U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,346 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have been living in Orlando for the last 2+ years, need to rent a more affordable home. Currently live in Dr Phillips but between utilities, lawn,pest ctrl and rent, we cannot save money to buy a home.

Have been looking at different areas and though Williamsburg is close and seems safe, the homes are too old and not very affordable for the square footage.

What are your thoughts of Hunters Creek? Specifically Eagles Landing or any of the golf course communities. Appreciate your input. Have a 14 month old and a 7 yr old who goes to private school. Would still drive him to school so that's not an issue.

Also, my parents are moving to Meadow Woods and wish to be closer to them.

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 09:59 PM

24 posts, read 97,819 times
Sounds like you made a decision. Hunters Creek is nice, strict HOA, Southchase could be an alternative.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 AM

10,575 posts, read 10,849,492 times
HC is fine. Will def save you some $$$ over Dr Phillips, although you'll be a bit farther from restaurant row, the attractions and I-4. You'll be more dependent on the 417

Old 05-22-2012, 11:01 AM

97 posts, read 196,296 times
Are you hispanic?

Do you like parked cars on lawns?

If so, you should fit in nicely in Hunters Creek.

Last edited by americandreamdead; 05-22-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 PM

5,739 posts, read 12,444,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs1971 View Post
Hi, I have been living in Orlando for the last 2+ years, need to rent a more affordable home. Currently live in Dr Phillips but between utilities, lawn,pest ctrl and rent, we cannot save money to buy a home.

Have been looking at different areas and though Williamsburg is close and seems safe, the homes are too old and not very affordable for the square footage.

What are your thoughts of Hunters Creek? Specifically Eagles Landing or any of the golf course communities. Appreciate your input. Have a 14 month old and a 7 yr old who goes to private school. Would still drive him to school so that's not an issue.

Also, my parents are moving to Meadow Woods and wish to be closer to them.

Thanks.
Dont listen to americandreamdead. If people parked their cars on lawns in Hunters Creek they'd face HUGE hoa fines!

I live in the Hunter's Creek area. Its pretty nice down here. Even the older homes are well kept.

If you wish to save some money on hoa fees but STILL live in the Hunter's Creek area. Look into the Deerfield Subdivision as well as Whisper Lakes (where I live) Most of these homes are mid-80s to early 90s construction and are just minutes from Hunter's Creek and are more affordable

Southchase is good as a previous poster stated. I lived there for the better part of 2009 and had no issues, I liked it actually. Another good option is Falcon Trace at the intersection of Town Center Blvd and Balcombe Rd, its located directly across from Hunter's Creek as well as Endeavor Elementary school

Back in 2008, I lived in Settler's Landing which is right next to Eagle's Landing off of Hunter's Creek Blvd. I think these may be the oldest homes in Hunter's Creek, however they are still extremely well kept and the residents are very friendly

Good luck!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,346 times
Thanks for your comments!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 PM

7 posts, read 13,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americandreamdead View Post
Are you hispanic?

Do you like parked cars on lawns?

If so, you should fit in nicely in Hunters Creek.
I've lived in Hunters Creek for seven years. There are more hispanics in Waterford Lakes, and I've never seen a car parked on a lawn. I like Hunters Creek because the HOA here is a strong one.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,051 times
I was interested in Hunters Creek as well. One thing that was botheredsome was that is was alittle busy for me.
I was looking into clermont for quietness.

Where is restaurant row?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM

10,575 posts, read 10,849,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgon74 View Post
I was interested in Hunters Creek as well. One thing that was botheredsome was that is was alittle busy for me.
I was looking into clermont for quietness.

Where is restaurant row?
Restaurant row is in Dr Phillips on sand lake Rd

Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,622,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norasusan View Post
I've lived in Hunters Creek for seven years. There are more hispanics in Waterford Lakes....
Uh, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando