Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,678 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

My husband and I just moved to Polk county from overseas. We are currently renting an apartment in Cypress Gardens but we are looking to buy a home. We have been looking for quite some time...about a year. We looked when we came on vacation.

We are a bit confused as to all the builders, Southern Homes, Cassidy, Bowen Family homes, Adam homes, Highland homes etc. Its hard to tell where price meets quality. We are looking for about a 2500 living space home 3 or 4 bedrooms and 2 or 3 baths. My husband works in Lakeland and I work in Haines City so we would like something in between maybe.

We are looking to spend around $250,000. If any one has any suggestions on the home builders it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 AM

561 posts, read 1,923,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather24 View Post
Hi there,

My husband and I just moved to Polk county from overseas. We are currently renting an apartment in Cypress Gardens but we are looking to buy a home. We have been looking for quite some time...about a year. We looked when we came on vacation.

We are a bit confused as to all the builders, Southern Homes, Cassidy, Bowen Family homes, Adam homes, Highland homes etc. Its hard to tell where price meets quality. We are looking for about a 2500 living space home 3 or 4 bedrooms and 2 or 3 baths. My husband works in Lakeland and I work in Haines City so we would like something in between maybe.

We are looking to spend around $250,000. If any one has any suggestions on the home builders it would be greatly appreciated.

Adams Homes - Lakeland - Berkley Ridge

Adams Homes - Lakeland - Dove's View

Maronda Homes - Quality New Home Construction in Tampa, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Cincinnati, Melbourne, Jacksonville, Columbus, Winter Haven, Ocala <-- they have homes in Berkley Ridge and Berkley Reserve

Auburn Preserve in Auburndale New Homes by Lennar (http://www.lennar.com/findhome/community.aspx?COMID=7233&DIVID=TMHLEN - broken link) <-- They also have a community called Auburn Reserve close by as well.

These new communities start from the 160's. They range from around 1350 square feet of living space (3,2,2), and go up to just over 3000 square feet (5,3 1/2, 2). I think some of the bigger homes are around 2700-3100 square feet and are around $217K - around $250K. These communities are all located in North Auburndale about 2 miles from I-4, and 5 miles from RTE 92. There is a lot of growth happening in Auburndale right now despite the market situation. It is a very central location being 10 minutes from Lakeland, 30 minutes from Disney, 40 minutes from Orlando, and 45 minutes from Tampa. I think you may be about 15 minutes from Haines City as well.

Let me know if you want any addidtional information.

Last edited by markhunt; 10-08-2007 at 05:51 AM..

Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,865 times
I have done alot of reasearch on the area and the Builders in the area ( we were going to move to WH but with the house market we scrapped that idea FOR NOW)
Any way Winter Haven Is Very nice area,
there are two Newwer Subs On winter lake road ( 540) One is Called Normandy Heights and is Adams homes and Highland Homes ( not bad builders) the other sub is something lIke "lake Sears: just down the road..All Southern Homes and the higher end southern homes...Very Close to the Polk Parkway for easy Commute to lakeland. and easy commute to haines cit.
There is some newish neighborhoods On Thompson Nursery Rd ( Se winter haven) There is a developement Called Mandolin and it has 3 builders in it and its gated,Cassidy , Adams and Highland..Now Before you buy Please please Check that the place you choose don't have "extra Fees" yrly up keep ontop of your HOA...and try to stay away from anyof them that they either sell to Investors or you see alot of For rent signs ( always seem to bring the riff raff)
You can Pm if you want any further info...
Good Luck ...
And you should really Check out Auburndale...its got that small town feel....I love it there and If we ever sell our house ..I think we will end up there as oppsed to winter haven

Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 PM

13 posts, read 42,500 times
Default Tower View Estates

I purchased in Haines City. This is a great area and i love the people. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather24 View Post
Hi there,

Old 12-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Tower View Estates - Haines city

I purchased my home in tower view estates in haines city. i love my home and the people here. good luck looking.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 12,587 times
stay away from HOA'S . You can get a nice home for that price. Moderator cut: email Good Luck!
Heather

Last edited by Keeper; 12-31-2007 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: removed realtor email

Old 01-02-2008, 11:23 AM

523 posts, read 2,830,007 times
Right now you can get one 2500 sq feet for about 190,000. in North Lakeland. We are happy with our Bowen home. We live in Highpointe North, 6miles from Lakeland Mall.
Prices have come way down, now is time to buy, they will go up soon. The 2 story model was 240 a year ago. We only pay 250 yr hoa, and no cdds.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 PM

17 posts, read 52,524 times
Hi.
I have just been looking at Tower View estates which is mentioned above. The builders are Bowen Family Homes, any good?
Good to see positive happy info comming out from Orlando group!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Default Tower View Estates . . . Haines city

Yes. I purchased a home from Bowen Family homes in Tower View estates in haines city. This is a super area. I have been here 1 year and the builder does a super job on the homes. they keep the subdivision up very nice and really do what they have said they would do. They have some super prices for the type of home they build. Maranda is near Tower View but the home they build is junk. large homes but junk after 1 year. We are glad we purchased from Bowen. Bowen Family Homes is a super builder in Haines city. Good luck in finding a home. let me know if your purchase in Tower view we can be neibors.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:25 AM

55 posts, read 233,919 times
You could try Southern Dunes very nice, just outside Haines City. I have a house there nice people in our street. Great Golf course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando