Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times

Advertisements

Why is it that the people who give encouragement try to have those who do not moderated? Isn't a balanced approach better? I think one should list all the pros and cons and try to make a practical decision. Unfortunately, a good number rely on impulse, which is at best, a 50-50 proposition. I can only say that if you think that Florida will somehow change everything in your life for the better, please reconsider.Well balanced happy people are that way wherever they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 08:09 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I am a Brooklynite as well. Flatbush/Sheepshead Bay. Left in 88. We knew then what was to come so we escaped.

Anyone who hates FL should not stay here. But they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrodh View Post
Well Good Luck to you!! Take the chance, you will never know, if you dont try!! And Florida's unemployment rate is going down, unlike the Northeast! Also just wanted to let you know, Im originally from Brooklyn, Flatlands area and definitely understand that you are paying a pretty penny for your apt! When your ready to come down and look get in touch with me and I will give you some areas to look at that are pretty safe and a nice quality of life and still cheaper than what your paying. Infact, even to just rent here, you will feel like your living at a resort with alot of the apt. complexes having great amenities!! Talk to you soon!!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 AM

A balance is great. However, certain contributors to CD tend to give extremely negative information that has no backing and no substance. It is just personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Why is it that the people who give encouragement try to have those who do not moderated? Isn't a balanced approach better? I think one should list all the pros and cons and try to make a practical decision. Unfortunately, a good number rely on impulse, which is at best, a 50-50 proposition. I can only say that if you think that Florida will somehow change everything in your life for the better, please reconsider.Well balanced happy people are that way wherever they are.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:12 AM

Some people do think they know everything and only want their side presented even if that side is false, misleading, rude and ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrodh View Post
This poster continually harrasses me with anything I say about moving to Florida and should be deleted from posting here. He has sent me private messages and acts like he is the only one that can give advice on this subject and continually tells me what I should tell people and what I shouldnt! Please dont listen to him and if there is a moderator on this board, I would like them to do something about this!!

I am just giving the poster from NY advice that has worked for us! This is between her and I and I dont appreciate you putting your two cents in of what I can say and what I cant!! YOU DONT KNOW EVERYTHING!! You obviously have not lived up North and had to pay outrageous bills up there! Please stop with your harrassment!!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:14 AM

Unhappy people tend to throw factual out the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Seriously, is there not a moderator around here any longer? It's curious the handful of anti-Florida trolls can hijack threads whenever they're up to it. The purpose of these threads (or so I thought) was to offer useful or even factual advice to those asking questions and not a place for those disenchanted with their own lives and experiences to transfer their misery onto others.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Unhappy people tend to throw factual out the window.
As do the group of Florida cheerleaders who have spent too much time in the sun ...

Old 04-21-2012, 03:24 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Some people do think they know everything and only want their side presented even if that side is false, misleading, rude and ridiculous.

That's so true. Like the poster you quoted.

This isn't a private conversation between two people in a restaurant and others have "butted" in.

If someone can't take hearing another POV, perhaps it's best they don't post if they get that upset.

That's not normal behavior.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 PM

30 posts, read 119,213 times
I think it's completely healthy for some ppl to hate it and some ppl to love it. Let's be honest not everyone is going to love where they are or have great moving experiences. I mean look at me, I've lived in NY all my life and if someone asked me a question about living over here I'm gonna be real and give my honest opinion which some ppl may not like to hear. No matter what, everyone is going to have their own experiences and opinions. I personally like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. It prepares me for some issues that I just might stumble upon out there so I can make myself ready for anything.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:09 AM

135 posts, read 439,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's so true. Like the poster you quoted.

This isn't a private conversation between two people in a restaurant and others have "butted" in.

If someone can't take hearing another POV, perhaps it's best they don't post if they get that upset.

That's not normal behavior.
Normal behavior is not continually harrassing someone for their opinion! You have no right to send me a personal message and tell me what I should tell people and not tell people! Are you from up North or have you ever lived in the NY or NJ area "seandublin"? Also you say this isnt a personal conversation but in a way it was cus I told the OP that I understood where she was coming from and that there is a big difference in what you pay up there compared to down here! You have no right to tell someone not to tell someone not to say something. You can disagree with my posting and put your opinion but this was not the first time you have done this to me. I am giving people advice on personal experience not just something I am assuming. If you dont like it here in Florida not sure why you live here. You are very negative!!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 AM

135 posts, read 439,596 times
Listen people, I have nothing against anyone giving their opinion, the reason I got upset with this particular person is that he has harrassed me over other posts I had given my opinion even going as far as sending me a personal message that I shouldnt say this or that. I would never tell someone what they could say or not say. I definitely there are alot more negative people on here than positive. I'm not saying Florida is the best place to live as I have lived in NC and given the choice I would move back there in a heartbeat but this is where my husband has a good job and we have to stay.

I'm sorry if it came across that he cant have an opinion but this seandublin has singled out my posts to disagree with them and not just disagreeing but telling me I am wrong in my info. I am not wrong in my info. I have lived 3 different places and do think I know what I am talking about. Yes if you were making minimum wage you would need another contributer or have to live with someone but you could live down here to start out with on mimimum wage as opposed to NJ/NY, you couldnt even afford to share a place with someone cus rents are so high, electric is so high and car insurance is so high all much higher than here in Florida. Car insurance is definitely higher here than NC which was cheap, cheap. Electric is more than NC but definitely cheaper than NY/NJ. Anyway, I was talking to the poster cus I knew where she was coming from, knowing that she knew what I meant when I said You could live on minimum wage cus I knew she had a SO and that she would understand that she couldnt no way ever live on minimum wage in NY/NJ. Anyway sorry if I flew off the handle but it was more directed to this particular poster. If you really knew me, I am always open to others opinions but dont tell them they are wrong for how they feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando