Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times

Advertisements

Watched the video on Orlando Sentinel, they seem to have a real following. Hey if they bring more money and jobs to the community and give people a sense of nostalgia I'm all for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 PM

57 posts, read 158,628 times
Well, today was opening day for the Wawa on Central Florida Parkway, right around the Seaworld entrance!

That being said, my family decided that since we got a free coupon for a smoothie/frap, we could go and get a few drinks at the new Wawa. My father was all, "Oh, it's just a gas station, it shouldn't be that busy, even on opening day."

And boy, were we wrong.

This place has a HUGE following. It was hard just finding a parking spot!

We got back about thirty minutes ago, and the place probably is still as jam packed as it was when we were there. It's was so crowded in there, you could barely see the counter where they were making the sandwiches, of which was a fairly decent size. They also had these huge monitors displaying food at the top. Really neat for a gas station!

Some key things I noticed:

-It's fairly large, compared to most gas station stores, would be roomy if not for the crowd.
-Doesn't contain their brand of dairy products with the exception of their creamer, at the moment anyway.
-The booze is actually in its own separate little room that you can walk into, kind of threw me off at first, but makes it roomier.
-Lots of displays of snacks throughout.
-They have a display for their Sizzlis.
-Two coffee areas, one I think is for hot beverages which is right by the display of sweet baked goods, and another which contains a slurpee machine which is for general coffee, I believe.
-The bakery display, albeit small, had VERY fresh looking donuts and these huge croissants. Looked scrumptious!
-Has free air pump at the gas station portion.
-Gas pumping area is actually rather spacious and open, very organized.

Definitely give this place a shot if you haven't! I hope to go by there next time when it isn't too crowded to get some of their smoothies, but it looks promising. Maybe not the second coming like some people make it, but the concept is a novelty for this area. I think the people of Orlando will really appreciate it, both tourists and residents, considering just how reliant this place is on car transportation and all. Good going Wawa!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:13 AM

97 posts, read 228,932 times
Thank God for the WaWa opening.

The problems of Orlando are solved.

Northeastern Yankees can now make the claim that Florida is exactly like New Jersey (minus the educated population).

Old 07-23-2012, 10:46 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americandreamdead View Post

Northeastern Yankees can now make the claim that Florida is exactly like New Jersey (minus the educated population).
Now if we can just get you kicked off the forum, Orlando truly will be utopia

Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Now if we can just get you kicked off the forum, Orlando truly will be utopia
Amen to that.

Check your mail. A few wawa freebies the next several weeks like smoothies, coffee drink, and a breakfast sandwich

Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Amen to that.

Check your mail. A few wawa freebies the next several weeks like smoothies, coffee drink, and a breakfast sandwich
The one located on Central Florida Parkway is 10 minutes from my house. Last time I checked the one on John Young near Princeton was just about finished as well. I also know there is one going up in Kissimmee, just forgot where exactly

I will probably get gas at the Wawa this Thursday when I get paid and try one of their sandwiches as well. I have a good friend who is a Philly native I may take him along as well (he is a paraplegic so it will be good for him to get out of the house)

Either way, I'm looking forward to this. I'm from the NE as well but Wawa doesnt extend that far where I'm from (Connecticut) everybody there goes to Cumberland Farms

Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 PM

57 posts, read 158,628 times
Definitely worth a trip, especially with the freebies.

Well, it's now thinned out and not as crowded in there, we were able to get some smoothies and fraps, yum! Definitely a good time to go and check out if you want to use the coupons at the CFP location.

Their smoothies are QUITE good. They are on the natural side, not sugar sweet at all. Their mango one is thick and luscious, pineapple-guava is surprisingly a bit thinner than I'd imagine, but also good! Superfruit is all berries and is actually great for someone who prefers their smoothies with less of a sugary taste, very very mild.

What I really enjoyed was the frappuccino, though! Has a nice, strong coffee aftertaste that lingers in your mouth after the initial rush of milk, although it's not bitter at all. Just one sip and it's heaven! Compared to Starbucks, I'd say it has more of a bite, whereas I find Starbucks to be mild on the coffee side when it comes to their fraps. A little pricey at 3 dollars for a 12 oz cup though.

Mom says at her work some people have tried the sandwiches and they are good!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 PM

214 posts, read 468,120 times
yes... but the big question is: Do they carry tastycakes?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 PM

167 posts, read 409,494 times
Jeez. I went to the Wawa on Goldenrod tonight around 7 pm and barely got a parking spot. Then I walked in and there were so many people I just walked out. I thought the buzz would have chilled out by now.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:14 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,253,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekochan999 View Post
yes... but the big question is: Do they carry tastycakes?
Sadly Tastykakes are nothing like they used to be. You can find them at Publix if you really want to, but they have gone straight to the toilet since they were bought out in the last 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandreamdead View Post

WaWa is more of a Philly thing, and we dislike all things Yankees. We prefer the term "winners".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando