Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times

Advertisements

Whao whao whao...what happened???? I've never seen Davie so pessimistic or ever agreed with Leftee so much...like we're in some type of alternate universe. Davie sounds like you've had you're heart broken. You seem like a really nice kid, and pardon my assumption but I know you're a young guy and like many of us did in our youth, you've been looking for love in all the wrong places. I enjoy going downtown but wouldn't expect to find love there. I read through your list of standards and the first thing that stood out to me was half of your criteria was physical. I understand everyone wants someone they're attracted too, but as long as you put that much emphasis on looks, I'm sorry to say you're going to keep finding the same type who will be in it for our money. I'm sure alot of these girls that you find attractive and always taken are not always with calvin klein models. I'm sure some them are with average looking guys. Well there's gotta be something more than just looks that attracts that girl to that guy. You've gotta look beyond your physical criteria and focus more on the other aspects. I'm sure there's a good girl out there for you but she may not be waiting for you at Wall Street on a friday night. Keep your head up Davie, many girls will break your heart but hopefully one will steal it from you because that's all she wants from you. Best of luck to you it gets better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 PM

57 posts, read 158,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I've learned to lower my standards, as many people have told me "You're no catch DavieJ, just take what you can get, nobody wants you, and if somebody does, never let them go, because you'll be alone forever if you do"

So I take whatever comes to me, I can't do any better. I really dont think I can

Im only a 3 or 4 on the looks scale at best and leagues DO exist. People will swear that they dont but trust me they do. You will never see a girl whos a 9 or 10 with a loser like me

In spite of what I would like, realistically speaking these are the kinds of girls I should be looking for (the ones that I'd stand a nanosecond of a chance with)

-About 5'4 or less in height
-At LEAST 250 lbs
-Almost albino skin
-Flaming red hair and freckles
-Bad attitude

And as I said in my previous post, Im not "boyfriend material" and I dont want to be in a committed relationship anyway, already did that once and its going to take years to pay off the debt my ex (who I call the wicked witch of the west) incurred on me, as well as a tattered credit rating

Im sorry but I just dont trust women anymore, they only want me for my money and Im not going to let that happen again, or let myself get hurt. As much as I hate being alone, Id rather be alone and have my freedom than have some heartless woman ruin my already screwed up life even further than it already is

Hmm, I'm not judging, because I really don't know you, but these circumstances DO make it very difficult for you to land, well, a woman in your criteria. Especially since most of those sensible women are looking for committal relationships. A lot of them don't have time to play around like that, for one. And if they do, they probably are not exactly the deepest of thinkers.

Have you thought that, though, picking up on any available chance you get might also be what led to those relationship follies? You are right that some people are shallow and only go for lookers or lookers they think they have a chance with, but I think from your experiences that you allowed some of these bad women into your life. Maybe not intentionally, but there are warning signs. They shouldn't be doing that to people to begin with, but, the world isn't perfect either.

Also, I don't know how you look like. What about you makes you so low on the "attractive-ness" scale? Are you overweight, underweight? Or is it something in your bone structure? Is it acne? I mean, if it's doable, maybe you can work on your own self image. Not just for attracting women, but making you feel better about yourself which eventually leads to attracting women. Also, you don't need to wear Armani, but sprucing up your wardrobe does help.

I don't feel attractive myself, so, I never really actually look for someone (that and I just don't have the time or interest). I'm right now working on my self image because I deserve it to myself to feel better.

Well, good luck to you and I hope your experiences are better, Davie!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Whao whao whao...what happened???? I've never seen Davie so pessimistic or ever agreed with Leftee so much...like we're in some type of alternate universe. Davie sounds like you've had you're heart broken. You seem like a really nice kid, and pardon my assumption but I know you're a young guy and like many of us did in our youth, you've been looking for love in all the wrong places. I enjoy going downtown but wouldn't expect to find love there. I read through your list of standards and the first thing that stood out to me was half of your criteria was physical. I understand everyone wants someone they're attracted too, but as long as you put that much emphasis on looks, I'm sorry to say you're going to keep finding the same type who will be in it for our money. I'm sure alot of these girls that you find attractive and always taken are not always with calvin klein models. I'm sure some them are with average looking guys. Well there's gotta be something more than just looks that attracts that girl to that guy. You've gotta look beyond your physical criteria and focus more on the other aspects. I'm sure there's a good girl out there for you but she may not be waiting for you at Wall Street on a friday night. Keep your head up Davie, many girls will break your heart but hopefully one will steal it from you because that's all she wants from you. Best of luck to you it gets better.
I dont even go looking for love on Wall St on Friday nights. Thats not even a place I go. I usually go to the Central Arcade or the Stagger Inn on Central and Magnolia, and a few spots in Thornton Park as well (quieter over there)

Usually, when I go out all I ever try to do with the girls I see is just talk to them, no real intentions. Just a way to build a little bit of confidence in myself to have enough of a pair to talk to one. I dont expect to find love there or even take a girl home just for the night (snowball's chance in hell for BOTH of those)

Ive been through too much these past few months to be in a relationship anyway. Back in December, I lost my gf, my job, and my father in a matter of a week, then in February I had to come back here even though I didnt want to. I have emotionally shut down, and when I have tried to "open up" per se, I've always gotten hurt. I'm done

I just go downtown now to kick back relax and have a good time. I have an established group of friends now who I work with at Publix, we go to various hookah bars downtown or around UCF and then have a few drinks before going home for the night

Old 05-10-2012, 04:56 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Its funny, the Publix I work at is right across from the UCF Rosen College on Universal Blvd, lots of college girls coming in, all taken (not surprising to me) To be honest, what I am looking for is something casual. I am no stranger to being told I have commitment issues, I know I do and thats ok, I know I'm not "boyfriend material" I'm sorry but I quote Jaheim "Never will this player hang his jersey up and leave the game"

I'm not looking for a relationship, just some casual fun (may the attacks and insults about how im a dirty dog begin) and this is why I complain about a lack of single women, all the physically attractive ones are taken or have too many issues (as mentioned in my previous posts)

Here is my reply to this post

jpg upload
So all you want is a hookup, yet you want a hot woman without "baggage"? Give me a break! Seriously, if I were young, hot, and single, and all I wanted was a hook up, I would want to hook up with a young, hot, single guy who would at least make it worth my while with nice dinners and the ability to buy me a drink that wasn't a Miller Lite on draft.

If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Because they are beautiful, which automatically means "TAKEN" because every woman i meet who I find attractive is ALWAYS taken 100% of the time GUARANTEED.

Im usually optimistic but when it comes to women and the many failed friendships and relationships I've had, Im just as negative as the trolls who bash this city for no apparent reason
Get some therapy dude. Seriously. You are delusional if you really believe this.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
You sure they're not just telling you that?
Davie's conversation with a hot chick:

Davie: Hey, I'm Davie
Chick: Hi, I'm Chick.
Davie: Do you go to school around here?
Chick: I go to Rollins.
Davie: Nice school. I work at Publix.
Chick: Are you a manager?
Davie: No, I work part time as a cashier.
Chick: So you also go to school?
Davie: No, maybe some day.
Chick: Oh.
Davie: Want to go out some time?
Chick: Maybe, what were you thinking?
Davie: We could go have a few beers and then--do you have your own place?
Chick: Why?
Davie: Well, just wondering. I still live at home.
Chick. Oh.
Davie: So would tomorrow night work for you?
Chick: I'll tell you what, give me your number and I'll call you.
Davie: Can I have your number?
Chick: Um, I'll call you. Have to run, see ya.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I dont even go looking for love on Wall St on Friday nights. Thats not even a place I go. I usually go to the Central Arcade or the Stagger Inn on Central and Magnolia, and a few spots in Thornton Park as well (quieter over there)

Usually, when I go out all I ever try to do with the girls I see is just talk to them, no real intentions. Just a way to build a little bit of confidence in myself to have enough of a pair to talk to one. I dont expect to find love there or even take a girl home just for the night (snowball's chance in hell for BOTH of those)

Ive been through too much these past few months to be in a relationship anyway. Back in December, I lost my gf, my job, and my father in a matter of a week, then in February I had to come back here even though I didnt want to. I have emotionally shut down, and when I have tried to "open up" per se, I've always gotten hurt. I'm done

I just go downtown now to kick back relax and have a good time. I have an established group of friends now who I work with at Publix, we go to various hookah bars downtown or around UCF and then have a few drinks before going home for the night
You are going about it all wrong. You need to stop seeming so desperate and stop looking for hook ups. Go out looking for fun, not sex. Best way to meet available women your age is volunteer. Best place to start is here: Mel's Bad Girls Club

Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Davie's conversation with a hot chick:

Davie: Hey, I'm Davie
Chick: Hi, I'm Chick.
Davie: Do you go to school around here?
Chick: I go to Rollins.
Davie: Nice school. I work at Publix.
Chick: Are you a manager?
Davie: No, I work part time as a cashier.
Chick: So you also go to school?
Davie: No, maybe some day.
Chick: Oh.
Davie: Want to go out some time?
Chick: Maybe, what were you thinking?
Davie: We could go have a few beers and then--do you have your own place?
Chick: Why?
Davie: Well, just wondering. I still live at home.
Chuck. Oh.
Davie: So would tomorrow night work for you?
Chick: I'll tell you what, give me your number and I'll call you.
Davie: Can I have your number?
Chick: Um, I'll call you. Have to run, see ya.
Lol

Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,158 times
Learn to play bass. Play in a band where there are drunk girls. Act moody.

Controversial topics not to talk about: Politics and Religion.
Boring topics not to talk about: TV shows or a dream you had.

My 2 cents, either your standards are too high or you doubt yourself, or both.

Most people who I heard that can't land a gal usually have a girl who likes them, but they aren't interested in her. She's not "good enough."

Hey, did you guys know there is a Relationships forum here?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:37 PM

206 posts, read 414,840 times
This thread has just gotten silly. Orlando has some of the most beautiful girls in the country and enough diversity in things to do that you could almost going into a certain venue and have a hand picked selection of exactly what you are looking for.

Be nice, don't be creepy and you'll be fine in most situations except for a few places that you should have known better to go to in the first place.

I can't imagine that Davie is being serious. Probably my last post in this thread. No offense to the original poster - it was a great topic originally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando