Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times

Advertisements

I'm going to sit back and wait for this media created chaos settles down. And go back to eating there as much as I always did.

Which is once every couple of months.

Personally I'm tired of hearing about it.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
I'm all about supporting the rights of the people to have the 'Kiss off' today and to those who back Chick-fil-a and their supporters who oppose Gay marriage. Why, because it is people freely expressing they're beliefs. Radical extremism will never garner support as History has shown. Peacefull, logical debate will eventually prevail in the long run.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM

97 posts, read 228,953 times
Why does Chik-Fil-A employ no black people?

I would think that would cause more of a riot.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americandreamdead View Post
Why does Chik-Fil-A employ no black people?

I would think that would cause more of a riot.
More astounding, how do people actually enjoy eating that deep fried cra p

Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,510,428 times
Consumers are all free to make their own choices regarding where they will put their money. If people want to pour their cash into a company that is known for donating large sums of money to hate groups, so be it. I will never understand it, personally. I won't be eating there any time soon, if ever.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM

97 posts, read 228,953 times
And people here call me a hater.

Nice to know there are many here including the OP that will do business with a company that blatantly discriminates against groups of people for their sexual habits.

More typical backwoods, small town Orlando behavior.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americandreamdead View Post
And people here call me a hater.

Nice to know there are many here including the OP that will do business with a company that blatantly discriminates against groups of people for their sexual habits.

More typical backwoods, small town Orlando behavior.
Not that I ever thought that I'd be quoting you but really.....This is Orlando backwoods why? Never mind, look who I'm quoting.

Let's get some facts straight because the media is counting on people like yourself to spread lies and make stuff up to feed the ill informed. Thus making bigger headlines.

At no time did the owner of Chick Fil a say he hated gay people. He said he did not support Gay marriage.
He at no time said he would not serve, hire or associate with gays.
He said he did not support Gay marriage.

That's his choice, his freedom and his right. Just like everyone else has a choice, freedom and right to support gay marriage.

If you disagree with him because he does not support Gay marriage then don't spend your money in his store. It's just that simple.

What most people feeding into this stupidity believe is the people who don't support Gay marriage, hate gays. That just isn't true.

This is the last I'm feeding into this thread.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,510,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Not that I ever thought that I'd be quoting you but really.....This is Orlando backwoods why? Never mind, look who I'm quoting.

Let's get some facts straight because the media is counting on people like yourself to spread lies and make stuff up to feed the ill informed. Thus making bigger headlines.

At no time did the owner of Chick Fil a say he hated gay people. He said he did not support Gay marriage.
He at no time said he would not serve, hire or associate with gays.
He said he did not support Gay marriage.

That's his choice, his freedom and his right. Just like everyone else has a choice, freedom and right to support gay marriage.

If you disagree with him because he does not support Gay marriage then don't spend your money in his store. It's just that simple.

What most people feeding into this stupidity believe is the people who don't support Gay marriage, hate gays. That just isn't true.

This is the last I'm feeding into this thread.
If you read this article, you can see that it is so much more than Dan Cathy simply stating he doesn't support gay marriage: David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

He doesn't just have an opinion on the matter. The money his company makes thanks to consumers is donated to groups like The Family Research Council, which is known for having an incredibly hateful stance against the LGBT community. Dan and Truett Cathy may not have said they hate LGBT people, but their actions sure do. Boycotting this company is not an act of stupidity. It is an effort to try and stop the hate that seems to plague this county.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,703 times
Need to get a large group of gay people to go and then they could order a bunch of food and sit in the booths and make out.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:17 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Need to get a large group of gay people to go and then they could order a bunch of food and sit in the booths and make out.
What a stupid idea.

Why would any self-respecting adult sit in a booth and make out like a high school kid--regardless of sexual orientation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando