Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:31 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oresident View Post
Where are all the low to medium-skilled workers commuting? I'm just curious...those aren't the type of executive jobs that are largely concentrated in downtown. Is it possible to just move near a low-skill job, which may be anywhere in this big sprawling city, and therefore be relatively near work?
ores
Orlando really doesn't have much of a downtown. Jobs are scattered all over the metro area, with a few areas of concentration such as Winter Park, Maitland, Sanford/Lake Mary areas, the area south of Orlando (Kissimmee etc) having the concentration of most of the middle-class, white-collar type jobs. Downtown Orlando itself really doesn't have alot of stuff anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggz View Post
It is a natural act to comment about and compare where you are and where you came from. So here are some things to consider. In the New York metro area. Home prices are high. Car insurance is High. Rent is High etc.You get nickled and dimed by the city for everything. There are too many people, too much noise. However, if you want to make money. I repeat...If you want to make money. Yes I said. If you want to make money. NEW YORK CITY IS THE PLACE.

You don't need a PHD there to gross 100k Plus. You don't need to be a Doctor to buy a $425,000.00 home. I bought my Benz. I paid CASH. The reason I'm saying this is. New York and Florida. Two entirely different worlds. Each one has it's benefits and downfalls. Where you live (aka: Your position in life) is what it is because of how YOU choose to live it. Location has something to do with it. Yet my vocation is ANY location.

I made nice money living in New York. I've been in Orlando for only three weeks and I see where my next 200K year will be coming from.

nice reply...i usually get some kind of reply like NYC is better because this or that ..or...NYC is tougher because this and that and ..my problems couldnt possibly compare to anyones' in NYC ...even if i lived out of a car down here before....but i am glad to hear a real response from a real New Yorker...you tell it like it is....thank you man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando