Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,005 times

Advertisements

I have question is WATERFORD CHASE PARKWAY a good area to live. My family lives in Las Vegas ad we are planning to move to Orlando or near Orlando. We are looking for a safe, nice, quiet area with safe schools, good schools and not too far from the beach. Maybe between 45 to 20 minutes away from the beach.
Another question, is the heat worse than it is here in Vegas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,120,494 times
Yeah the area is decent. If you want quieter, Oviedo, Lake Nona and Winter Springs are better in the same general eastside area, but the area is decent. It is packed with amenities, but there is just a lot of traffic and agressive driving. There is a large student population as well.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM

The heat is just different. Humidity makes the heat harder to do physical activity in, but it is less dehydrating than Vegas. I think it is better for your skin but it will make you sweat. Vegas gets much cooler than Orlando in the winter and at night though.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:05 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,273,515 times
What about the Deltona or Kissimmee areas? I've heard mixed reviews of the places... very mixed they either love them or hate them...

Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 AM

30 posts, read 94,226 times
Yes, Windermere and Winter Garden are very good places to live, and to raise kids! They are close to Downtown Orlando, and just behind Disney. The prices over there are very low for that area, so this is a great time to make a move. Also, Celebration is wonderful. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
What about the Deltona or Kissimmee areas? I've heard mixed reviews of the places... very mixed they either love them or hate them...
They are ver cheap areas and that is how I would describe them. They are far from the heart of the city and have some dumpy areas. Kissimmee does have some nice areas in the 34747 zip code and east and south of the downtown area. I would just avoid a lot of the central areas of Kissimmee and the Buena Ventura Lakes area (34743). The areas close to Hunters Creek get nicer.

I do not know much about Deltona except that there is nothing up there but homes and Deland and Debary are nicer. Winter Springs, Longwood, Lake Mary and the western parts of Sanford are all better options IMO than Deltona.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,670 times
How is the southeast side of Orlando, for raising children?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC2OC View Post
I bought a big house in South Winter Garden just North of Windermere in a brand new development. I have two young children and I think the area is quite nice. There will be a new open air mall built next year which will being convenience to shopping etc.
We are moving to Orlando area and would love to know what do you think now about Winter Garden or other areas.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,832,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiPI View Post
We are moving to Orlando area and would love to know what do you think now about Winter Garden or other areas.
This thread is two years old. You would be better off starting a new one with specific questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando