U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,189 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on going to Halloween Horror Nights and I had a few questions to any of the seasoned visitors out there. I've been before, but I wasn't properly prepared. I had a great time even just going through two houses but I know there were tons of great things I didn't get to see. It was so crowded and the lines were 2-3 hours each! This time, however, I want to prepare! I want to get the full experience and make every house! That is where I need your help.

If you would please take the time to answer a few questions, I sure would be grateful!

It seems that Express Passes are a definite MUST - especially if you're going during the weekend. I'll be arming myself with one of those for sure. My first question is how long are the wait times with Express Passes generally? I've seen people saying they range from 5-10 minutes to 40! If the regular line is 2-3 hours, how long will I be expected to wait in the Express Pass lane?

My second question is when would the best night be to go? I know that the further into October the more people, but I just don't think I'd have as much fun unless I go sometime closer to Halloween. I was considering the 26th (which would be a Friday). It wasn't listed as one of their "peak" days and it's one of the days that the park says it'll be open until 2am. Would this be wise?

With all of these factors in mind, and based on your own experiences, will I be able to make it through all off the houses? This is the most important question to me!

I really want to be able to see and appreciate everything this year, especially with The Walking Dead and Silent Hill themes. I would appreciate any other information you're willing to give as well - tips and tricks to make it through or anything else you find important to mention! Thank you for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 PM

570 posts, read 998,506 times
Go on the VIP haunted tour. It's a private showing with a host g. roup of no more than 15ppl I believe. You skip in front of everyone including the ones that think they're special with fastpass. The host gives you a background of the haunted houses, history of it, explains the year's theme at a clubhouse then you go on a guided tour. Guaranteed to see all the haunted house and repeat if there's time left over.

It was worth it. A bit $ but I wouldn't go any other way.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM

11,828 posts, read 26,816,107 times
It is best to go during the week. Skip the first and last weeks. Get there at 6PM and when the gates open head to the back of the park and start with those houses. We never get the express pass and where able to get through 4-5 houses. The first 1-2 houses usually don't have a wait. The second and third maybe a 30-40 min wait and the others are generally 45 min to 1 hr. There are a few that maybe 1 1/2 hrs. Ask before you go so you know which ones are the best and the ones not worth it.

Good luck!

Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
you mean the HALLOWEEN re-release? 1987 classic?
[url=http://video-player-software.blogspot.com/2012/09/best-halloween-movies-for-holy-night.html]Multimedia News & Viewing Tips: Best Halloween Movies for the Holy Night and on DVD/BD[/url]

Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 3,278,954 times
I've gone to like 17 of the 21 years and haven't missed a year since like 1996.For the last ten years or so I only go on Wednesdays,Thursdays and Sundays,also I don't feel the need to go close to Halloween,the earlier you go in the month the smaller the crowds and the more enjoyable time you'll have with 20-40 minute waits versus 1-2 hour waits.Also if you're going to the park during the day go into the Stay and Scream area where you will be able to do 2-3 houses with little to no wait before the mob of people waiting at the front gates is let in the park.If you're not doing the park during the day they do have a ticket for $20 that allows you entrance to the park at 3pm so you will get access to the Stay and Scream area at 5pm when the park closes.This year I'm breaking all my rules as I'm going with people who can only go on one of the busiest Saturdays,I'm hoping we somehow are able to get the houses done along with the Bill and Ted show as I'm not paying $100 for the express passes which is what they cost that night.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:14 AM

511 posts, read 727,001 times
Where is this located please? and How much does it cost in general? My boys have never had a real Halloween or any Halloween for that matter and we will back in the states on the 29th and once recovered from jet lag I really would love to bring them to something like this..

Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 AM

163 posts, read 394,494 times
Is it just me (and Ive been to Halloween Horror Nights on 2 separate occasions) or is the idea of paying 70 dollars to wait 2 hours or more to walk through a haunted house just ridiculous? I like theme parks and everything, but HHN is a complete waste. Not only do you have to wait hours to walk through a haunted house but you are stuck in line with absolute trash who act like they've never been out in public before and when they drink its even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando