Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
This is true no matter where you are in the US. Trust me on this. Especially if you want to find a woman without "baggage." They're usually married.

Maybe you should try online dating and see what that turns up?
He doesn't want a date, he wants a hook up. Most women looking for hook ups have the baggage he doesn't want, or aren't the supermodels he seeks--which is puzzling given that he rates himself a 0-3 in the looks department...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
He doesn't want a date, he wants a hook up. Most women looking for hook ups have the baggage he doesn't want, or aren't the supermodels he seeks--which is puzzling given that he rates himself a 0-3 in the looks department...
That's why I suggested Online Dating. I've gotten more hook ups via that method then any other.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:37 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times
Quote:
Exactly. Technically I met my husband in a bar, but we both worked for companies that provided services for that industry and often ran into each other in the afternoon while visiting various bars for business meetings with the owners before they were open to the public. Big difference between that and trying to meet while screaming over a 100 Db sound system.
I didn't know you were a female. Thats cool.

Quote:
You obviously were looking in all the wrong places.

Actually this could be fair to say. As the type of female I want to attract myself too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sound like you and Davie should start a club
I'm goood.....

Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 AM

570 posts, read 1,152,939 times
I think women in Orlando are no different than any others in that if they're attractive and/or successful, they want the same in the opposite sex.

It's unfair for physically unattractive and/or unsuccessful men to categorize beautiful women as being pretentious or conceded because they have higher standards. If you're attractive and/or successful man, would you settle for an ugly and/or unsuccessful woman?

I can say that it is VERY DIFFICULT to find a physically attractive woman in Orlando that also has the brains. Most of the hotties that I run into are so empty above the neck that I stop the conversation as it's comparable to talking to a wall.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
generally speaking most very attractive/intelligent/well rounded women tend to live in and around intellectual metro areas like nyc, dc, sf, chicago, boston, etc etc

Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Where is a good place to meet hot, beautiful, single women in their 20's in Orlando? Tried the online dating sites but all the women on there are a little eh and have pictures of when they were 18-19.

I don't like going to clubs/bars/loud places. I prefer a nice sushi dinner and a movie. Not that romantic crap either.

Suggestions welcomed
Put your picture up first, lets see what we're workin' with here.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:49 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
generally speaking most very attractive/intelligent/well rounded women tend to live in and around intellectual metro areas like nyc, dc, sf, chicago, boston, etc etc
How in the hell can you make such a subjective statement? There are beautiful attractive women that live everywhere lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Your only into looks ?

Quote:
I think women in Orlando are no different than any others in that if they're attractive and/or successful, they want the same in the opposite sex.

It's unfair for physically unattractive and/or unsuccessful men to categorize beautiful women as being pretentious or conceded because they have higher standards. If you're attractive and/or successful man, would you settle for an ugly and/or unsuccessful woman?

I can say that it is VERY DIFFICULT to find a physically attractive woman in Orlando that also has the brains. Most of the hotties that I run into are so empty above the neck that I stop the conversation as it's comparable to talking to a wall.
It's not unfair. How is it unfair? and Whats wrong with an ugly woman if she makes you happy? is that truly what it is now days for people? Looks? What a person is able to do for you? Relationships lack "RELATION" now days.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 PM

570 posts, read 1,152,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I hope ur not a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
It's not unfair. How is it unfair? and Whats wrong with an ugly woman if she makes you happy? is that truly what it is now days for people? Looks? What a person is able to do for you? Relationships lack "RELATION" now days.
Of course its unfair. Success attracts success just as beauty attracts beauty. There's nothing wrong with a hottie going out with someone with inferior looks, someone who doesn't have that much money but has a good heart. That's actually much better to see than the 50yr old fat baldy with a 100k car pullin up with a 20yr old blonde hottie in the passenger.

But, its unfair to say "oh that hottie won't give me the time of day because I'm not good looking or because my fulltime job is working at kmart part time." Of course she won't. Why would she? So is it fair to categorize her as superficial and pretentious. This is for the dudes with unrealistic expectations. Upgrade your life and you'll attract upgrade chicks.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:42 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
But, its unfair to say "oh that hottie won't give me the time of day because I'm not good looking or because my fulltime job is working at kmart part time." Of course she won't. Why would she? So is it fair to categorize her as superficial and pretentious. This is for the dudes with unrealistic expectations. Upgrade your life and you'll attract upgrade chicks.
Exactly. You don't have to be the "sexiest Man Alive" but you need to have something to put on the table.

What do women look for in a man?

Attractive--this doesn't mean a "10," but it means you've done the best with what you've got. it means you are in shape (not all ripped but not looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, either), have good grooming habits, and dress nicely (this doesn't mean designer but buy a pair of jeans that fit well and wash them now and then).

Financially Secure--this doesn't mean rich, but it means you are able to pay your bills, have a car that isn't falling apart (doesn't need to be a hot sports car, but a decent late model car that has doors and windows that open and is devoid of any major dents or scratches and is mechanically sound.), live someplace other than with your mother (there are a couple of rare exceptions to the mother rule) or in your car, and have enough money to be able to take a date to dinner (someplace nicer than Denny's) and a movie.

Add in something else--this is an intangible. Maybe he's got an amazing sense of humor, a way of making you feel like you are the only person in the room, or you've got something in common like you both are learning to speak Italian and dream of visiting Venice.

If you can't put all that on the table, then no, a woman won't be interested. And nice women without baggage aren't interested in one night stands or hook ups. If you want one of those, try South OBT.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Add in something else--this is an intangible. Maybe he's got an amazing sense of humor, a way of making you feel like you are the only person in the room, or you've got something in common like you both are learning to speak Italian and dream of visiting Venice.
Yep. Personality humor and swagger. It's what really brings an average guy up in scale. Having a little confidence can go a long way with women (without being overly cocky or a jerk).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando