Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:24 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times

Advertisements

Newark beats Orando hands down! Camden, NJ is even worse! There are some parts of Chicago that are really bad too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 PM

239 posts, read 799,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
Newark beats Orando hands down! Camden, NJ is even worse! There are some parts of Chicago that are really bad too.

Orlando has big city crime, traffic and corruption...without the benefit of the big city! It's like the worst of both worlds.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
raleigh and charlotte are both nice. i like lake norman outside of charlotte. a lot of floridians in the charlotte area. dont know much about raliegh
Raleigh is more liberal(Well, really more moderate)/transplant oriented. Charlotte is a little more Southern. This has been my impression anyway, but I find Raleigh to be socially quite dynamic and to generally offer a higher quality of life,less traffic,and far better schools. So BORING, more good place for a young family, although Chapel Hill/Carrboro have a very active music scene! Keep in mind that NC has a worse problem with illegal immigration than Florida though, and this is obvious in Charlotte and Raleigh.

I dunno, but something about Charlotte reminds me of Orlando...and from what I understand the crime rate there is worse.

Chester County Drawing Attention To Gang Problem - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Tiny Chester County,SC (33,228) has 23 gangs. For comparisons sake, Broward County with 1.8 million people has 28 gangs. Granted, we have a low ratio of gangs for our size,but that's saying a lot. Not sure about Orange County, but I'm sure its about the same as Mecklenberg.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 10-01-2007 at 08:05 PM..

Old 10-01-2007, 08:04 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
ft lauderdale, some parts of sc have a crime problem for sure. not sure where chester co is, but with a name like "chester," it kinda makes you wonder. charlotte is much bigger than orlando, but the ppl are friendlier, and there are more floridians there than in orlando!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:07 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
ft lauderdale, some parts of sc have a crime problem for sure. not sure where chester co is, but with a name like "chester," it kinda makes you wonder. charlotte is much bigger than orlando, but the ppl are friendlier, and there are more floridians there than in orlando!!!
796,372 people in Mecklenburg. I agree that people are a lot friendlier, but Charlotte does certainly have its fair share of problems. All and all I would rather live in Jacksonville than Charlotte area.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 PM

jax vs. charlotte... that's a pretty good match-up. i think, aesthetically, charlotte looks better and ppl may be a tad nicer. i think charlotte's economy as well as job situation is a bit better, but jax has the beaches, so it's hard to decide. i would give the slight edge to charlotte.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM

27 posts, read 102,655 times
Move out of the downtown area then. Please.

If all of you moved then we could be happier people.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
You've got that right!! You couldn't pay me to go to Camden but 20 minutes south is pure heaven

Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 PM

how does my unhappiness affect you? just curious.

i'm not one of these criminals, or bad/rude/aggressive drivers or spanish speaking only folks. i am a born floridian. it was ppl like that were here when most of fla was an awesome place to live. if this town had more ppl like me, most wouldnt be so unhappy in orlando.

who said i lived in downtown? i live in the avalon park/stoneybrook/waterford lakes areas. we got break-ins, cars stolen out of driveways, strong arm robberies at mcdonalds on avalon pk boulevard. i'm not the one doing this kind of garbage. it is the good ppl like my wife and i, among others, that are looking to get out while the rude and aggressive from nj/nj/puerto-rico move in...

Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 PM

14 posts, read 121,272 times
Quote:
how does my unhappiness affect you? just curious.

i'm not one of these criminals, or bad/rude/aggressive drivers or spanish speaking only folks. i am a born floridian. it was ppl like that were here when most of fla was an awesome place to live. if this town had more ppl like me, most wouldnt be so unhappy in orlando.

who said i lived in downtown? i live in the avalon park/stoneybrook/waterford lakes areas. we got break-ins, cars stolen out of driveways, strong arm robberies at mcdonalds on avalon pk boulevard. i'm not the one doing this kind of garbage. it is the good ppl like my wife and i, among others, that are looking to get out while the rude and aggressive from nj/nj/puerto-rico move in...
Remember that when you move to a more quiet, safer venue for you and yours, you will one day be subjected to the same vitriol about "ruining" an area the minute you open your mouth about being a native Floridian. Drive up to western NC, and tell everyone you see you're from O'town. You'll get quite the welcome! Areas are ruined by density, not diversity. Of course our quality of life is shot, but it's all relative. To the guy coming from Queens this is paradise. You, like me, are tortured by memories of days past in central Florida. The only thing you can do is rant or vote with your feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando