Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 04:39 AM

29 posts, read 31,326 times

Advertisements

The serenity that awaits you here in FL is no enigma that shall be embraced by all. Your new home here will be filled with joyful events unlike any other. One will take pleasure in knowing the natural and unmistakeable exponential opportunities that will arise as you partake on your quest through this utopian land. Make no mistake, the times you spend here in history are a testament to the beautiful wonders of life. Peace will be with all; bread will break daily together in perfect harmony as friends and brothers of another mother. Any problems presented here are superficial and are easily rectified by simple discussions of compromise by rational understanding with peers of intellect. Like a cool breeze flowing through your hair as it is through the trees of life. Where a single seed is carried to begin anew. Take solace as you embark on your new home here in The City Beautiful 32807 Orlando, FL; knowing with full capacity you are safe in the most prosperous, vivacious, and understanding lands to behold.

Your Florida Friend,
Neaters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM

20 posts, read 35,391 times
Well, seems like this thread has turned into a political thread. Not sure what to think about Ol Neaters up there, but I suppose speaking positive thoughts about dolphins and breezes could lighten the mood a little.

I will agree with the original post. It is something to truly behold. You have been warned.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 PM

156 posts, read 220,341 times
I just move here for 1 month from up north and love it so far. Definitely it is not cheap, but cheaper than SEA or NY. If you are making minimum wage and expect to live in Baldwin Park, Dr. Philips etc, it is not gonna happen and I think it is like this most of the states, there is good/bad and cheap/expensive area. Hope you all find the right place to live and be happy. I came at the time with perfect weather (according to me). So many places to run, especially around the lake and the parks are actually really nice. So many nice developments but of course, costly, but at least it is available. Oh yeah did trail maintenance and got bit by wasp..ouch..and saw the wild life that I have never seen before..huge turtles and snakes while driving..which I encountered where I live before. Many activities to do here..probably because I just came. Able to go camping during this season...yeahhhh

Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
This thread is funny because I actually feel relaxed while in the Orlando area-compared to south Palm Beach county!

It's a shame that the aggressive mentality is moving further north.

I remember when I liked driving up there because you didn't get honked at every 2 seconds. Guess that's changed

Old 10-25-2013, 07:59 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
This thread is funny because I actually feel relaxed while in the Orlando area-compared to south Palm Beach county!

It's a shame that the aggressive mentality is moving further north.

I remember when I liked driving up there because you didn't get honked at every 2 seconds. Guess that's changed
Don't drive slow in the left lane and you'll be fine

Old 10-26-2013, 06:53 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
chop, I've observed that the drivers on 441 (talking about Mt Dora/Apopka) are far more tolerant of screwups than the drivers here. Iive seen people do stuff that would practically get them run off the road here, but not even a honk up there

Old 10-28-2013, 03:09 PM

457 posts, read 627,308 times
Orlando is like every single other city on the planet: Some exceptionally kind and nice people, some totally horrible people...and a whole lot of us in-betweeners.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I think its tourist, GONE wild- see the movies.? imagine the towns people in Cancun think these arrogant students are idiots. yea they drunk -charge them more. They come tired- they come with lots of money and all want everybody to beckon to them.., Bow already! Miami is about same so, natives have to slap a few once in awhile. ( just kidding) i am used to them- being from Miami... but you can't let them run you over, or make you be like them... you visiting us! also remember the extreme heat and many natives now work 2 jobs... so everybody's more tense... but ALLLL cities have the same basic vibe.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 793 times
Orlando is a horrendous city so god help me. I have been here 15 years and only been harassed abused terrorized by people. Harassed by neighbors for a year??? Yes in irlando FAMILIES AND KIDS get together to harass beautiful young girls who live alone. My story is something out of a bad horror story. Even a neighbor ripped my fence apart and the cops kissed his ass for doing it?? No friends. It's impossible. In 15 years I made ONE FRIEND and she moved. Everyone is mean rude cruel. I was banned from 12 subways. Lol. I was valedictorian of my hs. Brilliant. My life was destroyed here. I get treated like dirt almost anywhere I go BECAUSE I'm beautiful and they hate pretty women here. Boyfriend? Every male is a sociopath who uses terrorizes me. My last three dates were horror stories. My so called semi bf of three months just vanished and he was an attorney who was dysfunctional and even admitted he lies and is crazy and unstable. Despite being extremely pretty I can't meet one normal male for the life of me. My social life consists of meeting freaks off the net. Or I'm just alone. My date from last night who ended up being an ******* too talked abt
How Orlando is so unfriendly and he does everything alone. I invited him to a magic game Daytona 500 he said he'd rather go to a club then proceeded to be mean to me for no reason. Everyone here is soulless psycho evil crazy. After15 years I finally found a tennis partner!!! This place is some parallel universe vortex straight to hell. I go to Jacksonville and people are so nice I think I'm dreaming. Pray I get out of here

Old 02-20-2014, 01:26 PM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa5599 View Post
Orlando is a horrendous city so god help me. I have been here 15 years and only been harassed abused terrorized by people. Harassed by neighbors for a year??? Yes in irlando FAMILIES AND KIDS get together to harass beautiful young girls who live alone. My story is something out of a bad horror story. Even a neighbor ripped my fence apart and the cops kissed his ass for doing it?? No friends. It's impossible. In 15 years I made ONE FRIEND and she moved. Everyone is mean rude cruel. I was banned from 12 subways. Lol. I was valedictorian of my hs. Brilliant. My life was destroyed here. I get treated like dirt almost anywhere I go BECAUSE I'm beautiful and they hate pretty women here. Boyfriend? Every male is a sociopath who uses terrorizes me. My last three dates were horror stories. My so called semi bf of three months just vanished and he was an attorney who was dysfunctional and even admitted he lies and is crazy and unstable. Despite being extremely pretty I can't meet one normal male for the life of me. My social life consists of meeting freaks off the net. Or I'm just alone. My date from last night who ended up being an ******* too talked abt
How Orlando is so unfriendly and he does everything alone. I invited him to a magic game Daytona 500 he said he'd rather go to a club then proceeded to be mean to me for no reason. Everyone here is soulless psycho evil crazy. After15 years I finally found a tennis partner!!! This place is some parallel universe vortex straight to hell. I go to Jacksonville and people are so nice I think I'm dreaming. Pray I get out of here
It sounds like California might be a better fit for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando