Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,248 times

Advertisements

New information has been discovered in the Anthony case.

Casey Anthony detectives overlooked Google search - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
I'm still not sure this would have changed the outcome based on the charges and instructions presented to the jury. It still doesn't prove that she did it.

Do I think she's guilty? Absolutely.

Do I think there's enough evidence to convict on the charges brought--even with this new disclosure? Absolutely not.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
There was a lot more evidence that was surpressed and not presented that would have convicted her than this.

But it makes good headlines so carry on.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 AM

97 posts, read 228,932 times
i know when I am considering relocation to Orlando the status of Casey Anthony is high on my list.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 PM

206 posts, read 414,949 times
We all like to see retribution, justice, etc. But her life is in most ways over. It will never be normal. She isn't costing us taxpayer dollars in the prison system and I don't really worry about her being a threat to the people around her.

Not that we should stop putting people in jail by ANY means - but she's hardly "got away with it." I'll be disgusted if she makes money off of the case but mostly disgusted at society in that event.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 PM

57 posts, read 96,976 times
Anyone catch the Anthony reference during the new Family Guy?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 PM

266 posts, read 402,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm still not sure this would have changed the outcome based on the charges and instructions presented to the jury. It still doesn't prove that she did it.

Do I think she's guilty? Absolutely.

Do I think there's enough evidence to convict on the charges brought--even with this new disclosure? Absolutely not.
Exactly. I watched the entire trial, and of course we know she is guilty. But the whole time I knew what the verdict would be because there just wasn't solid evidence. People saying the jury are idiots, etc. etc. need to grow up a bit. That's the way the justice system works. Of course it's not 100% fair, but those who want equality for other things in life should remember that this is the form of equality the justice system can provide. Innocent until proven guilty. As much as I'm sure the jury hated to vote not guilty, they can't just say "Oh, I just know she did it." The real misfortune here is that there wasn't more evidence available for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: