Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 PM

511 posts, read 854,722 times

Advertisements

Yes and lucky for you, you got a lot more education and perspective but of course a predictably, irresponsible, blinkered response instead..

Sorry but the OP was a perfect example of your blinkered naivety in the first place which set up the rest of the thread and instead of taking the information on board appreciating it and putting it into practice and giving others around you and your adopted pet the consideration they deserve, you went out of your way to deny and defend it, you get defensive, display denial and crawl up into a shell, well done.

Pets are like children and they seldom know what is good for them that's their parents and the owners job and again like children they may protest at first as that's their nature when limits are imposed but, just like you hopefully wouldn't allow your children to vandalize your neighbors property or do other behaviors that may harm them or someone else the same applies to your pets, it's really just that simple and not the slightest bit judgmental as some would like to suggest..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Exactly, which is why they're referred to by definition as domesticated animals or pets. "Domesticated" doesn't refer to free-roaming last I checked.
Here's a thought to ponder . Since these formerly domesticated cats that have now become nuisance feral cats are a manifestation of mankind and didn't exist in nature before, how is it that they now exist in the first place? I.E. what was the reason we now have the problem?

Originally irresponsible and/or lazy cat owners maybe?

Rhetorical question BTW...

Old 06-19-2012, 05:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
Here's a thought to ponder . Since these formerly domesticated cats that have now become nuisance feral cats are a manifestation of mankind and didn't exist in nature before, how is it that they now exist in the first place? I.E. what was the reason we now have the problem?

Originally irresponsible and/or lazy cat owners maybe?

Rhetorical question BTW...
Pretty much......It sickens me that there are humans (term used loosely) who find it perfectly normal to dispose of cats (and in the rare instance dogs) like they would a piece of garbage.

Also how difficult is it to have a pet spayed/neutered when there are low cost/no cost options if the proverbial argument is the cost is too high? Particularly when said individuals have and can somehow afford most consumer goods without the same argument.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Pretty much......It sickens me that there are humans (term used loosely) who find it perfectly normal to dispose of cats (and in the rare instance dogs) like they would a piece of garbage.

Also how difficult is it to have a pet spayed/neutered when there are low cost/no cost options if the proverbial argument is the cost is too high? Particularly when said individuals have and can somehow afford most consumer goods without the same argument.
Yep, just got our princess kitty spayed a few weeks ago, she still has little hair on her side and she never had a litter we kept her indoors and put up with her constant heat meows for over a year when she came into heat until we could afford it and every stray Tom in the neighborhood spraying all over the outside of our house so much we can hardly open the windows it smells so bad, wash it and they refresh it the next night. Our male was neutered last year and I guarantee under our circumstances here we are in a much worse position to afford that then most owners back there...

Our new princess is too young for spaying at this point may have to do that back home when we get there.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 PM

288 posts, read 734,035 times
My cat was a stray, not feral, and it was always hanging around the house when we bought it, sleeping on the patio, etc. I think that it was just left behind when someone moved from around there because he was found to be neutered the first time I took him to the vet. I asked around the neighborhood and no one knew who he might have belonged to. If other wildlife were keeping down the rodent population then this cat wouldn't be finding so many. I'm sorry I ever asked the question. Thanks for your replies, end of story.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:28 PM

hmmm , Sorry you didn't get what you seek, I just love it when someone posts a question and recoils at the answers they get that aren't what they're hoping for when people take the time to respond honestly and informatively..

I'm guessing you haven't looked up the definition of "feral" before your post and just because your cat catches a few rodents doesn't mean the other animals weren't/aren't doing their part, only now they don't have as much food available in the wild and soon you'll be posting a thread about WHY there are so many snakes around suddenly as they're trying to find food of their own.

Last edited by HomesickFloridian; 06-19-2012 at 11:39 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 06:59 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,417 times
Strange...I've owned cats off and on throughout my life, and I have yet to see or hear of one scratching up somebody's car. Cats like to scratch things that they can dig their claws into, and metal isn't it!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Strange...I've owned cats off and on throughout my life, and I have yet to see or hear of one scratching up somebody's car. Cats like to scratch things that they can dig their claws into, and metal isn't it!
Oh yes, like you'd actually here about it?? I mean it's a common every day topic for conversation!

And when they jump on a slippery surface like a waxed car for example their natural instinct is to put out their claws to grab a hold and not fall off but I guess that's too obvious to be easily understood? Good lord ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando