Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:41 PM

19 posts, read 74,240 times

Advertisements

Hey! I know this is probably the most random question anyone has ever seen, but my mom has really been bugging me to find areas in Orlando which have a lot of Pakistani/Indian people. We're currently on vacation here in Orlando and we're planning on making a move here soon but my mom wants to be in an are that is near lots of Pakistani/Indian shops and people. Any idea where these areas may be? Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,215,836 times
Better luck posting in the Orlando forum.

Specific areas might include OBT (for stores and restaurants), Dr Phillips, Oveido/Casselberry, Winter Park

Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
For some reason the Pakistani/Indian culture hasnt really caught on in Florida,you might find an Indian grocery store scattered here and there or the rare Indian restaurant but thats about it,its going to be nothing even close to the Toronto scene.On a recent trip to Floridas west coast i decided to make Mom and Dad a nice Chicken Curry, the closest i came to the needed ingredients was a bottle of Curry powder at Walmart.
While you are still in Toronto i'd inquire through the Indian community there about Indian and Pakistani enclaves in Florida.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-17-2012 at 02:59 AM..

Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,807,550 times
There is no IndoPak community in Orlando.

Do you have immigration sorted? You can't just "move here." Where will you be working? Maybe worry about finding a job before a place to live.

By the way, living here and vacationing here are night and day.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:46 PM

19 posts, read 74,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post

Do you have immigration sorted? You can't just "move here." Where will you be working? Maybe worry about finding a job before a place to live.

By the way, living here and vacationing here are night and day.
CONGRATULATIONS SIR!!! YOU ARE THE ONE MILLIONTH PERSON TO TELL ME THAT!!!! -_- (Sorry I'm just like that... No offense)

Actually I came to the US a year ago and we loved it and decided to to immigrate. We got all the information on immigration and went back to Florida in the Winter and purchased a home. We now own a home in Florida and my dad is planning on opening up a business in Florida because he meets the requirements to open a business in Florida. I'm only 16 but if my dad's business doesn't work out too well I plan on coming to the US to study at ERAU...

And no we wouldn't just move here like the 20 million illegal immigrants you have in the States. We may own a home but we are going to immigrate legally (Hopefully through the business route).

Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 AM

27 posts, read 101,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamzaTheSpartan117 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS SIR!!! YOU ARE THE ONE MILLIONTH PERSON TO TELL ME THAT!!!! -_- (Sorry I'm just like that... No offense)

Actually I came to the US a year ago and we loved it and decided to to immigrate. We got all the information on immigration and went back to Florida in the Winter and purchased a home. We now own a home in Florida and my dad is planning on opening up a business in Florida because he meets the requirements to open a business in Florida. I'm only 16 but if my dad's business doesn't work out too well I plan on coming to the US to study at ERAU...

And no we wouldn't just move here like the 20 million illegal immigrants you have in the States. We may own a home but we are going to immigrate legally (Hopefully through the business route).
I like you

Old 08-03-2012, 07:41 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,807,550 times
I hope you realize that owning a business is no guarantee of getting or having a visa renewed. i know personally four couples who were denied renewals despite having BRICK AND MORTAR businesses that employed US citizens. They had to sell the businesses and their homes and return to their country of citizenship. I've heard of a dozen others that had lawn care and property management companies that were sent back home.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,175,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamzaTheSpartan117 View Post
Hey! I know this is probably the most random question anyone has ever seen, but my mom has really been bugging me to find areas in Orlando which have a lot of Pakistani/Indian people. We're currently on vacation here in Orlando and we're planning on making a move here soon but my mom wants to be in an are that is near lots of Pakistani/Indian shops and people. Any idea where these areas may be? Any help would be appreciated!
The closes thing I know to Indian community is South OBT and Lancaster Road area. In and around the area there are Indian shops, movie stores, and 1 or 2 eateries. But that is all I know of. Population clusters don't exist in Orlando as I know of.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:59 AM

4 posts, read 8,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I hope you realize that owning a business is no guarantee of getting or having a visa renewed. i know personally four couples who were denied renewals despite having BRICK AND MORTAR businesses that employed US citizens. They had to sell the businesses and their homes and return to their country of citizenship. I've heard of a dozen others that had lawn care and property management companies that were sent back home.
Hi. I came across this thread while looking for information about coming to Orlando on business visa. This comment has made me consider the fact that I may not get my visa renewed despite the fact that my business is doing well and l have employed US citizens. Do you know if there was some specific issue with these families who had to move back? I mean in terms of the amount of capital invested in their business? Number of US employees? etc. I believe there are a number of factors which are considered when visa renewal applications are made. Any thoughts?
Regards

Old 05-28-2018, 08:43 AM

24,323 posts, read 26,701,005 times
I would talk to an immigration lawyer with good reviews. Start by doing a google search and only choose one with great reviews as there are a lot of shady ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando