Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,189,627 times

Advertisements

i visited family in nc last week, and again i was so suprised how nice ppl are. the total opposite of orlando. i met a woman in the motel from orlando, who was visiting also. we talked and she told me that ppl in orlando are so mean and rude. she was a fla born woman who had been living in charlotte nc before her husband transfered to orlando. when someone comes from a city of 700k+ ppl (charlotte) and tells me how much nicer ppl are and how rude ppl are in orlando (180k) it really raises some eyebrows.

it was funny b/c i was talking about how rude and aggressive ppl are here and she was saying things very similar as if she were taking the words right out of my mouth. she wasnt happy in orlando, i could tell. she said native floridians are hard to find in orlando and everyone is from ny.

it really made me think of how much better other places are.

oh, i also wanted to mention that the 2nd car i saw when i got back to orlando had a "ny-rican" sticker on it. then i saw a man in the shopping center blow right threw a stop-sign. and then, at the gas station, a hispanic man pulled out of the gas station (in avalon park mind you) and squeeled his tires like he was running for his life or something. no reason to do that at all, and there's kids and other ppl walking/jogging/playing in these areas. after seeing this, i knew i was back in orlando. yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 PM

266 posts, read 1,158,051 times
Yeah, I know. Isn't it awful. Nobody in Orlando has any manners, nobody cares anymore. I can't wait to move someplace where somebody cares. Orlando is the worst slimepit on the face of the earth. Everywhere I go, everybody I meet is so much nicer,gentler, kinder than anybody in Orlando. I don't know why anybody would want to live in such mean, nasty, rude place.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM

266 posts, read 1,158,051 times
Ok...before anybody flames me....the above was done 'tongue in cheek'!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM

it's not the worst, but ppl are much friendlier other places.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:56 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,800,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
Name some places that are worse .

Old 10-01-2007, 03:13 PM

239 posts, read 796,539 times
Quote:
I spent 6 days in Tampa last month.

My friend, people are actually nicer 80 miles West of here! From the hotel we were staying in to to the restaurants and stores - people were much nicer. I don't mean down-home southern charm, I just mean civilized. I don't think there are nicer people in other places, I think Orlando is just filled with rude people. It's strange. Must just be the economy and types of jobs that attract lesser educated, almost subhuman life forms down here.

BTW, I'm planning a trip to Charlotte, Greensboro and Winston-Salem at the first of the year. It's our first step toward moving out of this trashy, WIC/food stamp receiving, section 8, non-English speaking town filled with people who leech from proper society.

For a town like Orlando with so many cultures represented, I'm surprised at how little culture actualy exists (unless you consider a $1,200 Honda Civic with $3,000 worth of rims and a NY/PR flag to be considered a work of art).

I'll trade a $350k, 1200 sq ft stucco box 2 miles from the ghetto for a $260k 2800 sq ft traditional colonial home in a nice neighborhood any day. On top of that, add an additional $19k to my wife's salary and about $11k to mine for doing the exact same job as in Orlando, and I'll be ahead of the game big time!

And before everyone gets all up in arms, I'm not talking about Seminole County and the 20 mile+ outlying burbs. I'm talking about Orlando.

Flame on...

Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Tampa has some of the most down to earth, and generally nice people I have encountered. I don't know why it ever gets a bad rep people-wise.

Greensboro is trashier than Orlando, just in a different way. We had it narrowed down to Greensboro, Atlanta, or Fort Lauderdale (I know, I know...) from Orlando and...yeah.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:17 PM

stupidflanders, look at some smaller towns outside of charlotte. you wont want to come back to orlando.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:19 PM

ft lauderdale,

what up gringo? hahaha brushin up on my espanol here in puert-orlando

some towns worse than orlando: miami, new orleans, memphis, detroit, newark

Old 10-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
ft lauderdale,

what up gringo? hahaha brushin up on my espanol here in puert-orlando

some towns worse than orlando: miami, new orleans, memphis, detroit, newark
I haven't been called a gringo here (yet), although I have in Miami, save that story for another time. Hows it goin white boy? I b brushin up on dem ebonix too holmes hahahahah

Agree with the list . God Newark and Detroit are dumps! How about Fort Lauderdale and Tampa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando