Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM

11 posts, read 16,711 times

Advertisements

Any insight on Moss Park Apartments? It was mentioned that Moss Rd would be avoided but is this part a really bad area? We really need a 4 bedroom and they look really nice but I can't find any reviews. We have tried to look at rental houses but can't find any decent ones in our price range (preferably under $1000/month) We are moving down from NC in the next few months for my husband's job which will be in Maitland. Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 PM

19 posts, read 59,481 times
Moss Park Apts are brand new, but on the border of the not great area of Winter Springs. Honestly, looking at your price range you will have to decide whether it is more important to be living in a nicer house and nicer area, or if the number of bedrooms is more important. You can find a person renting privately owned house to get a 3 bedroom nicer place in nicer area for $1000 but that will even take a bit more hunting. You can usually get a lot bigger place going for private rental than an apartment. I don't think you can find a 4 bedroom for less than $1200 in the nicer areas.

In Winter springs, anything near the police station is an area you don't want to live in. The Highlands area just west of that is a very nice area though. There are a lot of single family homes and condos in the Highlands.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 PM

237 posts, read 1,059,578 times
It's hard to find a 4 bedroom in a nice area for under $1000. If you can go up to $1200 you might be able to find a small house in a pretty decent, child friendly neighborhood. Maybe try for a 3br Townhome in Heritage park or Parkstone. Those are both in the nicer area of Winter Springs.

I don't know what you are used to. Maybe the less desirable parts of Winter Springs isn't really that bad. I can certainly think of worse areas in Central Florida. I think just being in Seminole County costs a bit more than something down in Orange county. But if you have kids, the schools could be a huge factor.

Although Moss Park Apartments are brand new, I wouldn't have my kids playing outside unattended. The complex sits behind a bank and across the street from a small strip mall. It's not too far from Winter Springs Elementary school(which is a good school). It's just sort of busy with the cars going by and it's just not a place I'd let my kids ride around on their bikes or go exploring. It's actually a nice looking complex and if you have very young children who are always with you or it's just adults, I think it's fine. But if you have older kids who are at an age where they like to go outside and play on their own, it's not ideal.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM

11 posts, read 16,711 times
Thanks! I think we will keep looking and maybe we can get lucky and find a nice house. We are looking at private school so school district might not matter if that works out. In NC we are in a very quiet area in a 3 bedroom 2 bath on 1/2 acre and pay under $800 so we will have to do some major adjusting to our budget if we are looking at $1200! Thanks again for all the info.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 13,870 times
Default alafaya woods

We've whittled down our choice to Oviedo, but we were looking for what areas. Right now it's not so much the best areas, we want to know where to avoid. We're renting at first and we've seen a lot of affordable places in Alafaya Woods, how is this area? What areas are to be avoided? And if there are areas to be avoided why? Is it just less desirable homes, more dangerous areas, or something else?

Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM

237 posts, read 1,059,578 times
I don't know Oviedo as well, but absolutely avoid the area by the Oviedo Sports Complex and Jackson heights middle school. The middle school itself is a decent school, but the area around it is bad, especially at night. I think Alafaya Woods is pretty good.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 6,707 times
Definitely recommend Tuskawilla area in Winter Springs! Live in and love our 1.5 mil+ lakefront home in Winter Springs. Bought 20 years ago for 200,000. Safe area, great for kids. Just keeps getting better. Directly off Tuskawilla Rd., surrounded by subdivisions, but situated on a privately owned drive with 10 other houses, best of both worlds.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,707 times
Down Red Bug Lake Drive there are some nice Subdivisions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando