Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:49 PM

57 posts, read 158,664 times

Advertisements

Eh, this is both great for Orlando's growth as a city, but I wouldn't say this is the greatest achievement for the overall health of others. I know, people got to eat, and they don't always have time to cook, but really. Just buying some bread at a grocery store and some deli meat is healthier than eating out.

I hope we get even more healthier food franchises. I only say "healthier" because even places like Chipotle and Panera that supposedly promote healthier eating don't really reflect that in their nutritional facts. Chipotle isn't the worst, but Panera Bread, wow. I saw that their iced green tea had like, 32 grams of sugar per cup. Tasty, but that's awful. I'm sure that isn't natural sugar either.

Of course, people aren't always looking for healthy when eating out, but when you eat out every single day like some people, well...

For franchises, I hope we get more wraps and sandwich places, salad bars, etc. The few times I do get to eat out, I normally grab something with chicken, fish or vegetables. Very few places ever prepare pork or beef in the way that I like it. That and the occasional pizza. I love pizza, but it's kind of a luxury food for me. The cost of fast food is usually more expensive in the long run, anyway, and not very good on the pockets of most Orlando residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Sounds funny lol whats this ?
In-N-Out burger is from the west coast,everytime I've been to California or Vegas I remember walking or driving right by them but I skipped it.In the last coupleof years I hear people talking about In-N-Out burger like it's the greatest thing ever,I wish I would have tried it when I could to see what the hype is.Supposedly they only have a few distribution centers in the west and a new one in Texas so as of right now no chances of them coming to Florida unless new distribution centers open in the east coast,for a long time they were only in California,Arizona,Utah and Nevada so with the Texas expansion I guess they have to have eyes on Florida and the east coast in the future.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:34 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
In N Out is not too bad, when I ate it I thought it was the greatest thing on Earth, but that was coming off deployments.

It is just burgers and fries, that is it, nothing fancy, kind of like Steak n Shake back when they were good, or the few around that still cook good, only better tasting.

I am not a burger fan, I actually went to In N Out only because others from the area were hyped about it, go with the flow type of thing.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:09 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulchinmae View Post
Eh, this is both great for Orlando's growth as a city, but I wouldn't say this is the greatest achievement for the overall health of others. I know, people got to eat, and they don't always have time to cook, but really. Just buying some bread at a grocery store and some deli meat is healthier than eating out.

I hope we get even more healthier food franchises. I only say "healthier" because even places like Chipotle and Panera that supposedly promote healthier eating don't really reflect that in their nutritional facts. Chipotle isn't the worst, but Panera Bread, wow. I saw that their iced green tea had like, 32 grams of sugar per cup. Tasty, but that's awful. I'm sure that isn't natural sugar either.

Of course, people aren't always looking for healthy when eating out, but when you eat out every single day like some people, well...

For franchises, I hope we get more wraps and sandwich places, salad bars, etc. The few times I do get to eat out, I normally grab something with chicken, fish or vegetables. Very few places ever prepare pork or beef in the way that I like it. That and the occasional pizza. I love pizza, but it's kind of a luxury food for me. The cost of fast food is usually more expensive in the long run, anyway, and not very good on the pockets of most Orlando residents.
What happened to personal responsibility and self control? It's mind boggling how people blame others for their health issues, especially on food choices. Did somebody make you get a big mac with extra cheese, large fries and a large DIET COKE? No. You could've just as easily gotten a grilled snack wrap with that oatmeal thingie as I do but no you had to get it because it was there when you were driving home and they put the big MAC picture right in Ur face and you had no choice and was coerced, why can't you just close down you evil mcdonalds and now that meal made you 60lbs overweight overnight and you can't get to the gym because you're so busy yet you watch at least 3hrs of tv before you go to bed but that's not your fault at all.

/rant

Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 PM

57 posts, read 158,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
What happened to personal responsibility and self control? It's mind boggling how people blame others for their health issues, especially on food choices. Did somebody make you get a big mac with extra cheese, large fries and a large DIET COKE? No. You could've just as easily gotten a grilled snack wrap with that oatmeal thingie as I do but no you had to get it because it was there when you were driving home and they put the big MAC picture right in Ur face and you had no choice and was coerced, why can't you just close down you evil mcdonalds and now that meal made you 60lbs overweight overnight and you can't get to the gym because you're so busy yet you watch at least 3hrs of tv before you go to bed but that's not your fault at all.

/rant
I think perhaps you misinterpreted my intentions in my previous post. I'm not blaming the food of making people fat. What I'm criticizing is how that article is basically lopping the growing population altogether, making statements how the newcomers must have convenient food options, most of which will result in something unhealthy. What about those of us who would like to see something different?

You definitely aren't wrong. It's not the franchise's fault for opening up a business of where they think will be profitable, anybody would. It's the fault of the person who is sucked into eating there, but wouldn't you agree that if there were more plentiful options to eat healthier it would promote, well, better eating habits? It doesn't have to be grocery stores, can just be small wrap shops and the like.

I'm not saying close down all the Mickey D's in Orlando, but it would be nice to promote healthier businesses too.

For the record, I never watch television, I do cardio and mild weight lifting, and go for seemingly healthier options in the rare times I can afford to eat out that, when you do research, are also ladled with as much sugar and fat as some of the big names. So, not sure if that was just a rant or if you were directing that toward me.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Restaurants Top Growth Cities for Expansion - QSR magazine

What quick service restaurant concepts would you like to see or see expand in Orlando?
I would love to see more Chipotle as well as Moe's locations around town, I LOVE CHIPOTLE

As far as burgers go, Five Guys is a favorite as well! And I wish What-A-Burger would come back to town

Imho, I wish we had Jack In the Box down here, sometimes in the morning, I crave a burger instead of an Egg McMuffin, Jack serves burgers 24 hrs a day (or at least they do in Las Vegas)

Del Taco would be good to have too, some of their food (their 50c tacos are garbage) is bad, others are delicious (macho loaded nachos )

Its a shame Crispers has closed down, they were a great restaurant

This will never happen, but I would never leave Orlando to live anywhere else if In-N-Out Burger came to town. I loves me some Animal Style fries and a double double with cheese

The last thing Orlando needs anymore of IMO is McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, the typical fast food chains

Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
I know this won't be too popular with some Italians, but I say bring back Fazzoli's...I used to love that place! (although for some reason I can't stand Olive Garden)

Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Del Taco would be good to have too, some of their food (their 50c tacos are garbage) is bad, others are delicious (macho loaded nachos )

Its a shame Crispers has closed down, they were a great restaurant
Del Taco has a restaurant on I-Drive near the outlet mall.

Since when did Crispers close ? Last time I checked, the Kirkman and Winter Park Village locations were open ...

Old 05-14-2012, 03:05 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Del Taco has a restaurant on I-Drive near the outlet mall.

Since when did Crispers close ? Last time I checked, the Kirkman and Winter Park Village locations were open ...
There's a Del Taco on I-Drive? Cool

The Crispers in Hunter's Creek on JYP and Town Center Blvd closed a few months ago

Old 05-14-2012, 03:14 PM

189 posts, read 436,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
There's a Del Taco on I-Drive? Cool

The Crispers in Hunter's Creek on JYP and Town Center Blvd closed a few months ago
That is where a Keke's Breakfast Cafe is opening up soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando