Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 PM

406 posts, read 1,038,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think that overall the food at Cracker Barrel is better.
I'm not biased that way. I agree, Cracker Barrel has excellent food, but it's a different kind of restaurant. It's an irreverent comparison. I'd love to have calamari at Cracker Barrel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaghoul View Post
I'm not biased that way. I agree, Cracker Barrel has excellent food, but it's a different kind of restaurant. It's an irreverent comparison. I'd love to have calamari at Cracker Barrel.
Cracker Barrel and Cheesecake factory are in the same class--add in Red Lobster for a Trifecta.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Cracker Barrel and Cheesecake factory are in the same class--add in Red Lobster for a Trifecta.
quite frankly, I'd eat at any of those three over olive garden. Talk about the most mass-produced crappy Italian "product" in the world. Pretty much on par with Fazoli's (if you remember those!) IMO

Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
quite frankly, I'd eat at any of those three over olive garden. Talk about the most mass-produced crappy Italian "product" in the world. Pretty much on par with Fazoli's (if you remember those!) IMO
Agreed. I'd rather eat at Wendy's than Olive Garden.

Tijuana Flats is better than any of the above (except breakfast at Cracker Barrel--mmm... apple butter and biscuits...)

Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,507,724 times
Quote:
Agreed. I'd rather eat at Wendy's than Olive Garden.

Tijuana Flats is better than any of the above (except breakfast at Cracker Barrel--mmm... apple butter and biscuits...)
Agree with the Wendy's comment- if I have to eat fast food, that's where I go.

I don't know why people go to Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc. when there are better (and local) restaurants with similar prices. I avoid those unless I'm somehow forced there.. which is rare. My friend drags me to Cheesecake every once in a while if he gets a gift card from family. I much prefer Yellow Dog Eats, Press 101, Bento Cafe (small FL chain), etc.

Although, my guilty pleasure is walking around the Cracker Barrel gift shop

Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,656 times
I don't care for Cracker Barrel or Olive Garden, but I'll eat at Red Lobster when out of town. I love their chocolate cake and cheese bread, and I've never had a problem with my food there. Seafood is always my first choice when eating out, and for a chain, I don't think Red Lobster is bad. I'll choose it over an unknown when out of town (but part of that may be having a few very very bad experiences in seafood restaurants, like being served partially frozen mahi in one place and spoiled crab at another.

In town, though, I always choose local. I actually had a surprisingly great meal at Kingfish Bistro in College Park a couple of weeks ago. I'd read some dodgy reviews, but the mahi picatta and linguini was insanely good. Sadly, the place was mostly empty on a weekend night. I'm not sure they'll be around much longer.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,507,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative35 View Post
I don't care for Cracker Barrel or Olive Garden, but I'll eat at Red Lobster when out of town. I love their chocolate cake and cheese bread, and I've never had a problem with my food there. Seafood is always my first choice when eating out, and for a chain, I don't think Red Lobster is bad. I'll choose it over an unknown when out of town (but part of that may be having a few very very bad experiences in seafood restaurants, like being served partially frozen mahi in one place and spoiled crab at another.

In town, though, I always choose local. I actually had a surprisingly great meal at Kingfish Bistro in College Park a couple of weeks ago. I'd read some dodgy reviews, but the mahi picatta and linguini was insanely good. Sadly, the place was mostly empty on a weekend night. I'm not sure they'll be around much longer.
I can understand the consistency from restaurant to restaurant is an argument for choosing a chain like Red Lobster, but nowadays there are so many quick and easy ways to find reviews of the best restaurants in various places using your computer or phone... I'm sure a quick check on Yelp, Zagat, or something similar would bring up a bunch of better, more interesting choices. What's the fun in traveling if you just go to the same old chains?

Old 12-28-2012, 03:01 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,656 times
I don't mean to eat at when at a destination... I mean on the road (like when driving home from Philly or Charlotte and stopping to eat). It's not worth the time to read 100 reviews and I don't trust them that much anyway, to be honest.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,455 times
wow some of you people are superficial. I'm kind of glad I know real Floridians.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM

406 posts, read 1,038,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
wow some of you people are superficial. I'm kind of glad I know real Floridians.
I'm an east coast Floridian , we tend to complain a lot I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando