Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM

160 posts, read 554,687 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any information in regards to Cumberland Park or Discovery Palms “Condos”. I was in the area this Monday and stopped in to check out Discovery Palms. They suggested I also check Cumberland Park. I had been hesitant to even acknowledge that place even existed due to the ratings on Apartment Ratings. The majority of the complains being centered around Disney having leased part of the buildings and having College Program Kids there. They explained that the deal with Disney ended a few months back so I should check it out.

I went across the street and from what I saw it was peaceful there were no loud teenagers running around. I actually only saw two people in the gym. Everything looked clean they also have really nice amenities if your into stuff like that. My question is how can this place get 15%?? Does anyone here live at either property? Can anyone share any stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 PM

388 posts, read 790,715 times
I had a friend that lived in Cumberland Park, and she thought it was ok, albeit expensive. She heard her neighbor upstairs often, but he was overweight. I've been to the complex a couple times, and I think it's one of the better places to live in that area. As far as I know, she had no issues with Disney CM's. Considering what they ask for rent, it's almost out of reach for most CM's anyway.

If you're looking in that area and don't mind being a little further away from Disney, I would check out the district for a bit more a month.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:21 PM

The Property is called "the District"?

I notice one of the main complains is the cost of rent at Cumberland. Since I am new to the area what is the average rent? Im coming from Miami and for the amenities/property I think Cumberland is a bargain.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:27 PM

388 posts, read 790,715 times
Where are you going to be working? If you're working for Disney/Sea World or in that immediate area, than cumberland park might be a good choice. If you're not, I wouldn't want to live over there. There's too much tourist activity, as you are right on I Drive. What is your budget for rent?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Im looking for a 2/2 for less then $1300

Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,255 times
Hey,

where did you finally ended up?

I liked cumberland, but on apartment rating they have very bad ratings.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 PM

Still undecided leaning towards Discovery only because the rent is less. I have visited both property's. Still can't for the life of me understand why the ratings are so bad at Cumberland. Have you visited them yet?

Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Love Discovery Palms!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando