are different groups of people.
In many cases the developer sell lots to the home builder. So if you are having problems with your home, this is an issue you need to take it up with the builder.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,271 times
^^^ They're reputable builders. M/I Homes Toll Brothers, KB Homes, etc...

Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,507 times
I live in the Avalon Park area and like it a lot. I am a mother and they have some great attractions such as the water park and playground in downtown avalon. However, I think there should be better maintainence the further towards route 50 you get. It looks awful and the lawns are full of weeds. It is a beautiful place and it does not look up to its potential over that way. Avalon needs a flower store like a Kabloom would be nice. It seems that all the malls are out west. It would be nice if someone developed a mini mall off of 50 with some higher end childrens stores, gymboree etc. and an Applebees for example. There are a lot of parents that live in this area that are looking for stuff that's not so far away!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
may be reputable...however their help was not the best ...most not even experienced... ergo - bad house. you should see the one down the street with the mold it's gone from the outside to the inside...it is a builder's issue not the homeowners.... there are many that have been redone around here...

I blame the builders for shotty workmanship....I blame the developer for milking everyone including Orange County.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surperstork1 View Post
I. It would be nice if someone developed a mini mall off of 50 with some higher end childrens stores, gymboree etc. and an Applebees for example. There are a lot of parents that live in this area that are looking for stuff that's not so far away!
OMG....Applebees???? that just graded the quality of information....

All that aside - why is it that very few people in Orlando can handle non-chain restaurants? why does everything have to be some crappy chain?

Also I'll answer your high end minimall question -

1) you notice we are next to Bithlo?
2) Avalon Park is NOT Beverly Hills....not even Dr Phillips...
3) there is little business on 50 to support that idea
4) we've looked at lots of business ideas for Avalon - the demographics don't work - sorry it's way too transient
5) Applebees is not normally found in a high end mall.... well... if you are a cracker and consider Tractor Supply an anchor store......

Old 08-27-2009, 06:49 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,146,876 times
Avalon Park is a decent area with a wide variety of home prices. Some of those homes are nicer and in the 300-400k range. Most of the homes now though are quite affordable and less than this. There is also a greater mix of townhomes, condos, apartments, rental properties etc. that make this area more affordable. Not only do families live here, but there is a larger mix of students as it becomes more affordable and apartments are built. The most recent restaurant additions to Avalon Park that I know of are the Taco Bell and KFC at the north end by the High School, so I do not think that Avalon Park or the 32828 zip code has that glamarous of a reputation at all. I know the southern end of Avalon Park is the nicer end though and there are some very nice communities by Stoneybrook East, Eastwood, etc. just before the entrance to Avalon Park. I do not think the area is going to attract the high end options that you are hoping for, as the area is already pretty built up. I think if you are hoping for some more high end shopping or nicer chains like P.F. Chang's or the like, these will probably come to the Lake Nona area before the 32828.

I have nothing against this area but it is very middle class to lower middle class in character IMO.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM

228 posts, read 536,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
OK?? I was just pointing out if the poster had a problem with his house (construction related) this is not a developer issue, it's a builder issue.

Do you consider Timber Springs part of Avalon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando