Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 AM

160 posts, read 553,269 times

Advertisements

I am debating if the additional $100 a month for rent is worth it to live in Celebration. I am looking at a 2/2 in the Downtown Area of Celebration. Is there any reason I should avoid Celebration? Only reason I can think of is that I will see a lot of tourist walking around and visiting. Im thinking of positives like parks,areas to go for walks/jogs, ability to walk to restuarants/stores, town festivals and events. does anyone live there or go visit someone who lives there? Any reason I should avoid it?

Last edited by Mac4life30; 10-22-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 AM

97 posts, read 227,771 times
It is a magical place where one can see the influence of Disney everywhere.

At any time you may encounter Mickey Mouse strolling the streets.

You also may paint your home one of three approved colors (bland/blander/blandest).

You get to enjoy your neighbors for 1/2 the year as most are snowbirds and/or from out of the country.

And finally you can roll in detergent 'snow' in December in the middle of downtown. Nothing beats that experience.

You can do many things in Celebration - live, work and play.

Ok you can live but unless you work at one of the many real estate offices there are no jobs in the community nor grocery store or movie theater. You'll have to exit to the real world and mix with the riff-raff.

As a bonus, Old Town and the beautiful 192 strip and the 'magic' of Osceola County is just 1/4 mile away!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 AM

388 posts, read 786,863 times
He's right about one thing, and a major pitfall of living there, is it's proximity to 192 and the tourist corridor. Right outside of Celebration it's not so nice to say the least. That being said, I have never lived there and only spent time visiting. I have a friend that quite likes it, but she has a job with Disney.

My gripe is just the location. The traffic in/around that area on I4 can be annoying at times, and if you want do anything east, it could be a nuisance.

Other than that, I think it's a great place to live, albeit an expensive one.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
He's right about one thing, and a major pitfall of living there, is it's proximity to 192 and the tourist corridor. Right outside of Celebration it's not so nice to say the least. That being said, I have never lived there and only spent time visiting. I have a friend that quite likes it, but she has a job with Disney.

My gripe is just the location. The traffic in/around that area on I4 can be annoying at times, and if you want do anything east, it could be a nuisance.

Other than that, I think it's a great place to live, albeit an expensive one.
Not to mention the tourists that want to see "Disney's town" and will drive through at random times.

I personally think there are better places to live in Orlando and you don't have to pay the "celebration" premium for properties there. You don't even have access to a publix within the town's limits.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM

I heard a new Publix was opening up in Celebration?

Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM

35 posts, read 80,135 times
I live in Celebration and really like it. I do not mind seeing the people walking around, in fact I enjoy it. I live in Main Village and can walk to the bank, post office, restaurants and the festivals. A new Publix is opening very soon in the Water Shop Tower complex. They are building a new library. There is easy access to 1-4 and the 417.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalSt View Post
I live in Celebration and really like it. I do not mind seeing the people walking around, in fact I enjoy it. I live in Main Village and can walk to the bank, post office, restaurants and the festivals. A new Publix is opening very soon in the Water Shop Tower complex. They are building a new library. There is easy access to 1-4 and the 417.
Is that area of I4 not always congested? I took the I4 a few months back in the direction of Celebration. It was bumper to bumper between Vineland and the Celebration exit. What do you do if you want to say go shop at Target?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Is that area of I4 not always congested? I took the I4 a few months back in the direction of Celebration. It was bumper to bumper between Vineland and the Celebration exit. What do you do if you want to say go shop at Target?
It can be congested there all the way to 535 and beyond at times

Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 PM

35 posts, read 80,135 times
There's a Target either way on 192 or I take the Osceola Parkway to the Loop or Walmart.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM

428 posts, read 1,076,848 times
We visited often before moving to FL from MI in 2004.
We looked at a lot of homes with Frontgate Realty then chose Baldwin Park in Orlando near Winter Park.
It was Celebration that made up our minds to come to Central FL.
Part of me still would have liked to have gone to Celebration; nice restaurants, nice town and overall wonderfeel feel and a lot of special events.
Since you are only staying a short while why not give it a try?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando