Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Some people just have too much time on their hands....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
No way in hell is this thread for real.

First the poster said she gets disability then said she gets child support. I'm sure if I looked there'd be a post somewhere where the father is a deadbeat dad and hasn't been in their lives for years.

Mom needs to get off her ass and WORK FOR THIS MOVE if she wants to move.

Go back to school with all this free time and public assistance. Save your money, do something productive with your life and for your kids.

And for god's sake, lose the weight. At 378 pounds you'll never see your 30th birthday then what happens to your kids?

Rethink your priorities.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Something makes me think the OP is less than sincere
Unfortunately I think she is sincere, but naive at the very best. Given her circumstances, a move would be unrealistic and she'll end up another statistic living in a motel room on OBT or 192 and hoping there isn't an explosion in the next room--or hers.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 AM

160 posts, read 451,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
So you live on Section 8 and food stamps, and it would be an economic disadvantage for you to work. You vacation twice a year in Florida, and all you want is a nice house with a yard and a pool.

God help us all.
agreed

Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
So you live on Section 8 and food stamps, and it would be an economic disadvantage for you to work. You vacation twice a year in Florida, and all you want is a nice house with a yard and a pool.

God help us all.
Oh, please. If this were Oct, before the election, I'd say this is the stereotype the GOP wants to portray as the single mother of 2 who feels that it's better to get government benefits than to work, and that it's not necessary to take responsibility for your life. There's a very small percentage of people like this, but they are the exception, not the rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Some people just have too much time on their hands....
Maybe Romney is posting on CD now.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
I don't think this post is real , but if it is.....why would anyone move to Florida if they had autistic children.

Wouldn't you move somewhere that had the best services for those children. Not talking about only young children, but opportunities for old children and adults. You'd want the best schools, the best training services, adult group homes or independent living resources for when the children are older.

Beaches and pools are meaningless in that regard. Sure it's nice as a diversion but a a parent there is far more to raising successful autistic children that amusing them. Ditto for Disney, it's just a vacation, not a life style.

Florida is way down on the botom of any list of states as far a providng autism services. The better areas are Boston, NJ, especially northern NJ, NYC area, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh.

If the OP is real maybe should think this move through more in regard to not what the kids like , but what the kids will need now and in the future. You can find pools and amusement parks anywhere in the country.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
it's so cute that u wanna move to florida with no job.... awwwwww thats adorable

Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Because some parents are too self-absorbed to want what's best for their kids.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM

47 posts, read 132,230 times
Im a real person and this post is 100% truth. As far as my weight i no longer weigh 378 pounds...Im 301 pounds as of today. I lost a boatload of weight and im still losing. I want sunny warm weather , lots of family actitivities for my kids...and of course a pool. I admit the autism services i recieve in NYC is far better than anything I can get living in the south. That may be the ONLY reason I may decide not to move there . I dont see the problem with me not working. I have a reason. Taking care of special needs kids is a job in and of itself. If i got a job i'd struggle so bad financially. As it is now ... Were not struggling at all. Life is pretty sweet outside of this apartment. Im sure i can move to NJ and get a house and buy a pool for the summer but I dont want to be that close to my family .

I always wanted to move to Seattle but the weather is too dreary.

We may not get to move to Florida in the near future...guess we'll just have to contuinue to vacation there... or maybe do extended vacations so instead of spending one week in Disney/themed hotels twice a year...maybe we can do a 16 or 18 night trip once a year...so we can live the dream for as long as we can . We'll probaly want to get back home after so much time in Florida.

We wont be back in Florida until September Were booked for our first ever disney cruise . I think we'll stay up north and just go for extended vacations once a year . I really do like the school system up here for my kids....and i can buy a pool and put it in my mom's yard in the summer *shrugs*

Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 AM

47 posts, read 132,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
No way in hell is this thread for real.

First the poster said she gets disability then said she gets child support. I'm sure if I looked there'd be a post somewhere where the father is a deadbeat dad and hasn't been in their lives for years.

Mom needs to get off her ass and WORK FOR THIS MOVE if she wants to move.

Go back to school with all this free time and public assistance. Save your money, do something productive with your life and for your kids.

And for god's sake, lose the weight. At 378 pounds you'll never see your 30th birthday then what happens to your kids?

Rethink your priorities.

Yes the father is a deadbeat...he hasnt laid eyes on our kids in years He married and disappeared I dont even know where he lives. I still get child support which is garnished from his wages.

I weigh 301 pounds now and im steadily losing. My mom is giving me money for plastic surgery next month . Happy mama...happy kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando