Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 AM

511 posts, read 854,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
I'd mail this cop a $100 check if I knew his address:

Cop trolls slowpoke in the fast lane - YouTube
That is excellent! Except I think he should have done a complete traffic stop as the slow driving is suspicious in and of itself as they may have been transporting drugs or something and driving slowly so as not to attract attention ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 11:46 AM

20 posts, read 33,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendaleMiami View Post
oh, great. another person who moved to florida from another random big city in the u.s. and they think were they were from originally is superior. that sure is getting old.
If you are repeatedly hearing comments suggesting that, may be there is some truth to that.

I was only referring to the driving and I will say it again- the drivers here generally suck!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
If you are repeatedly hearing comments suggesting that, may be there is some truth to that.

I was only referring to the driving and I will say it again- the drivers here generally suck!
Because they are all from up north

Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM

20 posts, read 33,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Because they are all from up north
now that could be.... heck, they could be form Texas as well, but when they get here, their driving goes to crap.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronclimer View Post
The 55 M.P.H. speed limit is the maximum limit that the Department of Transportation considers safe. When you exceed the speed limit, you are driving unsafely. When you are below the speed limit, you are more safe. More safe is better than unsafe.

You could write to your congressman to have the speed limit raised or you could leave home earlier so you would not find it nessecary to drive at the maxmum speed limit.

Your concerns about road rage are valid concerns. It is a pretty good bet that, if you are not armed, the other guy is in Florida. Don't encouage road rage. It is very dangerous in south Orlando.
Your just as unsafe driving slower. Probably actually the unsafest thing to do.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Your just as unsafe driving slower. Probably actually the unsafest thing to do.
+1 can't agree more without question driving too slowly is more dangerous then slightly faster then an already too slow speed limit..Going too slowly in al cases bunches up traffic and leaves no one any where to go when necessary. So is it safe to assume that the speed limit has been lowered again since I left down from 70Mph?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlid View Post

And guaranteed you've had very few run ins with actual "drivers from here". You've mostly had run ins with drivers who've spent most of their lives in large northern cities and taken taxis or other forms of mass transit much of their lives before coming here and never drive. Many have never even had a drivers license and come here to learn and hone their rookie skills on our roads and we pay the price for their education.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
+1 can't agree more without question driving too slowly is more dangerous then slightly faster then an already too slow speed limit..Going too slowly in al cases bunches up traffic and leaves no one any where to go when necessary. So is it safe to assume that the speed limit has been lowered again since I left down from 70Mph?

55 for most ares. Yes Indeed. Now they have the automated sign that actually changes according to the flow of traffic. During rush hours normall no higher than 40, which we all know Orlandoans will not obey that. The method in Orlando is to keep up with traffic whether it's your thing or not. It's like I always say. When one person decides to go slow on I-4, they **** it up for the rest of the people behind them.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
55 for most ares. Yes Indeed. Now they have the automated sign that actually changes according to the flow of traffic. During rush hours normall no higher than 40, which we all know Orlandoans will not obey that. The method in Orlando is to keep up with traffic whether it's your thing or not. It's like I always say. When one person decides to go slow on I-4, they **** it up for the rest of the people behind them.
And Orlando's number of slow drivers is truly growing as well

I can NEVER get above 50 on the 528 even though its a 55 zone, and driving at 40-45 mph on John Young in the 55 zone there has become the norm too sadly

I miss 2009 Orlando, where I could just jump on I-4 (or 417 or whatever highway I used) set the cruise at 70 and just relax until I go to my destination. Not anymore. I try going 70 on I-4 and I feel like a jerk flying past everybody, nobody on I-4 does the 70+ thing anymore. Is FHP cracking down or something?

I wish I could put some sort of battering ram on my car to bump people who are going too slow, but that would cause an accident

Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
And Orlando's number of slow drivers is truly growing as well

I can NEVER get above 50 on the 528 even though its a 55 zone, and driving at 40-45 mph on John Young in the 55 zone there has become the norm too sadly

I miss 2009 Orlando, where I could just jump on I-4 (or 417 or whatever highway I used) set the cruise at 70 and just relax until I go to my destination
Yup. The economy has improved since 09 to a degree and that has lead to more traffic on Orlando roads. The 528 can be really obnoxious, along with that stretch of I-4 where it breaks off near sand lake rd. People drive quite slow on the 528 into and out of I-4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando